SiouxSports.com Forum

KFAN segment "3rd and Long with Howie Long"

petey23

Don't know if anyone else heard this a few minutes ago. Was listening to KFAN and their segment "3rd and Long with Howie Long" at 1 pm. Howie's commentary was how the fans of St. Louis are going to get a glimpse of their NHL future in....ERIC JOHNSON :sad: as he and the Minnesota Gophers will be playing in this year's Frozen Four. Oops ;) I guess if you are going to pre-record info, you should make sure it fits with what is really going to take place!!! ;)

Don't know if anyone else heard this a few minutes ago. Was listening to KFAN and their segment "3rd and Long with Howie Long" at 1 pm. Howie's commentary was how the fans of St. Louis are going to get a glimpse of their NHL future in....ERIC JOHNSON ;) as he and the Minnesota Gophers will be playing in this year's Frozen Four. Oops ;) I guess if you are going to pre-record info, you should make sure it fits with what is really going to take place!!! ;)

Thanks for confirming what I thought I had heard. I was listenting to "The Fan" and drove under some powerlines and he mentioned Eric Johnson as I was coming out from them.

They have only had the pairings set for a week and a half so it isn't like they had a lot of time to check. :sad:

I wish everyone wasn't on their way to St. Louis yet so there would be a "number" of comments for this example of extreme laziness and incredible arrogance. :sad:

I am not on my way to St. Louis, but I'll be on my way to WI tomorrow to spend Easter with my in-laws ;) Talk about a double wammy!!! But have made plans to sneak away and catch the game on TV.

Don't know if anyone else heard this a few minutes ago. Was listening to KFAN and their segment "3rd and Long with Howie Long" at 1 pm. Howie's commentary was how the fans of St. Louis are going to get a glimpse of their NHL future in....ERIC JOHNSON :sad: as he and the Minnesota Gophers will be playing in this year's Frozen Four. Oops ;) I guess if you are going to pre-record info, you should make sure it fits with what is really going to take place!!! ;)

The Blues can take a look at that other kid from UMD who's had a pretty good year, too. What's his name...Brett Hull?

Stick to football, Howie!

I usually listen to KFAN at that time of day, but did not hear this. Since that is Common Man's slot, there is a very good chance he did it as a bit. I didn't hear it so don't know for sure.

Good catch, mjchewy. It appears some got the hook, line, and sinker treatment on this bit.

Good catch, mjchewy. It appears some got the hook, line, and sinker treatment on this bit.

That is a syndicated segment that is played daily PRIOR to Common's "progrum" and usually Common will reference a "bit" if it is a "bit". But I'm sure with your reasoning you probably also fall in line with what Rosie has to say about conspiracies? :sad:

That is a syndicated segment that is played daily PRIOR to Common's "progrum" and usually Common will reference a "bit" if it is a "bit". But I'm sure with your reasoning you probably also fall in line with what Rosie has to say about conspiracies? :sad:

98% of common's show is a bit...and i don't hear him reference his bits all that often....either way...howie long is an idiot when it comes to the sport he played...much less hockey

I didn't catch the 3rd and Long until after 9pm last night. Pretty sure it was Common doing Long's voice, spot on, doing a bit. It would have been funny though.

As far as all of Puffy Naysayers, he is very knowledgeable about college hockey. He's pretty honest when it comes to talking about his gohpers. Going to the Xcel in March would be much more enjoyable if most of the gopher fans were more like him. He may even be a closet Sioux fan (probably just cheering for the WCHA though, I'd have a hard, alright, impossible time cheering for UMTC today if they were still in it), probably why he gave BC the "kiss of death."

I didn't catch the 3rd and Long until after 9pm last night. Pretty sure it was Common doing Long's voice, spot on, doing a bit. It would have been funny though.

As far as all of Puffy Naysayers, he is very knowledgeable about college hockey. He's pretty honest when it comes to talking about his gohpers. Going to the Xcel in March would be much more enjoyable if most of the gopher fans were more like him. He may even be a closet Sioux fan (probably just cheering for the WCHA though, I'd have a hard, alright, impossible time cheering for UMTC today if they were still in it), probably why he gave BC the "kiss of death."

He has said on air many times that he hates the Sioux more than anyone.

he actually said this morning that he cannot bring himself to cheer for the sioux....wcha or not...he will be cheering loudly for BC and not ashamed to admit it.