SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats Joe!

AZSIOUX

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoaa!! Careful there Triouxp. You belittling my work avocation of dishes and scrubbing toilets for Johnny A. at The Extra End?

I take it back, after seeing that fight between you and 7>4 (the old man one that is), I don't want to mess with either of you two bad mofo's.

Here's my take on Joe, Lee, and Lammy!

Lammy - Battled through the first half of the season without a lot of help from the blue-liners or back-checking forwards. He has been very solid since the break and could potentially be one of those guys to steal a game down the stretch.

Finley - I have questioned his puck moving skills, but have been more critical about his lack of "toughness". With his size, he should play a more intimidating style of hockey.

Lee - Just scares me every time he is on the ice!!!!

Here's my take on Joe, Lee, and Lammy!

Lammy - Battled through the first half of the season without a lot of help from the blue-liners or back-checking forwards. He has been very solid since the break and could potentially be one of those guys to steal a game down the stretch.

Finley - I have questioned his puck moving skills, but have been more critical about his lack of "toughness". With his size, he should play a more intimidating style of hockey.

Lee - Just scares me every time he is on the ice!!!!

I mostly agree, except Lee doesn't scare me that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm! Would you like another shot at that statement?

Guess who got out hussled and outworked on the last play of the game?

He needs to get with the program. I hope he doesn't kill us in the NCAA's!

I do pray that he is done next year.. Yeah hes made a few key 'saves' but im more mind comforted with him not around. Lee and finley combined in the lineup is one crappy mistake in the making.

Good job. There's our haters!

He did get out hussled to the puck, which is why Wheeler skated right in and.... Oh wait.

Finley got burned on that play.... oh wait.

WHeeler dove swiped the puck toward the net and it went in. FLUKE GOAL. It was a terrible angle with only a sliver of net for the puck to go in and it went in.

But blame Lee if you like.

And I love the "Yeah he made a few key saves here and there" because it just acknowledges that you really could care less about what good things he brings to the team all you care about is him messing up. ANd, no, he didn't mess up there, he was just unlucky and Wheeler actually showed some talent and luck.

But if it makes you happy, blame away.

Like PCM said in another thread, wait until he's gone and then see who steps in to fill his spot. His absence will be felt. You know....cause he logs the second most minutes on the ice among defensemen behind Chorney.

GO LEE GO!!! Some "dislike" you, but I'll NEVER blame the loss on ya. Teams lose games, not individuals.

Good job. There's our haters!

He did get out hussled to the puck, which is why Wheeler skated right in and.... Oh wait.

Finley got burned on that play.... oh wait.

WHeeler dove swiped the puck toward the net and it went in. FLUKE GOAL. It was a terrible angle with only a sliver of net for the puck to go in and it went in.

But blame Lee if you like.

And I love the "Yeah he made a few key saves here and there" because it just acknowledges that you really could care less about what good things he brings to the team all you care about is him messing up. ANd, no, he didn't mess up there, he was just unlucky and Wheeler actually showed some talent and luck.

But if it makes you happy, blame away.

Like PCM said in another thread, wait until he's gone and then see who steps in to fill his spot. His absence will be felt. You know....cause he logs the second most minutes on the ice among defensemen behind Chorney.

GO LEE GO!!! Some "dislike" you, but I'll NEVER blame the loss on ya. Teams lose games, not individuals.

Watch the goals that SCSU scored on the Sioux, both of them were the result of Lee's inability to tie up the person in front of the net. Perhaps you do not have a clue as to the role of a defenseman.

Watch the goals that SCSU scored on the Sioux, both of them were the result of Lee's inability to tie up the person in front of the net. Perhaps you do not have a clue as to the role of a defenseman.

I remember back when smaby was a sophomore and kind of struggled at the end of the year and everyone ate him alive when a puck was redirected into our own net by him. The next year he is our team captain. Big Dmen take awhile to develop but finley leads the team in plus/minus what more can he do than be a +20. I will predict that next year not only will he be a force and step up his game but also be a leader of this team

It did not show on TV - but Wheeler just came off the bench when the turn over happened. As a result, he was all of a sudden a factor that was headed full speed into their offensive zone. I thought he came out early (as it appeared to me that nobody was headed to the bench prior to that) - but I'm sure Shep did not want a repeat of the call that occured in Duluth a while back.

This was far from Brian's fault - it was simply a turnover at their blue line and "lucky" timing of a player off the bench which resulted in the flukey goal.

I don't worry too much about our team - they are talented, gutsy, play with heart and their season is far from over.

I blame the last goal on Chorney looking like he's gonna take the puck deep all by himself and then all of a sudden dumping it on the blue line waaaaay before I blame Lee. It's not exactly as though Wheeler got a good shot off.

I agree, the only thing that Hakstol will criticize on that play after the game will be Chorney's play at the blueline. He should have put the puck in deep at that point in the game.

I'm not going be too hard on Chorney, however. From what I saw, Minnesota did a great job pressuring UND's defence and particularly Chorney. They were relentless all the way up the ice. Very un-Gopher like. They also won with a fluke goal. That won't happen again. Lammy just has to make the stops that he is supposed to make and they should be fine.

if you think our D is so bad or jsut a few defenseman, what do other teams think of there D when the DOT line skates right passed them? everyones defense is gunna get skated by in the WCHA cuz the level of forawrds are way higher then the D. End Rant.

I agree, the only thing that Hakstol will criticize on that play after the game will be Chorney's play at the blueline. He should have put the puck in deep at that point in the game.

I'm not going be too hard on Chorney, however. From what I saw, Minnesota did a great job pressuring UND's defence and particularly Chorney. They were relentless all the way up the ice. Very un-Gopher like. They also won with a fluke goal. That won't happen again. Lammy just has to make the stops that he is supposed to make and they should be fine.

Too rational.

Best to blame it on Lee like everyone else does. It's much easier.

And Smaby sucked. Lee should be kicked off the team.

GO LEE GO!!! Right now, the only people that suck are the haters.

I think Lee will be just fine. I think Finley is just fine. And I think people who look too hard for individual players to blame for losses are the kinds of people that make fanbases look like herds of losers. We lost that game on a FLUKE goal. We didn't play our game and the Gophers played their game very well.

And if supporting Lee and stating that there is no such thing as an individual loss in a team game makes me unaware of what a defenseman's role is, then call me blissfully unaware. Lee didn't lose the game, the Sioux lost the game. Blaming Lee is merely a safety valve for the haters so they can feel better about their team getting outplayed by a rival or another team.

Keep on hatin'.