SiouxSports.com Forum

STL

Ohjay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So latest estimates for struggling college students are:

Tickets- 100-200$ depending where you sit and how good you are at getting tickets...

Gas- 150+ split (#) ways

Hotel- about 100$ per in the end with all the bs

Alcohol- This depends but I bet it will come before food for most...

Extras- 50-150$

Final cost: If you have 400 dollars you can make it happen.. and you need to be a light wieght drinker

I have a group of college kids going (with a few tickets left that need a person with them) and I figured out the estimation to be about $400/person..... with tickets, gas, hotel, and food....

I have a group of college kids going (with a few tickets left that need a person with them) and I figured out the estimation to be about $400/person..... with tickets, gas, hotel, and food....

You should pm me about those tickets or if they are givin them up or whatever the case might be.. thanks

Iam going to STL. Got 4 tickets and taking my sister and neice and nephew. It was there christmas presents from me. staying at the Hilton by the ballpark. Should be a great time, hope to meet some SS.com people. Smoggy I knew you would go. See you there. Beer anyone.

Red Frog,

Did you get my pm?

Yes, Thank you. I haven't decided if we're booking the Hazelwood one, or the Airport one yet. I'm assuming you are at the Airport one, is that within walking distance of the Light Rail Way station near there?

Hey Ms. Forecheck... My experience has been that when the Goofs are out, tickets are easy to get on the street from the scalpers at or near face value. The exception was last year when another team with a varmint for a mascot was playing in its home rink (well pretty near it home rink)...that was a tough ticket. This year will be more like Columbus where there are no college teams, etc. I'd just get them when you arrive. I'm sure they will be available...

Don't forget that this is a pro sports city meaning there should be MANY professional scalpers. Might be wise to have a printout of the arena ahead of time so you know the sections.

Yes, Thank you. I haven't decided if we're booking the Hazelwood one, or the Airport one yet. I'm assuming you are at the Airport one, is that within walking distance of the Light Rail Way station near there?

Yeah, that's where were at. We do have some friends looking into another place and if that works out better we may stay there. The MetroLink station is across I-70 from the hotel. If there isn't a walkway to cross it, the hotel has a free airport shuttle that I plan on taking to the station.

Hey Ms. Forecheck... My experience has been that when the Goofs are out, tickets are easy to get on the street from the scalpers at or near face value. The exception was last year when another team with a varmint for a mascot was playing in its home rink (well pretty near it home rink)...that was a tough ticket. This year will be more like Columbus where there are no college teams, etc. I'd just get them when you arrive. I'm sure they will be available...

I actually have a contact that I get tickets through every year. I was just looking into what this guy was offering.

URGENT

who is going on the sioux Charter but has not bought the trip yet.

i am coming to grand forks on Wednesday 4th april and have paid for my travels from sydney Australia to GFK and was wondering if i could book the charter with anyone to lower the price a little as i already have spent lots getting to Grand Forks.

Any Help Please it would be heavily appreciated.

If you're looking for some places to hang out near the Scottrade Center, maybe this helps. I thought I saw a couple other STL locals lurking around here, they may have other opinions, here are mine.

A:: Inside of the Scottrade on the main level is a bar named "14th & Clark," not a bad little place.

http://scottradecenter.com/content/14.html

B:: Federko's on the main floor of the nearby Sheraton Hotel is a hockey themed place. However I have never heard anyone say that it was known for their food, so don't get your hopes up in that regard - but I've never ordered off the menu so be your own judge. But hey, it's only a block or two away and with it being owned by NHL Hall of Famer Bernie Federko, you can bet it has its own flair for the Hockey nostalgia.

C:: A place that I like that's slightly farther away is Maggie O'Briens. No promises here either but it has plenty of space to accomodate plenty of people.

http://www.maggieobriens.com/

D:: Avoid North St. Louis City all together, unless you're into gangs and crack, the same could be said for East St. Louis Illinois which in my opinion is better viewed from afar, or the other side of the Mississippi. If you ask some locals they'll brag that E. STL is where the strip joints are... they're right, but personally I avoid that dump like the plague... or Herpes.

E:: The total opposite of N/E STL is Clayton, MO - St. Louis's lesser known Downtown #2. Accessible via the Metrolink Train. Upscale and Cosmopolitan if that's what your into. Not for the tight budgeting tourist, however super nice.

Here's the link to the Metrolink Train website: http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/MLtimetables.asp

F:: Outside of a severe weather event, the climate this time of year in St. Louis can be almost unbeatable, although right now they're predicting it to be a little on the cool side (highs less than 60) but maybe that's hot to you, I dunno. Either way it's almost 2 weeks away, in this part of the country and time of year, weather forecasts can, and often do change suddenly, so keep your eye out on it.

Hope that helps.

If you're looking for some places to hang out near the Scottrade Center, maybe this helps. I thought I saw a couple other STL locals lurking around here, they may have other opinions, here are mine.

A:: Inside of the Scottrade on the main level is a bar named "14th & Clark," not a bad little place.

http://scottradecenter.com/content/14.html

B:: Federko's on the main floor of the nearby Sheraton Hotel is a hockey themed place. However I have never heard anyone say that it was known for their food, so don't get your hopes up in that regard - but I've never ordered off the menu so be your own judge. But hey, it's only a block or two away and with it being owned by NHL Hall of Famer Bernie Federko, you can bet it has its own flair for the Hockey nostalgia.

C:: A place that I like that's slightly farther away is Maggie O'Briens. No promises here either but it has plenty of space to accomodate plenty of people.

http://www.maggieobriens.com/

D:: Avoid North St. Louis City all together, unless you're into gangs and crack, the same could be said for East St. Louis Illinois which in my opinion is better viewed from afar, or the other side of the Mississippi. If you ask some locals they'll brag that E. STL is where the strip joints are... they're right, but personally I avoid that dump like the plague... or Herpes.

E:: The total opposite of N/E STL is Clayton, MO - St. Louis's lesser known Downtown #2. Accessible via the Metrolink Train. Upscale and Cosmopolitan if that's what your into. Not for the tight budgeting tourist, however super nice.

Here's the link to the Metrolink Train website: http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/MLtimetables.asp

F:: Outside of a severe weather event, the climate this time of year in St. Louis can be almost unbeatable, although right now they're predicting it to be a little on the cool side (highs less than 60) but maybe that's hot to you, I dunno. Either way it's almost 2 weeks away, in this part of the country and time of year, weather forecasts can, and often do change suddenly, so keep your eye out on it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for the info from a Sioux Fan in the cities. I especially appreciate the knowledge that NE St. Louis, MO is cosmo as opposed to "not so cosmo" across the river. Do you have any desire and/or pull to get us a designated Sioux Bar for the FF?

How does one go about getting tickets to the Hobey Baker/Skills Competitions?

Also, any word on whether or not there will be a bus charter going down? I'm looking to try and save on gas money as my F150 isn't going to do me very well in the pocket book at 1,000 miles each way. It'd be my daughter(17) and I going.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated!!

THANX and GO SIOUX!!

How does one go about getting tickets to the Hobey Baker/Skills Competitions?

Also, any word on whether or not there will be a bus charter going down? I'm looking to try and save on gas money as my F150 isn't going to do me very well in the pocket book at 1,000 miles each way. It'd be my daughter(17) and I going.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated!!

THANX and GO SIOUX!!

The Skills tickets can be bought on Ticketmaster. I would wait and by them at the door the night of the event. Save the TM charges. There will be some cheap ones on the street as well. Plenty of open seats. Alot of folks skip the Hobey and Skills. We went last year, and it was fun. Good fare with youngsters in tow.

No idea on the bus. Good to hear that you are a Ford man. At least you will not run the risk of breaking down on the side of the road as will those driving BMWs and Chevrolets.