SiouxSports.com Forum

STL

Ohjay

For the basketball Final Four a few years back, each team was "assigned" an official bar. I'm not sure who does the assignments, but either the Alumni Association or your Department of Intercollegiate Athletics should be publicizing this very soon.

Are you sure the NCAA doesn't assign the official bars ? YIKES the Fighting Sioux bar will be in East St. Louis if that is the case ???

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Pinehurst golfing, clubs would definitely have to come with to St. Louis! ??? Temps are nice in St. Louis right now.

Woke up this moring to find four inches of snow on my car!!! I'm in northern Arizona!! Two days ago it was 70 degrees with 40 mile an hour winds blowing red dust into my pores!!

I can't wait to get back to the Mid-west for some nice weather!!

Woke up this moring to find four inches of snow on my car!!! I'm in northern Arizona!! Two days ago it was 70 degrees with 40 mile an hour winds blowing red dust into my pores!!

I can't wait to get back to the Mid-west for some nice weather!!

You too huh? I had at least 6 inches of wet snow piled on my car this morning, but it was obviously warm enough in Denver that the snow melted as soon as it hit the streets even though it snowed ALL day.

Just booked a room at Drury Inn Plaza on 4th St. for $99 for Thurs/Fri. I'm going to stay with a friend Weds. and Thursday night.

For you in Rochester, take 67 down to Waterloo IA, then 380 to Iowa City and IA 27 Across in MO. From there, just follow US 61 into STL. Take it all the time.

For you in GF, either I-29 or Via the Twin Cities south to Mason City/IA to IA 27 is about the same. The I 29 route is boring as hell (take it from a guy who drives it way to often). I made it in 12 hours this summer, stopping every 3-4 (KC/Omaha/Sioux Falls and Grand Forks). Remember: higher speed limits in ND and SD.

That sounds good - I was going to take 63 all the way to Columbia and then over - but 61 looks like it has alot less jiggy-jaggs.

Mapquest recommends going through Madison and down - never would have thought of that.

Also - looks like good bus service by the RV Park where I'm staying at - should be a great weekend.

Are you sure the NCAA doesn't assign the official bars ? YIKES the Fighting Sioux bar will be in East St. Louis if that is the case :silly:
Remember, the Illini were in the Final Four exactly two years ago this weekend. The NCAA already had us in their sights by then. :huh:

BTW, North Dakota has the same bar that was assigned to Illinois back in 2005.

Coincidence? You be the judge. ???

all set with tix and hotel, staying at the drury with 4 maybe 6 total. myself flying from az, a buddy from bemidji and 2 from g-forks and 2 from bismarck...GO SIOUXXX

Got Tickets? We do! Yeeeessssss! Leafs and I will be driving down on Wednesday. Go Sioux!

Mapquest recommends going through Madison and down - never would have thought of that.

Also - looks like good bus service by the RV Park where I'm staying at - should be a great weekend.

Noooooooooo, don't use Mapquest. We used it in Hawaii and had disastrous results. When I told friends about it, turns out the majority also got bad directions from Mapquest. Yahoo directions are much more reliable.

Anybody familiar with DT St Louis? Maybe we could plan a "siouxsports.com" gathering ... or just take over a bar like good hockey fans. :D

I am making "official" unofficial ss.com name tags to bring to the pre-game party so PM me or add your name to the thread already started here in the forum regarding name tags. Make the list or be left out!

67? Do you mean US 63? That was the way that Google suggested. BTW, we are going down 1 day early to see a Wednesday night game between the Cards and Mets at the new stadium.

Ooops, my bad. Yes, it is US 63. Not a bad drive at all..... and once you hit Waterloo it's all 4 lane (exception is 20 miles in Missouri which is under construction: Don't worry though, they are building next to (not over) the existing highway.

Yes: My wheels did touch the ground (if you call driving 90 in South Dakota touching the ground!!!

I am making "official" unofficial ss.com name tags to bring to the pre-game party so PM me or add your name to the thread already started here in the forum regarding name tags. Make the list or be left out!

Hooters at Stadium Village (next to the new Busch) or Charlie Gitto's (1 block north of Busch). Both are a good time.

Count me in!!! ???