SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Jokers

siouxguyinstpaul

Hanging banners for winning the WCHA Playoff Championship is stupid. I know this because UND only hangs banners for NCAA and WCHA Titles, and everything they do is right and if you do anything differently than them you're simply ass backwards.

I thought the Final Five was a meaningless tourney, just ask coach lucia.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanging banners for winning the WCHA Playoff Championship is stupid. I know this because UND only hangs banners for NCAA and WCHA Titles, and everything they do is right and if you do anything differently than them you're simply ass backwards.

I am disappointed that there is not a place in Marri-ucky to hang the DQ Cup Banners. Course they didn't quite win it this year.

Here's another nice stat to play with. UMTC is 1-5-2 vs. the top four teams in the WCHA. The game they did win (vs DU) they were outshot 41-31.

Good Luck bringing home your WCHA playoff banner!

I thought the Final Five was a meaningless tourney, just ask coach lucia.

Lucia's comments last year about the third place game were inexcusable. Even though he was essentially right (win or lose it wasn't possible for Minnesota to be placed anywhere but the #1 seed in GF), his comments gave his players an excuse to not care about the game. If the head coach doesn't care, the players sure won't care either. A lot of Gopher fans, including myself, were very upset by those comments and even more upset by some comments he made after the Holy Cross debacle.

Lucia's comments last year about the third place game were inexcusable. Even though he was essentially right (win or lose it wasn't possible for Minnesota to be placed anywhere but the #1 seed in GF), his comments gave his players an excuse to not care about the game. If the head coach doesn't care, the players sure won't care either. A lot of Gopher fans, including myself, were very upset by those comments and even more upset by some comments he made after the Holy Cross debacle.

WOW, a goher fan that makes sense and gets it, nice post :D its all about momentum going tothe ncaa's, thats why the games mean so much, oh yeah, and a thing called PRIDE

Gopher players team meeting before the "hair coloring party"...

Hey ladies, let's take the focus off of our limited hockey skills and have people talk about our hair instead. Hee hee hee.

Do they shave their legs and get Brazilian waxes too? :D

Gopher players team meeting before the "hair coloring party"...

Hey ladies, let's take the focus off of our limited hockey skills and have people talk about our hair instead. Hee hee hee.

Do they shave their legs and get Brazilian waxes too? :D

It's ugly, it's gross, it's been done by a local high school. Let's get over this hair styling post and back to the more important matters at hand:

1. East Coast Bias

2. Minnesota Bias

3. NCAA Bias (mind control of the referees forcing bad calls against UND, thus hopefully hindering the chances that the Fighting Sioux name scandal would be brought to the forefront of the (hockey) nation's attention.

Or something like that.

I didn't make it to mariyucki for this years series but I am curious ...........

Did the goofers have donnys neck brace and mullet hanging up with the banners? ;)

I didn't make it to mariyucki for this years series but I am curious ...........

Did the goofers have donnys neck brace and mullet hanging up with the banners? :lol:

Long Island Frazee might need that neck brace by the end of the weekend...

All I know is the McNaughton Cup makes a pretty good preoxide holder.

Really? I heard that Madge fills it with Lux and has the entire Gopher team soak their hands in it before she does their nails. :)

Solid reply :)

Maybe you'll like this one better.

I remember a few years back when Lucia and Gopher fans told us that winning the McNaughton Cup wasn't important. I remember when Lucia said his team didn't need a freshman to carry the mail. I remember when certain Gopher fans flooded a Sioux hockey fan site with "CHOKERS" posts following the 97-98 and 98-99 seasons.

Now we have Gopher fans coming here to tell us that winning the McNaughton vastly important.

Now we have Gopher fans coming here to boast about the wonderful freshmen they have that we don't.

Now we have Gopher fans who whine, complain and make threats against Sioux fans who remind them of Holy Cross.

My, how times have changed. :lol:

Maybe you'll like this one better.

I remember a few years back when Lucia and Gopher fans told us that winning the McNaughton Cup wasn't important. I remember when Lucia said his team didn't need a freshman to carry the mail. I remember when certain Gopher fans flooded a Sioux hockey fan site with "CHOKERS" posts following the 97-98 and 98-99 seasons.

Now we have Gopher fans coming here to tell us that winning the McNaughton vastly important.

Now we have Gopher fans coming here to boast about the wonderful freshmen they have that we don't.

Now we have Gopher fans who whine, complain and make threats against Sioux fans who remind them of Holy Cross.

My, how times have changed. :lol:

One thing that hasn't changed.....

Gopher fans are still complete and total idiots! :lol:

All I know is the McNaughton Cup makes a pretty good preoxide holder. It's been a while since you had it, perhaps you forgot how well it works. You should try and it win again sometime.

There is only one trophy that matters!!!!

Really? I heard that Madge fills it with Lux and has the entire Gopher team soak their hands in it before she does their nails. :)

When I toured the Ralph they showed us the hot tub that fits the entire Sioux roster. People can say what they want about the Gophers getting perms a few years ago and dying their hair blonde last week. But nothing is gayer than 20 Sioux players hot tubbing it together. :lol: