SiouxSports.com Forum

FEB. 28TH USCHO Bracketology

AZSIOUX

Rank speculation. To coin a trite expression of Hak's, the only thing that matters right now is Friday night.

And a safe bus trip for the team and safe travels for all of their faithful followers.

One game at a time while on a March and April tour of venues down the Mississippi River. Saint Cloud.

Saint Paul. Saint Louis.

In that same article, INCH picked Minnesota to take the F5 title. I don't know if I see that happening, but I could be wrong. It might be another meaningless game to them? It makes sense to play hard though, because if they don't they open the door for another team to at least gain a solid lock on their seeding with a F5 title.

Like Denver or UND perhaps. :(

Some more gee whiz reading.

College Hockey News Link

5-12. Clarkson, Maine, Boston University, Denver, North Dakota, Miami, Boston College, Michigan

This is part of that squishy middle ground. We lump them all in together because there's virtually no chance of any of them cracking the top four overall, and because they are all pretty much locks to make the tournament. It would take major meltdowns for the last three of these teams

In that same article, INCH picked Minnesota to take the F5 title. I don't know if I see that happening, but I could be wrong. It might be another meaningless game to them? It makes sense to play hard though, because if they don't they open the door for another team to at least gain a solid lock on their seeding with a F5 title.

Like Denver or UND perhaps. :)

I think the article was predicting regular season champs which also provide automatic bid. As long as the Sioux make the field, I don't care where they go or who they play. You gotta beat 'em all to be called Champs. Sure would be nice to move into third after this weekend. Crazy season. I think the Sioux could finish anywhere from third to sixth or seventh depending on this weekends games.

march 7th

they will try hard as they can to get a regional without a wcha team, they dont want a repeat of columbus now do they....dont worry east coasters, the wcha will have 2 or 3 in the f-4..watch cc get in too, then whacha gona do??

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,13957/Bracket...March72007.html

This Week's Bracket

Denver

St. Lawrence vs. St. Cloud

Denver vs. Clarkson

Grand Rapids

Sacred Heart vs. Minnesota

Michigan vs. Boston University

Manchester

Michigan State vs. New Hampshire

Maine vs. North Dakota

Rochester

Niagara vs. Notre Dame

Boston College vs. Miami

Conference Breakdown

WCHA

Does anyone know what would happen to Denver if they lose their series this weekend? Would it drop them enough where they would be eliminated?

They would probably stay in the 11-12 range, where they would still likely get in. Bucky has to win the Final Five to get in.

I still like that Manchester bracket... there's noone there who the Sioux can't put a whupping on. Maine is not even close to the team that swept in Grand Forks in October and MSU and NH haven't shown me anything special. It does su** that the Frozen Four can't be another all-WCHA lovefest through.

INCH 4X4 BRACKET

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0607/44_0526.htm

2. North Dakota, This week's opponent, Minnesota State, is one of four foes to extend Sioux to a deciding third game in a WCHA first-round playoff series since 2000.

they have us a autobid which means they are picking us to win the final 5 again, man they are smart :D

I noticed that USCHO has a tool called the "Pairwise Predictor" Any idea when that is available for use? I'm assuming it's kind of like the conference prediction tool that is offered here on this site. Just curious as I'm sure there are pleanty of people who'd love to get their hands on it and figure out how the Sioux can end up with a #1 seed.

I noticed that USCHO has a tool called the "Pairwise Predictor" Any idea when that is available for use? I'm assuming it's kind of like the conference prediction tool that is offered here on this site. Just curious as I'm sure there are pleanty of people who'd love to get their hands on it and figure out how the Sioux can end up with a #1 seed.

They had it last year. Last year, it came out after this weekend, so I'd imagine it would be up (hopefully) by next Monday or Tuesday. Basically, you pick the winner of each game in the remaining Conference Tournaments, and then it adjusts RPI, TUC, and COP to figure out who could go where.

UND can still end up with a #1 seed, but they'll basically need to hit the lottery to do so. Just some of the things that will probably need to happen...

-Sweep Mankato and still have them be a TUC

-Nebraska-Omaha and/or LSSU getting swept out of TUC status

-Notre Dame making the CCHA Semis, and then lose to TUC squads in the Semis and 3rd place game

-Bemidji State winning the CHA tournament

-New Hampshire either getting swept this weekend, or losing both in the Semis and 3rd place game

-We need to win the Final Five

-Dartmouth remaining in the top 15 of the RPI

-Quinnipiac remainnig a TUC

So basically, cheer for:

Miami

Michigan State

Notre Dame (this weekend, then against them next)

Bemidji State

Dartmouth

Quinnipiac

Denver (hopefully Wisconsin could fall out of TUC status)

Michigan Tech (to help assure that Dartmouth remains a top 15 RPI squad)

St. Cloud State (this weekend, would be nice if we could play and beat them)

Minnesota (would help our RPI out if we could play and beat them in the Final Five Championship)

It's almost impossible, but I suppose there is a slight, slight glimmer of hope.

*note, if ALL of this occurred, it's quite possible UND could wind up with the #1 or #2 overall seed.

An interesting point made by Moy this week in his Bracketology article. He was talking about how the CCHA teams need Lake Superior or Omaha to remain in the top 25 of TUC. Both of these two teams are 24 and 25 right now currently. He basically said that one of these two teams will remain in the top 25 of RPI even if they get swept this week and the other teams right below them win.

Here is what Moy said:

"Lake Superior at Miami