SiouxSports.com Forum

Ryan Duncan

jk

I don't like this line:

"T.J. Oshie's struggles to duplicate his success from a year ago (which appear to be over)"

Oshie's success from last year is far from over mate!

I think you are misreading that. It is saying his struggles are over, not his success from last year.

brad's article regarding duncan for hobey!!

he will be in the mix in my opinion!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

The 10 finalists are (mostly) determined by ballots sent out to all Division I head coaches. The 58 coaches select the top three players in their conference and in the country. From those ballots, along with consideration from the fan balloting, the finalists are picked.

TJ was the most snake bit player on the Sioux team at the start of the season. Last year the pucks that were ringing off the pipe were ricocheting into the net, this year they were deflecting into the seats. That being said, he was still playing good physical hockey and doing the things that he's always done. He was getting chances. As long as you are doing the same things and geting chances, the puck luck will return. I think that we are seeing the beginning of this. I have a feeling that goals are going to come in waves for JTand TJ, while RD will continue to pump them home.

Other than point production, I have not seen a drop-oof in TJ's game. He play's every shift of every game. With all due respect to Duncan, who is having spectacular year, he is a better player because of his linemates.

Well, he leads the universe in missed wide open gapping nets... ;)

But I agree, the effort is there. There have been some costly turnovers, but his game reminds my a little of Zajac's last year where his presence is felt far more that stats suggest.

He might even score 20 goals this season....

Oh, wait. ;)

Duncan is awesome, and he is just what this team needs, someone to flat out bury the puck. He is a great compliment to TJ, and JT. He gets some space when those two are being double teamed, and takes advantage of the sweet setup's he gets by putting the biscuit in the basket, what more could you ask of him.

Oshie had a new bionic thumb installed after it was severed in a ice auger incident :lol:

Great! :silly:

Now the cat's out of the bag. :D

The NCAA will be all over this once Lucia tells them about it. UND will probably have to forfiet both wins over Minnesota. :D