SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DU - Round 2

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_6956.JPG

OK, lets get back on track.........2 points tonight puts us 1 point behind DU for the all important 3rd place heading into final weekend of wcha play.a goal from lines 2-4 will do it as DU cant stop the DOT line

LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller, Fabian, Kaip, Porter, Kozek, Watkins (if playing) - It is time to step up. The DOT line cannot be expected to carry this team. They had 9 points last night and the Sioux lose. Someone else has to contribute or it will be a short post season.

Miller, Fabian, Kaip, Porter, Kozek, Watkins (if playing) - It is time to step up. The DOT line cannot be expected to carry this team. They had 9 points last night and the Sioux lose. Someone else has to contribute or it will be a short post season.

Hak said that Watkins will not be available last night

did they even travel?

I'm sure they brought one extra forward, however, they've had to fly in players before in the past.

In regards to AZSioux on the DOT line, yes, we need more production from other lines, but DOT line has to play both sides of the ice as well. They scored three, but allowed two.

I'm sure they brought one extra forward, however, they've had to fly in players before in the past.

In regards to AZSioux on the DOT line, yes, we need more production from other lines, but DOT line has to play both sides of the ice as well. They scored three, but allowed two.

i agree, but EVERY scoring chance we had was by them, they even had 3 or 4 more chances they didnt cash in on....kozek had the 1 shot that almost slid in through the goalie, besides that the other 9 forwards were not creating a damn thing....and i believe they were on the ice for many many minutes last night as hak had no other choice

time for PORTER and COMPANY to step up and play like they can...............or maybe it is what it is but lets hope not....

i agree, but EVERY scoring chance we had was by them, they even had 3 or 4 more chances they didnt cash in on....kozek had the 1 shot that almost slid in through the goalie, besides that the other 9 forwards were not creating a damn thing....and i believe they were on the ice for many many minutes last night as hak had no other choice

time for PORTER and COMPANY to step up and play like they can...............or maybe it is what it is but lets hope not....

Totally agree. DOT line could have probably scored one or two more, especially if Anderson wouldn't let players drape on them. It's frustrating to watch this team at times, such as last night, when you get the feeling that the only way we're going to score is if DOT is on the ice. I felt very uncomfortable last night when 2nd or 3rd lines were out there. This team can't rely solely on one line. That was our biggest problem in 2004 as well. The guys need to feed of the top lines energy, not simply wait for them to win the game for us. Everyone has to play defense.

Most frustrating thing last night was watching our guys fall down midway or deep into our offensive zone, which resulted in an odd man break for Denver. Phil gave the boys the chance to win. With all respect to the DOT boys, IMO, Phil was player of the game last night. Dingle's backhand shot was unbelievable. On another goal (can't remember which one), he made the first stop, and Lee needed to take out the rebounding forward, which didn't happen. Yes it was a pretty big rebound, but in those situation, goalies job is to make the first save and let defensemen handle it from there. Phil did what he was supposed to, in that he gave the other guys a chance to win. The other guys just failed to cash in.

wow, looking at these standings there are many possibilities where we can end up...win tonight and we move upward in the right direction

Minnesota 17-5-3 37

St Cloud St 13-6-6 32

Denver 13-9-3 29

North Dakota 11-10-4 26

Colorado College 12-11-2 26

Wisconsin 11-12-2 24

Michigan Tech 9-11-5 23

MSU-Mankato 9-13-5 23

Minnesota-Duluth 7-15-3 17

Alaska Anchorage 8-18-1 17

tn_IMG_6956.JPG

OK, lets get back on track.........2 points tonight puts us 1 point behind DU for the all important 3rd place heading into final weekend of wcha play.a goal from lines 2-4 will do it as DU cant stop the DOT line

LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There goes AZ stealing Woogers line again lmao .........

Sends some good beer over to proudsioux place :lol: will be enjoying a few cold ones myself

Porter gets the game winner tonite

2 points tonite is a must ........ GO SIOUX!

There goes AZ stealing Woogers line again lmao .........

Sends some good beer over to proudsioux place :lol: will be enjoying a few cold ones myself

Porter gets the game winner tonite

2 points tonite is a must ........ GO SIOUX!

good beer? hah u must be kidding me. Will be some nice posts on here tonite if theses keystones keep goin down the way they are now.

I went to the game last night and here were my impressions:

1)Continued "puck luck" on DU's side against us (we hit a post w/ 3 mins

to play, Watkins had a shot trickle through Fisher's legs, etc.)

2)Lammy made some incredible saves to keep us in it; only mistake

was going down to early on DU's first goal

3)They badly outshot us, something like 38-25

4)Need production from 2, 3, and 4th lines

5)Defensemen inexplicably kept falling down, leading to DU's 2nd goal on an

odd man rush

6)Lack of hustle on D-men's parts led to 3 of DU's goals

Not trying to be negative just pointing out that DU didn't beat the Sioux last night, the Sioux

beat the Sioux.

I went to the game last night and here were my impressions:

1)Continued "puck luck" on DU's side against us (we hit a post w/ 3 mins

to play, Watkins had a shot trickle through Fisher's legs, etc.)

2)Lammy made some incredible saves to keep us in it; only mistake

was going down to early on DU's first goal

3)They badly outshot us, something like 38-25

4)Need production from 2, 3, and 4th lines

5)Defensemen inexplicably kept falling down, leading to DU's 2nd goal on an

odd man rush

6)Lack of hustle on D-men's parts led to 3 of DU's goals

Not trying to be negative just pointing out that DU didn't beat the Sioux last night, the Sioux

beat the Sioux.

I was there as well and agree with all your comments. Too additional comments. First, Sioux have to win more faceoffs. We got killed in this area and it lead to the overtime winner. Second, dump the puck deep in the zone. I can remember a few times when the Sioux had a lazy dump in that resulted in odd man rushes the other way. Toews is amazing. The kid is ready for the NHL and this will sadly be his last season in a Sioux uniform. The whole DOT line was a blast to watch. Lammy was solid. Kozek was the best forward outside the DOT line.

Let's get a W tonight.