SiouxSports.com Forum

It's official: Duncan one of three Hobey Baker finalists

PCM

At the sake of being roasted I need to say that I dont look at Duncan as a hobey winner. I hope he wins but I think of guys like Panzer, Blake, Parise etc as a hobey type guy not Duncan> I agree he had a great year but I jsut dont see him as the best player in college hockey.

Do you see Brown or Ehn as the best player in college hockey?

Duncan has done just as much as either of them, or more, and been perfectly consistant all season and deserves to win.

Maybe Panzer, Blake and Parise do fit the "mold" that you look for, but they were up against tougher competition in their respective years.

This is Duncan's year.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree he is as good or better than EHN or Brown but it just amazes me that the 2nd hobey winner from UND can be Duncan I think he is a good player and a FIRST class guy but he is like half the player Hrkac was and I can name 10 players for the SIOUX who were more deserving. As much as we talk about how the caliber of hockey players has gone up based on draft status. I do have to ask has it really gone up at all? And I know I am just disappointed because we lost but where was Duncan tonight. Hobey players win big games. Look at Hrkac in 1987 he had 3 points against Harvard and 3 in the finals. Duncan hasn

Do you see Brown or Ehn as the best player in college hockey?

Duncan has done just as much as either of them, or more, and been perfectly consistant all season and deserves to win.

Maybe Panzer, Blake and Parise do fit the "mold" that you look for, but they were up against tougher competition in their respective years.

This is Duncan's year.

SOmetimes the best player doesn't win.

I pick Ehn for Hobey based upon the fact that he holds the most conspiracy theories supporting his selection (:silly:).

I would be surprised if Brown took it either. But as it was said on USCHO, that would really piss off the Elliott fans (and rightfully so).

I would be surprised if Brown took it either. But as it was said on USCHO, that would really piss off the Elliott fans (and rightfully so).

The Elliott fans can console themselves with their title, I'd be worried about the Cornell geeks. :silly: