SiouxSports.com Forum

Another Clueless fan.

Goon

The original post stated that the Gophers are now recruiting outside the state. I lived in Bismarck for a couple years and realize how small the population is there, but you also have to realize that there are 5 MN teams recruiting MN players and 6 if you add Grand Forks. I am proud we have won with mainly MN players. That was our choice. I have to admit you Sioux fans really seem to love your team and know them well, and as of yet, don't seem as obnoxious as packer fans.

I'm sure you know that R. Englestad is from St. Paul? Why did he attend UND? What did he study there?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did play high school hockey in TRF. Currently building an arena there that will host some of the WJC games in 2005. Don't know his UND major; business a good guess.

I'd guess you're all proud of fellow goph fan yellowdog :D

Wow, one guy from another country. You only have 4 North Dakotans on your entire team. The rest from out of state or country.

If you look at most team rosters, the majority of players are from out of state...it's called college, I myself am from Minneapolis, yet I go to school in North Dakota...look at that...out of state :D

melde...give it a few years, the Gophers will have just as many out of country players as the rest of the NCAA (I hesitate to say out of state, because of the caliber of hockey that does come out of Minnesota). I was not saying it was a bad thing, perhaps I could have made that more clear...I apologize.

I just started coming to this board to check it out. I can see the obvious dislike the sioux fans have for Gopher fans. A lot of comparisons have been made including goonies 7>4 thing. I'm just defending the Gophers decision to carry mostly Minnesota players and Minnesota's hockey tradition. Most college teams have many players from other states/countries, but that is what I like about Minnesota. They have been successful with mostly MN players. If it wasn't for MN hockey players, the WCHA would not be nearly as good as it is now. Many WCHA schools here have MN players, the same can't be said for ND/WI etc.

The ranting and raving on uscho does make it really hard to read at times, however, I really enjoy the scores update thread. Also it wouldn't be a good week without Sica's "the list" thread in the community section. I would feel really lost without both this site (siouxsports) and uscho. The uscho site is an excellent way to become informed on other teams/conferences/players. When the events of Sept 11 unfolded I was glued to uscho -- I remember when Ritt18 (a "hated" BC fan) posted that he was getting out of there (NYC) -- I cried in relief that this pompous @ss was okay -- that's what uscho has the potential to do -- bring together hockey fans from across the USA and Canada to create a funny, antagonistic, informative forum. Many of the posters stop just short of crossing "the line" but that's the fun in it -- the few that cross are easily "ignored" or in some cases are banned. And even when they're banned it's entertaining to figure out who they now are (ie Chris!!!, eaglebunny, newton, Cathy's something or other, wasn't there something about bean or beacon hill?) I love reading the "discussions" between Chuck Murray, Bobo, darin, etc.... -- they can make the flaming between UND and UMN seem tame!

Oh, come on...

USCHO is GREAT... not for anything valuable, but just to solidify that UND fans are, at the very least, more knowing, more intelligent and better spellers (you-know-who being the exception!).

Besides, it is like free psychotherapy when your favorite team seems to be on a serious slide in the second half of the season... we all know what I am talking about!

:)

I just started coming to this board to check it out. I can see the obvious dislike the sioux fans have for Gopher fans. A lot of comparisons have been made including goonies 7>4 thing. I'm just defending the Gophers decision to carry mostly Minnesota players and Minnesota's hockey tradition. Most college teams have many players from other states/countries, but that is what I like about Minnesota. They have been successful with mostly MN players.  If it wasn't for MN hockey players, the WCHA would not be nearly as good as it is now. Many WCHA schools here have MN players, the same can't be said for ND/WI etc.

the obvious dislike for goofers isn't any different than the hatred for the Sioux on Pee-on-ice. please be objective and don't kid yourself. it wouldn't be as fun if the two fan bases loved each other. what would we have to talk about? if the goofers held a 7>4 advantage wouldn't you use it? well, you can't. :) you're right......the league is stronger becasue of MN players. they crank out more per capita than any other state i would imagine. why would MN have to recruit from other states? if fact, there have been many MN players that have won championships with the Sioux. does UND owe MN anything for that? does MN owe ND anything for having a North Dakotan score the winning goal in the title game last year? NOOOOOOO! think about it........next year the goofers will have almost as many ND players as UND. does it bother you?