SiouxSports.com Forum

Campion's Wife

sioux7>5

Did anyone know that refree Jon Campion's wife passed away recently? I just read an article about it on INCH. What an amazing article and inspirational. I would ask all to read it. It is under the WCHA page.

TH made a comment earlier in the year that Jon was going through a lot in his personal life, and how it may be affecting his on ice performance. At that time, no one seemed to know what exactly was going on, so this is obviously what TH was referring to.

Excerpt:

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...7/wcha_0525.htm

Jon summed up the admiration many of us held for her:

You read about people "losing their battle with cancer". I believe Kelley won her battle. She fought this nasty disease with courage, conviction and dignity. She outlived all expectations. She allowed us to kiss her more, to hold her hand more, to hug her more, to laugh with her more, to love with her more. She was able to read more stories to her boys. She was able to snuggle and comfort Jack and Teddy more when they woke in the middle of the night crying for mommy. She won this battle. What a beautiful person.

Would just like to add my condolences to what is, I'm sure, a very long list of well wishers.

Excerpt:

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...7/wcha_0525.htm

Jon summed up the admiration many of us held for her:

You read about people "losing their battle with cancer". I believe Kelley won her battle. She fought this nasty disease with courage, conviction and dignity. She outlived all expectations. She allowed us to kiss her more, to hold her hand more, to hug her more, to laugh with her more, to love with her more. She was able to read more stories to her boys. She was able to snuggle and comfort Jack and Teddy more when they woke in the middle of the night crying for mommy. She won this battle. What a beautiful person.

Would just like to add my condolences to what is, I'm sure, a very long list of well wishers.

I thought this was so beautiful. He had such admiration for his wife.

I kinda figured out something was kindof off with Campion for a while. When I first saw Campion officiate a Sioux game, I noticed that he more often than not decided not to call a questionable play by either team therefore, all the penalties he did call were indeed penalties. Sure, those he decided not to call could have been argued for either way, but I thought he did really well. Then he got injured and his game went off a little. Then this year he was just plain awful.

Now I know why. And I understand.

My condolences to Jon and his family and friends.

I feel really sorry for Campion as I would for any person.

That doesn't mean he should be officiating when he's not able to get his head into the game.

So when he's ready to come back 100% I'll give him another chance, but he shouldn't have been officiating in several games this year.

Sad story.

I don't know if TH was out of line, it just seems we didn't know what the heck he was talking about.

I don't think he was out of line. He said that at this time Campion shouldn't be officiating games. When you consider the Mankato incident particularly he's right. Knowing this I think differently of Campions behavior but Greg Sheppard shouldn't have let him get into that situation.

I don't think he was out of line. He said that at this time Campion shouldn't be officiating games. When you consider the Mankato incident particularly he's right. Knowing this I think differently of Campions behavior but Greg Sheppard shouldn't have let him get into that situation.

I think your right.

You mean a competant administrator wouldn't have let him get into that situation. :)

I guess I agree with what he said, but to say it without providing any context. Leaving everyone listening wondering what he is talking about, I disagree with. Maybe Campion shouldn't have been refereeing, but that discussion should have been a private one. This certainly does call into play the competence of the WCHA, but I still think TH should have bit his lips on this one.