SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Minnesota State Friday Game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

I would be interested if anyone heard what was said between coaches near the end of the fight. Hak looked peeved, and I saw Jutting leaning over the partition to yell at the Sioux bench. Anyone else see that or hear anything?

I'm pretty sure Jutting was asking Dane Jackson where he gets his hair cut. I couldn't hear what Dane said back though.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just got home and the sound was hard to heat. Did the Sioux lose any players for tomorrow night? If so I think that sucks. They(meaning the talentless MSU Mavericks) started every fight.

Yes, Fabian and Lee. Both deserved them. Lee tried his hardest to not fight but he got drug to center ice, far far away from the AR's and he had no chance of holding off the landcow player. I thought Fabina was really into his fight. Never really saw him try to hold off his player but others say he did. Maybe I wasn't totally focused on that battle. Anyways if I were Walski, I would have put Clark on the ice so fast, he looked like a fool out there.

God I love landcow series! :lol:

Poor guy!! I'm stuck in AZ this winter so my son and his friends have been enjoying my tickets. I do know someone who would like your seats. Let me call them and PM you right back.

Shoot, I forget the time difference!! No one answers the phone. Put them in the ticket thread. I'm sure they'll go fast.

Yes, Fabian and Lee. Both deserved them. Lee tried his hardest to not fight but he got drug to center ice, far far away from the AR's and he had no chance of holding off the landcow player. I thought Fabina was really into his fight. Never really saw him try to hold off his player but others say he did. Maybe I wasn't totally focused on that battle. Anyways if I were Walski, I would have put Clark on the ice so fast, he looked like a fool out there.

God I love landcow series! :lol:

They are becoming our natural rival and its getting to be a lot of fun. I was sitting in the stand and said this game is way to clean and then all hell broke lose.

We were thinking Hak took Phil out to make sure that he wasn't run into because of the score.

Did anyone notice Hak and Juttings jawing back and forth? Fun night.

With Martens apparently hurt, I think Forney and Foyt are the only remaining skaters available to join the lineup. I would guess that Foyt will skate on defense, leaving Radke at the forward spot where he has been so effective at stirring things up. Forney will hopefully get plugged into a spot on the third or fourth line and get a chance to get up and down the ice.

Yesterday, The Reserve Golf and Vineyards, home of the Jeld-Wen tradition. the fifth major on the champions tour.

Last week, Pumpkin ridge- sight of Tiger Woods 3rd and final US amatuer Championship, and the U.S. OPEN. :lol:

That definately isn't ray dicks :D

I'm pretty sure Jutting was asking Dane Jackson where he gets his hair cut. I couldn't hear what Dane said back though.

:lol:

Jackson: "Your goalie is NCAA - no class at all."

Jutting: "We keep giving him a goalie glove but he keeps going out there with a boxing glove."

Jackson: "Well, THAT explains the save percentage. You sure are a good coach."

Jutting: "Oh yeah? Well, I'll see you down in the tunnel after the game."

Jackson: "Your last chance, what with Blais coaching your team next year."

Spent some time at the game talking with Dagies and SoDak Sioux Fan. They went to the Sioux Boosters luncheon today and had a great story. Bruce Mcleod was there. Some lady was the MC and she pulled a Gopher jersey out of a bag and held it up. Then she turned in around and the name on the back was "CAMPION." She then offered Hakstol and Jutting a chance to sign the card to go with the jersey to send to Campion. That must have been classic. Would have been great to be there.

And by the way, it was a great game tonight. GO SIOUX!! Do it again Saturday night.

Scrolled back through the thread and saw not a whole lot in terms of "the fight." I know Lee and Fabian were DQ'd for tommorrow, but who are the Mavs that will miss the game?

What was Walski's or Lammy's or Clark's roles in this whole thing? Did the goaltenders get into it?

What went down?

Scrolled back through the thread and saw not a whole lot in terms of "the fight." I know Lee and Fabian were DQ'd for tommorrow, but who are the Mavs that will miss the game?

What was Walski's or Lammy's or Clark's roles in this whole thing? Did the goaltenders get into it?

What went down?

Walski was in at the time... Clark wanted to fight, was trying to provoke him... but Walski ignored him.

It was quite the interesting fight. I think it started with Fabian going at it with his guy... then I saw Kaip pair up with someone. Lee paired up with someone and skated way off to the side. Kozek was too busy banging his stick on the ice (clapping) to jaw with anyone. Basically everyone paired up and went at it. The refs would try and stop two pairs and another two would start up...

Did anyone see the earlier kinda-fight? It was at the other end than I was on so it was kinda hard to see. It looked like to Mav players went after Genoway and then I saw Miller come flying in trying to pull them off Genoway. To me it didn't look like Miller was fighting, but both Genoway and Miller ended up in the box.

They are becoming our natural rival and its getting to be a lot of fun. I was sitting in the stand and said this game is way to clean and then all hell broke lose.

We were thinking Hak took Phil out to make sure that he wasn't run into because of the score.

Did anyone notice Hak and Juttings jawing back and forth? Fun night.

That was a crazy game. Every game this year when stuff has been building throughout the game and then it finally errupts, some players get into it but others just hang back. Tonight there was very little buildup until the incident behind the Mav's goalie. Within second everyone had paired up. While nothing came from it, it seemed very odd that they all got involved. Same thing with the brawl. No signs that there is bad blood and then all of a sudden, POW!

I agree that Phil got taken out either to avoid injury or possibly so he would not get involved in a fight. If Phil was out there, he might have taken up Clark's challenge or even possibly made some interesting stick motions. :lol:

What went down?

Lammy was on the bench, Walski was staying the h e double hockey sticks away from any fights and totally wasn't paying attention to Clark. I was watching Rylan asking Hak if he could go, Zach almost going postal again, and Brian not wanting to fight a Mav until the Mav hit him. Um, I don't remember who the Mavs are that will miss tomorrow.

Walski was in at the time... Clark wanted to fight, was trying to provoke him... but Walski ignored him.

It was quite the interesting fight. I think it started with Fabian going at it with his guy... then I saw Kaip pair up with someone. Lee paired up with someone and skated way off to the side. Kozek was too busy banging his stick on the ice (clapping) to jaw with anyone. Basically everyone paired up and went at it. The refs would try and stop two pairs and another two would start up...

It started with a fairly innocent play in front of Walski, but a couple cross-checks later everyone paired off. I am still amazed that Jones managed to not get DQ'ed.

Spent some time at the game talking with Dagies and SoDak Sioux Fan. They went to the Sioux Boosters luncheon today and had a great story. Bruce Mcleod was there. Some lady was the MC and she pulled a Gopher jersey out of a bag and held it up. Then she turned in around and the name on the back was "CAMPION." She then offered Hakstol and Jutting a chance to sign the card to go with the jersey to send to Campion. That must have been classic. Would have been great to be there.

And by the way, it was a great game tonight. GO SIOUX!! Do it again Saturday night.

I bet that lady would be LadyDy (SS.com member), president of the Sioux Boosters. She's a hoot!!

Lammy was on the bench, Walski was staying the h e double hockey sticks away from any fights and totally wasn't paying attention to Clark. I was watching Rylan asking Hak if he could go, Zach almost going postal again, and Brian not wanting to fight a Mav until the Mav hit him. Um, I don't remember who the Mavs are that will miss tomorrow.

Kaip asking if he could fight was HILARIOUS! You could see him dragging his player to the bench, looking at the bench and talking. The bench just about erupted when the brawl started... I could see Phil fighting with Clark....

According to Brad's blog: UND's Erik Fabian and Brian Lee will be out Saturday because of game disqualifications for fighting. Mankato loses Matt Tyree, Lucas Fransen and Trevor Bruess.

Sounds to me like the refs let it get out of control again.

When a team is lead by a coach that likes to let his players dip "below the belt" a ref HAS to be on top of things. Likewise, the opposing coach has to have a lot of control over his players not to get sucked into the whole fiasco. Hakstol is capable of doing that. We saw it when Bina was cheapshot. I don't think Greene was going to just sit there and let Paukovich play the rest of the game but Hakstol said "Not a chance" and nothing transpired. I wish I could have seen what transpired. Some are saying Lee tried to avoid a fight. Kaip held back apparently.

I don't like this much. Tommorrow, something bad could happen. Something VERY bad.

It started with a fairly innocent play in front of Walski, but a couple cross-checks later everyone paired off. I am still amazed that Jones managed to not get DQ'ed.

Could the ref have simply sent one more Mav player packing simply because he felt the Mavs started the whole mess?

Sounds to me like the refs let it get out of control again.

When a team is lead by a coach that likes to let his players dip "below the belt" a ref HAS to be on top of things. Likewise, the opposing coach has to have a lot of control over his players not to get sucked into the whole fiasco. Hakstol is capable of doing that. We saw it when Bina was cheapshot. I don't think Greene was going to just sit there and let Paukovich play the rest of the game but Hakstol said "Not a chance" and nothing transpired. I wish I could have seen what transpired. Some are saying Lee tried to avoid a fight. Kaip held back apparently.

I don't like this much. Tommorrow, something bad could happen. Something VERY bad.

calm down, it'll be ok

Some interesting things happening in the Pairwise. (I know, I know. Nothing matters 'til March!)

But the Sioux make a big jump tonight with the win...to a tie for 6th (but more importantly, EIGHTH, so a No 2 regional seed rather than a 3.

If the skating, passing and scoring they showed tonight is the real deal