SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bulldogs

AZSIOUX

redwing77,

If you would have actually read all of my post, I said I was wrong about Parise and I could be wrong about Grieco. I hope I am wrong about Grieco. It does this program no good to have a sieve on the roster. Grieco could turn into an all-WCHA goaltender, given time. But the point I was making earlier (and will make again and again and again), is that Grieco is nothing special right now and until he shows us something, I don't trust him in goal.

Your basing Grieco season as a failure based on 6 games. I am so glad we have this many goaltending experts on this board. While some don't trust Grieco, I have no confidence in Phil, that kid is the most over rated goalie, way too emotional between the pipes.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your basing Grieco season as a failure based on 6 games. I am so glad we have this many goaltending experts on this board. While some don't trust Grieco, I have no confidence in Phil, that kid is the most over rated goalie, way too emotional between the pipes.

But Phil sure has gotten the job done hasn't he? You can't say much about Grieco he hasn't played many games.

UND needs 4 points this weekend because if a few scenarios happen this same weekend:

1.) Denver does not play this weekend at all.

2.) Minnesota sweeps at Colorado College

3.) Wisconsin sweeps vs. St. Cloud State

The updated top five standings would like this:

1. Minnesota 37 pts.

2. St. Cloud State 29 pts.

3. Denver 27 pts.

North Dakota 27 pts.

5. Colorado College 26 pts.

That means, the next weekend we will head to Denver only two points behind them for third place and then to St. Cloud State with a realistic shot at finishing second behind Minnesota. If we can sweep Duluth, and get some help I see us moving from fifth up to as high as second possibly. It's an iffy, but possible.

Don't know about the rest of you, but Wisconsin sitting only 2 points behind the Sioux leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling. I hope St. Cloud can beat Wisconsin and give the Sioux a little breathing room for home ice. We finish with Denver and St. Cloud on the road where splits would be o.k., while Wisconsin finishes with Tech and Duluth. One thing to remember is that if the Sioux tie Wisconsin, the Badgers get home ice because of their series record against the Sioux.

Question for this astute panel of experts. If UND and Denver tie for third and assuming they split their upcoming series, what would the tiebreaker be?

Number of wins? Number of goals scored? They will break the ties based on stats. Thats what they did when we tied Minnesota.

Don't know about the rest of you, but Wisconsin sitting only 2 points behind the Sioux leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling. I hope St. Cloud can beat Wisconsin and give the Sioux a little breathing room for home ice.

I personally don't think Wisconsin is going to win against the Huskies. That would be nice if the Huskies swept this weekend.

I do think the Huskies will sweep Wisconsin, it's in St. Cloud. And, Minnesota should sweep Colorado College. That'll keep the Badgers at the 21-pt. slot in sixth place, UND will move into a tie with Denver at 27 points and Colorado College in fifth with 26 points. UND will then have a shot at either getting 2nd or 3rd, depending on how they do against St. Cloud on the final weekend of the regular season. Who would have thought huh?

Back in December, UND sat at eighth place in the WCHA and now have a realistic shot at top three just as they were predicted at the start of the season.

I do think the Huskies will sweep Wisconsin, it's in St. Cloud. And, Minnesota should sweep Colorado College. That'll keep the Badgers at the 21-pt. slot in sixth place, UND will move into a tie with Denver at 27 points and Colorado College in fifth with 26 points. UND will then have a shot at either getting 2nd or 3rd, depending on how they do against St. Cloud on the final weekend of the regular season. Who would have thought huh?

Back in December, UND sat at eighth place in the WCHA and now have a realistic shot at top three just as they were predicted at the start of the season.

Don't know if it's right or not, but my media guide says St. Cloud plays at Wisconsin.

foyt earning some more ice time!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Forward Ryan Martens practiced for the second straight day with the no-hit jersey. He is doubtful for the weekend, though.

Goalie Anthony Grieco also practiced and is questionable.

Scott Foyt, who played defenseman last weekend, will likely play wing on the fourth line Friday night.

If Foyt is getting some time, who is sitting? Will it be VandeVelde or Radke? Radke took a lot of penalties last week but I would hate to see him benched.

I really like this idea, Foyt plays and Radke sits till he learns not to take 8 minutes in Penalty minutes.

If Foyt is getting some time, who is sitting? Will it be VandeVelde or Radke? Radke took a lot of penalties last week but I would hate to see him benched.

I think Radke sits.....looks like Forney has seen the last ice time of the year, barring injuries. Too bad, hopefully this season drives him to come back and be a regular next year.

This chat is making me nervous I am going to drink alot during the games... I played against niskanen (UMD) throughout my years in hockey and he was a solid player, now he is there second leader in points. I get scarred, us fans are getting cocky about beating umd.. scary situation. So many tough games coming up its hard to even think about it because you start showing fear. I hope we whoop @$$ though

The Sioux did a pretty good job last weekend of staying out of the penalty box. That said there were about 3 unnecessary and stupid penalties our boys took on Saturday, Radke's elbow being one of them. That cost a goal.

Anyway, with our putrid PK and Duluth's PP, if the Sioux don't stay out of the box it could be a bad weekend.

We cannot afford a bad weekend. We need all 4 points. Boys better come to play, and the whole game.

This chat is making me nervous I am going to drink alot during the games... I played against niskanen (UMD) throughout my years in hockey and he was a solid player, now he is there second leader in points. I get scarred, us fans are getting cocky about beating umd.. scary situation. So many tough games coming up its hard to even think about it because you start showing fear. I hope we whoop @$$ though

I see what your saying and we the fans don't play the games but there is a reason the Bull Dogs are last in the conference. Granted we are only in 5th and there isn't much difference between 1st and 5th or 6th and 10th the results in the John a few weeks tell me that. That being said I think Hak is handling it right, or should we say that he is saying all the right things.

I don't want to get this thread too off topic, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter anyways....

Do Sioux fans think there would be any way that Dean Blais would take a coaching position at tUMD? I know about the Fargo deal, and that MSUM will be looking this summer, but if those fall through would he look at Duluth? Keep in mind that he would 1) be taking over for his good friend he endorsed for the position and 2) tUMD can't afford to pay him top dollar

My feeling is that it would never work out, but alot of our older fans hold on to the pipe dream. What are your thoughts?

If I should post this in the Blais thread that's cool....

I don't want to get this thread too off topic, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter anyways....

Do Sioux fans think there would be any way that Dean Blais would take a coaching position at tUMD? I know about the Fargo deal, and that MSUM will be looking this summer, but if those fall through would he look at Duluth? Keep in mind that he would 1) be taking over for his good friend he endorsed for the position and 2) tUMD can't afford to pay him top dollar

My feeling is that it would never work out, but alot of our older fans hold on to the pipe dream. What are your thoughts?

I can't see Blais taking Scott's position; doesn't seem quite right.

I wonder if money is or would be a factor? Who ever gets him will be damn lucky, IMHO.

I think the 'Dogs are gonna be a hard play this week end and we better be prepared to play our best against them. No game is a cakewalk in the WCHA.

I wonder if money is or would be a factor? Who ever gets him will be damn lucky, IMHO.

I think the 'Dogs are gonna be a hard play this week end and we better be prepared to play our best against them. No game is a cakewalk in the WCHA.

Jan 5 Michigan Tech* Duluth, MN W, 2-1

Jan 6 Michigan Tech* Duluth, MN W, 5-3

Jan 12 Colorado College* Duluth, MN W, 4-3

Jan 13 Colorado College* Duluth, MN L, 2-4

Jan 19 St. Cloud State* St. Cloud, MN L, 0-5

Jan 20 St. Cloud State* St. Cloud, MN L, 5-6

Jan 24 Northern Michigan Duluth, MN W, 4-2

Feb 2 Denver* Denver, CO L, 2-5

Feb 3 Denver* Denver, CO W, 6-4

UMD has been playing pretty well lately, most recently a split in Denver. There's not a team in the league you can look past and i don't think UND will either.

As far as Blais goes, rumor has it that UMD will not buy Sandelin out of his contract even though he's not very popular right now. The athletic department just can't take the monetary hit.

Jan 5 Michigan Tech* Duluth, MN W, 2-1

Jan 6 Michigan Tech* Duluth, MN W, 5-3

Jan 12 Colorado College* Duluth, MN W, 4-3

Jan 13 Colorado College* Duluth, MN L, 2-4

Jan 19 St. Cloud State* St. Cloud, MN L, 0-5

Jan 20 St. Cloud State* St. Cloud, MN L, 5-6

Jan 24 Northern Michigan Duluth, MN W, 4-2

Feb 2 Denver* Denver, CO L, 2-5

Feb 3 Denver* Denver, CO W, 6-4

UMD has been playing pretty well lately, most recently a split in Denver. There's not a team in the league you can look past and i don't think UND will either.

As far as Blais goes, rumor has it that UMD will not buy Sandelin out of his contract even though he's not very popular right now. The athletic department just can't take the monetary hit.

I think the real judge of Sandelin will be when his big Sophamore Class are Seniors.