SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats Joe!

AZSIOUX

If it looks like a duck walks like a duck it's a duck QUACK QUACK !!! But Hey I like ducks :silly::D maybe the ugly ducklings are growing up to be swans ? ? ? :D Congrats Joe bigok.gif

How did we get from duck to swans. :lol: Also, what about geese? ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed an entire thread, apparently.

Early in the season, a poster and a bunch of others thought Joe Finley should be signed by Washington so he'd be their problem. Essentially, they wanted Joe off the Sioux.

That was me and I still think he is a liability against teams like the gophers and maine. (teams with good team speed)

It has been my stance all along, he does well against teams that aren't really fast but he doesn't have the foot-speed to skate with the Jay barribal's or the Teddy Purcell's.

It has been my stance all along, he does well against teams that aren't really fast but he doesn't have the foot-speed to skate with the Jay barribal's or the Teddy Purcell's.

No offense Lives to play but the Sioux lit the Gophers up? The Sioux also didn't give up a lot of goals in that series as well.

How did we get from duck to swans. :silly: Also, what about geese? :lol:

What do you know! You only care if you can shoot them or not! ;)

And Lives to Play - You need to reread my responses to you in those threads. They STILL apply now, only I'm not the only (or one of the few) who sees it now. And I don't recall Finley getting burned much by any Gopher. And I recall the entire team getting burned by Maine.

That was me and I still think he is a liability against teams like the gophers and maine. (teams with good team speed)

Perhaps not but when you have a wing span like Joe's it takes the little squirts a couple of hours to skate around him. :silly: Or perhaps someone's hatred is somewhat rooted in little hockey player syndrome.

You missed an entire thread, apparently.

Early in the season, a poster and a bunch of others thought Joe Finley should be signed by Washington so he'd be their problem. Essentially, they wanted Joe off the Sioux.

No I didn't miss the thread,(Finley needs to be signed by the Capitals, now) I was mocking the people that thought that way. Joe Finley is developing much like the other big guys we've had recently, Commodore, Greene and Smaby come to mind. I don't think those guys were real good until the end of their sophomore years. All three had great Junior years and were unfortunately gone.

It takes a while to learn the game at this level. One thing about him is that he isn't taking the penalties that Commodore and Greene did in their underclassman years. In that way he's hurt the team less.

Because of his size people expect him to be a big hitter. In this case, his size may be working against him. He's so much taller than the other guys he might have a hard time getting behind the checks. That doesn't really matter, he has to play physical but that doesn't always mean throwing the big check at center ice.

Seem's to me we swept the goophs on their home turf. Last time I checked hockey was a team sport. Big Joe is not individually responsible for win's and losses. It seem's you still don't get the team concept. Your dislike for certain players seems to be justification, at least in your mind, for laying blame on those you think are not up to your "standards." Why don't you stay over with the high schooler's at least some of them buy into your bull$%!#.

Seem's to me we swept the goophs on their home turf. Last time I checked hockey was a team sport. Big Joe is not individually responsible for win's and losses. It seem's you still don't get the team concept. Your dislike for certain players seems to be justification, at least in your mind, for laying blame on those you think are not up to your "standards." Why don't you stay over with the high schooler's at least some of them buy into your bull$%!#.

IMO (of course) Finley has excellent footspeed for his size. He's not as fast as Chris Porter but very few are. So it comes down to learning how to play at this level. I think he's coming along fine.

It seems that many people here have maroon and gold blinders on....since that seems to be the only series that anyone compares anything to this year. One series does not matter, just look at the Maine series. Just because it was early on doesn't make it a part of this season. So when making a comparison, you should include more than just one series.

It seems that many people here have maroon and gold blinders on....since that seems to be the only series that anyone compares anything to this year. One series does not matter, just look at the Maine series. Just because it was early on doesn't make it a part of this season. So when making a comparison, you should include more than just one series.

And you should also include the whole team for the ups and downs of this season. The goopher win's were huge as they are one of our biggest rivals. You will have a hard time convincing people not to be excited about it. They are still one of the top teams in college hockey, they may or may not be left standing come tourney time, but my guess is they will have to be reckoned with at some point. Not to make excuses for losses, but the team did battle through early season injuries, which factors into the whole equation also.

If it looks like a duck walks like a duck it's a duck QUACK QUACK !!! But Hey I like ducks :silly::D maybe the ugly ducklings are growing up to be swans ? ? ? :lol: Congrats Joe bigok.gif

Careful about Duck references... Goon will start shooting... ;)

Hm... I thought the reason why we didn't win was because we weren't scoring. Good to know that we can still win without scoring. This is why I am so cynical towards some posters here. Some of you are INCAPABLE of seeing that, early in the season, we weren't good AS A TEAM. But, instead of saying defensive lapses, shoddy goaltending, bad special teams, untimely penalties, and lack of scoring were the reasons we did not do well we just pin it on Lee, Finley, and Lammy. Lee I already understand is a lost cause to many here. He's 6'3" tall and he's not Greene. That means he will suck. I'll have to accept that. Lee would have been much better if he wasn't drafted 9th overall and was Radke's size even if he did nothing else in his game better. Finley is following the path Smaby followed without as many penalty minutes. But he's not as good of an open ice hitter Smaby was so he sucks.

Whatever. Lee and Finley rock. I'm happy they wear a Sioux jersey. And I'll always root for them whenever they take the ice.

I too will always root for Finley and Lee however when they are not playing well I won't have to take off my rose colored glasses to see it :silly:

Ok, think that he can keep up with the Teddy Purcells and the Jay Barribals.

Did I say you should blame the Maine loss on him? No I did not.

Did I say the team would be better off with a player with better puckhandling skills and better footspeed against skilled teams? Yes I did.

Ok, think that he can keep up with the Teddy Purcells and the Jay Barribals.

Did I say you should blame the Maine loss on him? No I did not.

Did I say the team would be better off with a player with better puckhandling skills and better footspeed against skilled teams? Yes I did.

Did I say you are clueless most of the time? Yes I did. By the way, where has barribal been the last half of the season?

Did I say you are clueless most of the time? Yes I did. By the way, where has barribal been the last half of the season?

Do I care what you think? No I don't.

Do I want Joe Finley to not be a liability against Maine and the Gophers and other teams with good team speed? Yes I do.

Am I scared when he is on the ice against these teams? Yes I am.

Do I think he skates well? No I don't.

Do I see him make arid passes consistently? Yes I do.

Do I care what you think? No I don't.

Do I want Joe Finley to not be a liability against Maine and the Gophers and other teams with good team speed? Yes I do.

Am I scared when he is on the ice against these teams? Yes I am.

Do I think he skates well? No I don't.

Do I see him make arid passes consistently? Yes I do.

Do I think Joe Finley will make a career out of playing proffesional hockey? Yes I do.

Do I think the only career you will have is washing dishes and scubbing toilets at Pizza Hut in Grafton? Again the answer is yes.

Do I think you are still clueless? Yes.

Do I wish you would just go away? Double yes.

Do I think Joe Finley will make a career out of playing proffesional hockey? Yes I do.

Do I think the only career you will have is washing dishes and scubbing toilets at Pizza Hut in Grafton? Again the answer is yes.

Do I think you are still clueless? Yes.

Do I wish you would just go away? Double yes.

Do I have a feeling that would be an up-grade from your career? Yes I do.