SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DU - Round 2

AZSIOUX

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of skippies, where's Hextall? :D :D

I would imagine Hextal and other Goofer fans are licking their wounds right now after having it handed to them two nights in a row.

I am hoping SCSU calms down a bit next weekend.

I would imagine Hextal and other Goofer fans are licking their wounds right now after having it handed to them two nights in a row.

I don't know.. Right now, I'd say SCSU is playing its best hockey. UND is slipping a little.

Regarding the NCAA lead in goals... Gosh, I wonder what the DOT line's point totals would be if UND was in the CHA or AHA? :D

Forgot something: franchise- Sorry to hear that. Those fans have it completely wrong. Woog may be a homer, but at least he knows hockey. Masucko is the one worthy of the disgust.

Whatever Hak told the boys last night after the game and today before the game stays with them and they bring home four points next week end.

Good night and once again, thanks for the company!

Perhaps the black jerseys will make the trip to St Cloud?

I hope that St Cloud does win the league title!!!!!! because the Gophers surely do not that is for sure........at least the Sioux have a heart to win as the Gopher right now are showing nothing at all but fading out of sight......

just got off work, and have to admit the Sioux at least has a fire to win!!!!unlike my golden chokers wow I will just sit and watch as the gophers just chose to lay down the rest of the season I guess.....

Your goofers need to grow a set or it will be one and done come tourney time.They need to go to Oz and get some heart.

Regarding the NCAA lead in goals... Gosh, I wonder what the DOT line's point totals would be if UND was in the CHA or AHA? :D

If UND was in the CHA or AHA, would anyone see them the DOT line play! :D

One of the best teams in AHA, Sacred Heart pulls in less than 447 a game? You've only have to go back a few pages on my Wayne State rant about the lack of fans. :D

2006-2007

Team Dates Avg. Att. Capacity % Cap.

1 Wisconsin 19 14,444 15,237 94.8 WCHA

2 North Dakota 19 11,319 11,500 98.4 WCHA

39 Army 14 1,852 2,648 70.0 AHA

40 Alabama-Huntsville 10 1,850 6,800 27.2 CHA

44 Bemidji State 12 1,629 2,358 69.1 CHA

45 RIT 15 1,573 2,100 74.9 AHA

49 Air Force 17 1,428 2,635 54.2 AHA

50 Niagara 14 1,255 1,600 78.5 CHA

51 Holy Cross 14 1,011 1,400 72.2 AHA

52 Connecticut 16 884 2,000 44.2 AHA

53 Mercyhurst 15 691 1,500 46.0 AHA

54 Robert Morris 11 689 1,100 62.6 CHA

55 Wayne State 15 505 5,600 9.0 CHA

56 Sacred Heart 14 447 1,000 44.7 AHA

57 Canisius 15 414 1,800 23.0 AHA

58 Bentley 15 413 1,200 34.4 AHA

59 American Int'l 14 208 1,200 17.3 AHA

Sorry the numbers won't aline, here's a link http://www.collegehockeynews.com/almanac/attendance.php

just got off work, and have to admit the Sioux at least has a fire to win!!!!unlike my golden chokers wow I will just sit and watch as the gophers just chose to lay down the rest of the season I guess.....

Not to worry Hext...no matter how badly they play at the end, the Goofs will get their usual #1 seed in the region to ensure the cupcake first round game....HOLY CROSS, I hope they don't look too far ahead...

DU Homers

Sioux top DU, earn split

By Mike Chambers

Denver Post Staff Writer

Article Last Updated: 02/25/2007 01:19:15 AM MST

In one of many controversial calls made by referee Todd Anderson on Saturday night, the University of Denver's Tom May was given a game misconduct after getting punched by a gloveless Kyle Radke of North Dakota.

May was tossed from Magness Arena for a checking-from-behind major, but replays proved it was more like checking from the side after a Fighting Sioux player turned his back while battling for the puck against the boards.

Radke, sticking up for a teammate and prepared to fight, was only given a two-minute minor for roughing. May said he kept his gloves on and backed down because he thought Radke was going to be called for a fighting major, sending DU on the power play.

Anderson didn't see it that way, and the Fighting Sioux scored about a minute later on a 4-on-3 to take a three-goal lead in front of a sellout crowd of 6,108. And that's how it ended - 3-0 to give North Dakota a split of the series.

Why is it when UND writers and fans complain about the reffing its HALOISM but it's ok for opposing teams and their writers to complain about the refs its ok.

Basically from what I have read the DU fans and their writers have complained about Anderson losing the game for the PIO's I suppose Anderson will get himself suspended this weekend. It's also laughable that DU fans would complain about PUNKO not getting a favorable call when he almost killed Robbie. For once I will take the Officals calling a game in our favor and not getting screwed by them.

Was Pappa Shepherd in attendance on Saturday?

I heard McLeod wasn't. He said he'd be in Minneapolis on Saturday during TH's Friday interview with him.

Anderson is a bad ref. Don't need to make an argument there. There's none to be had.

But if Radke was trying to pick a fight, I have mixed emotions. First, I LOVE the fact that Radke and Kaip have been sticking up for teammates all season long. I'll never criticise him for that. HOWEVER, the last thing the Sioux need is to lose a player to suspension right now. We lost Watkins on Friday (unless he was back on Saturday and even if he was, I don't think he could be at 100%). Hunter Bishop left the Sioux. That leaves Foyt and Forney as 100% of our depth. Foyt, thankfully, can play both forward and defense and so can Genoway. But Forney is a forward and that's it that may still be having injury woes.

Radke needs to get under control. Kaip did. And now people know why I respect Rylan so much.