SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DU - Round 1

AZSIOUX

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I saw the Sioux on the ice with the Gophs, we kicked butt all over the ice for 120 minutes. I would love to p[lay the maroon and gold in the playoffs as we would be able to end their season once again.

that would be great to watch, who knows it might happen.......

I'm beginning to hate losing to the Pioneers just as much as to the Gophers. Mainly cause of what happened in 2004....

I hate losing to the Pioneers because right now SCSU is playing great hockey and despite our streak (which ended tonight), we still might not make the NCAAs.

Hak:

We didn't play sound hockey tonite.

Need everybody chipping in to be successful. Just one line tonite.

Disappointed with individual performances of a number of guys. Can't have that. Gave up the puck, gotta get over the blue line deep and go to work. Didn't do a good enough job of that.

Miller had a good second and third period. Hurt to lose Watkins but whoever steps up for him has got to play.

Gave Denver some easy opportunities to score. Have to be better.

Jonesy got beat wide on tying goal.

Guys not boxing out. Too many mental mistakes.

One point tonite would have been very big with tie breakers with CC and WI.

Very bad on face-offs tonite.

Not going to press the panic button. 1st loss in 10-11 games.

Watkins won't be available tomorrow.

Actually I am ALWAYS hard on Lee but other than the 1 goal, I though he played a pretty good game. He broke up some plays that advanced the puck to create immediate opportunities. He was not the reason they lost. As some have said, it seemed they were satisified with a tie.

Not sure which goal you refer to, but it wasn't the OT winner.

Regardless, though, faceoffs lost us the game. Yet Lee gets blamed. It seems like a lot this year, Lee gets blamed for a lot of team mistakes. UND loses faceoff, Lee was closest to guy who scored the winning or tying goal, game ends in tie or loss, people blame Lee. Amazing to me.

I think Lee doesn't enter the equation on this loss at all. I think faceoffs do. I think our intensity factors into it in OT. I think our tendency to try to pretty things up in the offensive zone contributed to it. I think our tendency to take stupid penalties tired us out sooner. I think the fact that at many times DU got to play their game style and we couldn't shake it was a contributor. None of this is Lee, unless he was one of those tired from all the PK work.

Really?

TH said the shot bounced off of two DU players and into the net?

I don't know what you expected Lee to do, the shot was off the faceoff. But hey, it makes some feel better to blame Lee, so blame away.

But hey, hows Corbin's goal from Viedeman as an answer to "What happens when you just throw the puck at the net?"

Again, we got highlight reelers and DU got ugly goals (except for Dingle's). We really need to break things down and just start throwing the puck at the net.

Redwing_77, you need to relax. Lee had a horrible game period. Lee's guy score the goal you can watch the replay.

All the losses stink, but especially a game where a win would have brought us up to third in the WCHA. :lol:

If we lose again tomorrow, we can kiss not only 3rd place goodbye, but maybe home ice as well. St. Cloud is going to be tough to beat next week on their home ice and the Badgers are still lurking within striking distance. If we can split this weekend and next, we'll be in good shape. Otherwise, all season ticket holders will get a refund on their first-round tickets.

If we lose again tomorrow, we can kiss not only 3rd place goodbye, but maybe home ice as well. St. Cloud is going to be tough to beat next week on their home ice and the Badgers are still lurking within striking distance. If we can split this weekend and next, we'll be in good shape. Otherwise, all season ticket holders will get a refund on their first-round tickets.

If we lose tomorrow night we can kiss the NCAA tourney goodbye. I think it's time to get going.

I know its our first loss in 11 games but there is no excuse for not getting a point tonight.