SiouxSports.com Forum

What Superstitions do you have?

Big A HG

I was just wondering this after looking at my superstitious wallpaper I have. Ever since I put it as my background on my computer, the Sioux went on their streak. It's actually a Wisconsin hockey wallpaper, but I thought it looked cool so I put it up. But, then after the Sioux started winning, I decided to leave it, and it's been there ever since.

I know, I know...it's kind of a Badger thing. I just thought it was cool cuz it had all the WCHA teams in a unique picture. Sorry :D

elliottwallpaper0os.jpg

What do you do to help the Sioux out in your own little way? ???

did you make that photo?? or is it from another link? if possible change the badger player to a sioux player :sad:

i drink 2 miller lites per period when watching the sioux at home or at a bar. no more no less......

now when i watch them in person at the ralph or elsewhere the miller lite still flows but there is no limits at all :p

jersey choices when at games live, i guess there is no rhyme or reason but usually go with a game used jerseyof some sort

besides that, i have none ???

love the bulldog holding on but for friken sake, the pioneers have the ugliest friken logo ever, what the hell is it? a dumb bird, i thought their old logo was a daniel boone looking mofo :D

did you make that photo?? or is it from another link? if possible change the badger player to a sioux player :sad:

i drink 2 miller lites per period when watching the sioux at home or at a bar. no more no less......

now when i watch them in person at the ralph or elsewhere the miller lite still flows but there is no limits at all :p

jersey choices when at games live, i guess there is no rhyme or reason but usually go with a game used jerseyof some sort

besides that, i have none :D

You're my new hero! Miller Lite - Great Taste, Less Filling - Good Call! ???

No, I didn't make the picture...you know who'd be on top if I did! :p

EDIT: I forgot to mention my lucky Nike Sioux Hockey T-Shirt. I've worn a multitude of other things, but none have the same success rate. When we gave up two goals in the final minute to tie earlier this year, I didn't have the t-shirt on...that's one example.

besides that, i have none ???

love the bulldog holding on but for friken sake, the pioneers have the ugliest friken logo ever, what the hell is it? a dumb bird, i thought their old logo was a daniel boone looking mofo :D

IMG_1275.jpg

That was a picture that was floating around the internet along with a few other things. I always thought that DU logo was a turkey. Its a bird of prey or a pioneer hat, I can't quite figure it out elliot%20rising%20sun.0.jpg

I was just wondering this after looking at my superstitious wallpaper I have. Ever since I put it as my background on my computer, the Sioux went on their streak. It's actually a Wisconsin hockey wallpaper, but I thought it looked cool so I put it up. But, then after the Sioux started winning, I decided to leave it, and it's been there ever since.

I know, I know...it's kind of a Badger thing. I just thought it was cool cuz it had all the WCHA teams in a unique picture. Sorry :D

elliottwallpaper0os.jpg

What do you do to help the Sioux out in your own little way? ???

saw this pic the other day put it into the program Fireworks and touched out just the Sioux Logo and than noticed his facial expression

this is a very cool pic even tho the sioux are shown to be inferior to the badgers in this image

Some type of gray Fighting Sioux Hockey t-shirt with long sleeve Sioux green t-shirt underneath. Hat forward when winning or tied (unless it is overtime) and hat backwards when losing and in OT (i.e. whenever we NEED a goal). Black shoes. No peeing when UND is on the PP or PK. Volume off when Doug Woog is speaking... :D

I wear a game worn Sioux jersey (usually one of Prp's), something pink (anything), & an emerald and diamond ring and pendent. Oh, and I NEVER leave the my seat until after the last player is off the ice!

I think Denver's logo is a cross between a frisbee and a boomerang with a picture of a hawk on it. Very ugly.

At Home:

Friday Night: Home Sioux Replica Jersey

Saturday Night: Nike Black Sioux Fleece

On Road:

Friday Night: Grey Hooded Sioux Sweatshirt w/SIOUX written across chest

Saturday Night: Green "University: North Dakota" T-shirt w/Road Sioux Replica Jersey over

Neutral:

Any Night: American Eagle bluejeans, '97 National Championship T-shirt w/Grey Sweatshirt and Home Sioux Replica Jersey over that.

I only came up with one when the sioux swept the goofs at Mariucci.

The night befor the friday game i saw a deck of cards next to my computer, and i said to myself: "if i cut this deck of cards at an ACE the Sioux will sweep the gophers"

I cut the deck and revealed that i cut the deck at the ACE of HEARTS. "WOW" i thought, and then i kissed it before each period of the series, then what do you know the Sioux swept the goofs since then i have kissed it before every period and the sioux have only lost 2 games, neither of them were in regulation time.

Sioux homecoming shirt with Sioux crew shirt and green Sioux sweatshirt with hockey beads for every game. Green socks with my Sioux socks because I started doing this in December/January and it seemed to be working.

That with green Sioux jersey for Friday games that I am at and white Sioux jersey for Saturday games that I am at. And if the game falls on a Sunday then it is the Saturday jersey that day.

Then, just little things that I have to do before every game or it doesn't feel right.

I get out the beer cart.

Sioux t-shirt under my game-worn.

There are a lot of quirky things that I do......and if they don't seem to be working, then I switch them up......

Almost forgot, on Friday, I wake the kiddies up singing "Stand Up and Cheer" and get them Sioux clothing to wear to school. :D

I have a few. First one is my Mike Commador signed jersey. He signed it when he can here with the cup. Worn it twice, opening home game. Worn it during the last playoff game vs Mankato. It has been retired for now. Worn a green t-shirt with the UND logo across the front. Had it on for both West Regional games. It is hanging in closet until Thursday night.(not washed) Also, during the season if the team loses on Friday night will not wear the same jersey or pullover that I have. I have to wear one of my other ones. I do not wear my Sioux color during the day on game days. Only put them on before game time. I have on non Sioux superstition. I will not wear any Kevin Harvick clothing on race day. I had on my Dale Earnhardt jacket on the day he died.

I have a few. First one is my Mike Commador signed jersey. He signed it when he can here with the cup. Worn it twice, opening home game. Worn it during the last playoff game vs Mankato. It has been retired for now. Worn a green t-shirt with the UND logo across the front. Had it on for both West Regional games. It is hanging in closet until Thursday night.(not washed) Also, during the season if the team loses on Friday night will not wear the same jersey or pullover that I have. I have to wear one of my other ones. I do not wear my Sioux color during the day on game days. Only put them on before game time. I have on non Sioux superstition. I will not wear any Kevin Harvick clothing on race day. I had on my Dale Earnhardt jacket on the day he died.

I am damn happy to know that commie is still alive ! :sad::D I guess racing is racing and hockey is well life and death ???

Only game I watched with one friend after the hot streak started was the Denver OT loss, so no matter what was going on, I would not being around him for the game. Then they lost to MN in OT after I specifically left his house, so that superstition ended. (watched the last game with him. might be a new one starting)

I was attended 10 Sioux games in the past 2 years. 8 wins, 2 losses. Only games I have ever went to with another friend were Wis and MTech this year. Debating if I can ever go with him again. :D