SiouxSports.com Forum

New website

jimdahl

Sioux Xtra Coming Soon!

North Dakota is excited to offer Sioux Xtra, a premium subscription that offers LIVE & on-demand streaming video & audio straight to your computer.

Exclusive Sioux Xtra content includes:

Live Video Webcasts for Men's and Women's Hockey and Basketball

Previous Episodes of Sioux Sports Weekly Weekly

Exclusive Interviews With Coaches and Players

Exclusive Features for Each Sport

Archived Game Audio Highlights

Games From Throughout the Years

I figured that with a new website that we would see more multimedia incorporated. One has to wonder how much the FSSN will figure into this and if we will begin to see more offerings on FSSN as well.

I'm guessing around 100 Bills for a season....7-8 per month

I belong to CSTV for UNI...

ISU Cyclone Vision....

All I'm guessing will be about the same, will get video from scoreboard feed only, and hopefully radio from a new internet feed, UND is now in the big time, I welcome the upgrade I just hope they can provide what they are selling this time.

No more freebies...everything will be pay to hear or view.

I wonder if they'll have the webcasting service up before the end of the basketball season. I'd assume it will be home games only that are webcast, and there are only 3 regular season home games left. Probably get a few more NCC tourney games for the women. Too bad this service couldn't have been up earlier in the school year. ;) Looking forward to it though.

NDSU uses the same company for it's online content so I am sure the prices are close to the same...$70 dollars for a year, $40 dollars for six months and $8 dollars for one month.

But they don't have hockey, so I'm sure ours will be higher.

Is the internet radio not free for NDSU? If I'm going to be paying for a radio or video feed, it better damn well work. Last year is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth. ;)

But they don't have hockey, so I'm sure ours will be higher.

Is the internet radio not free for NDSU? If I'm going to be paying for a radio or video feed, it better damn well work. Last year is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth. ;)

Pricing will probably be set by XOS/CSD. They may have a standard pricing scheme regardless of the number of sports, or hockey could be a factor in the price.

As for internet radio, there are three elements to NDSU's internet media. First is GoBison. This service is from NDSU through XOS/CSD. It consists of video and live audio without commentary or play-by-play for all home games in almost all sports. Second is BisonZone. This is audio from WDAY through ForumComm. It consists of commentary and play-by-play for almost all football and M&W basketball games. The third is ThunderRadio. This is a web broadcast of NDSU's student-run radio station. They do commentary and play-by-play for most home and some away games for football and M&W basketball.

ThunderRadio is free, but the other two are not. Some GoBison football broadcasts this year included the ThunderRadio audio, but this has not been the case for the basketball games.

Looks like the audio will still be free and some extra features for live stats will also be free:

http://fightingsioux.xosn.com/ViewArticle....p;ATCLID=777152

Exclusive Sioux Xtra content includes:

Live video webcasts for men's and women's hockey and basketball

Previous episodes of Sioux Sports Weekly Weekly

Exclusive interviews with coaches and players

Exclusive features for each sport

Archived game audio highlights

Live and on-demand video webcasts of press conferences

Games from throughout the years

FightingSioux.com will also feature:

Free daily features on student-athletes, coaches and alumni

Free audio webcast of all men's hockey, football, and men's and women's basketball, as well as all home women's hockey games

Free live stats for all home games

Fans can also sign up for a free newsletter sent to your inbox every week

• 2 weeks later...
Fans can also sign up for a free newsletter sent to your inbox every week

I received my first newsletter from the Sioux tromp of the Mankato Mavericks last night in hockey, and was very pleased! I have wanted to be able to receive Sioux hockey game summaries like this via email for a very long time! Excellent!

There was a link in the email newsletter to "Article audio/Video" which did not work though. The link was this:

disabledscript:openOnDemandViewer('56800',%20'61597')

Since it reads "disabledscript", is that something which is not quite ready for primetime yet? Perhaps it will be part of the premium services?

I even went to the free video section of the website to see if I needed to download some viewer or something, and the free videos worked fine.

Any ideas?