SiouxSports.com Forum

Pick me, pick me!

jimdahl

The best thing about this game is how no one can bring themselves to bet against their team -- precisely the same percentage of people are picking Michigan to beat UND (3%) as are picking Air Force to beat Minnesota (3%) ;)

I'm actually a little surprised how much love for SCSU there has been so far, with 51% predicting an advance to the Frozen Four. Only the Notre Dame bracket doesn't have a clear favorite.

im pretty anxious about the outcome of the regional, but i am wondering what will happen with BC, who seems to be like und in the hot at the end of the year department. i think und will hit the ground running against mich. and continue against minn. too, after the loss last weekend. luckily michigans goaltending situationis iffy.

I should have picked North Dakota to lose to Michigan because I'm always so far off.

Last year I actually picked Minnesota to win it all. :silly:

I realize you have to pick with your head and not your heart, but, cmon, picking the Gophers to win it? I feel like throwing up.

Games are underway, picks are closed.

AZSIOUX has again generously offered some prizes to the winner, more details on that later.

The first interesting analysis tidbit, the homer confidence ratio -- percentage of entrants who picked UND to win it all:

2007 78% (Minnesota #2 with 10%, BC #3 with 5%, Notre Dame #4 with 2%)

2006 71% (Wisconsin #2 with 14%)

2005 52% (CC #2 with 20%, Denver #3 with 10%)

2004 87% (Minn. #2 with 7%, BC #3 with 2%, Denver under 1% to make the final game)

Champs in bold

Games are underway, picks are closed.

AZSIOUX has again generously offered some prizes to the winner, more details on that later.

The first interesting analysis tidbit, the homer confidence ratio -- percentage of entrants who picked UND to win it all:

2007 78% (Minnesota #2 with 10%, BC #3 with 5%, Notre Dame #4 with 2%)

2006 71% (Wisconsin #2 with 14%)

2005 52% (CC #2 with 20%, Denver #3 with 10%)

2004 87% (Minn. #2 with 7%, BC #3 with 2%, Denver under 1% to make the final game)

Champs in bold

If this pattern continues next year, maybe people will figure out to pick someone besides us! :)

First game is done, the scoring begins. Everyone feeling clever for picking the big #4-#1 upset is the company of over 100 people.

Leaderboard (click on a name to see the picks and up-to-date correctness of the picks)

I'm perfect so far and in 30th place... NICE!!! :)

How did that happen... it isn't even alphabetical!!! :)

I smell conspiracy...

:lol:

Did anyone notice that the brackets first round is the same is last year when you click on the names on the leaderboard. Minnesota is playing holy cross again! :lol:

Oops -- thanks. The display of your picks has always been right, I apparently just didn't update the display of the teams from which you made those picks when flipping the leaderboard on yesterday. Fixed.

Tied for 1st... or 16th... and depends on how you look at it!!!!

I am now in a perfect position. If Minnesota wins, I win on my pick. If Air Force wins, I lose on my pick but the Gophers lost. Win-win!