SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-uw Game 2

Siouxrock

PARISE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL 1.4 Seconds left in the period... 5hole on Kabatoff...

Good period for the Sioux. Ranny has been solid, Quinn Fylling taking over as the UND penalty box man... 2 cross checking calls in a period.

NOTERMANN--- Top shelf from the dot. Power play goal!!!

Andy Schneider- 2nd of the Night!! Power Play is working like a finly tuned machine!!!

(Badgers have not had a shot on goal in the second period 7 minutes left! 19-6 total)

Rory McMahon took at high sticking penalty and I quote "Will now spend 2 minutes in the sin bin and feel shame" thanks for the observation PB.

Great Second Period the score is now 4-0 Lundbohm hit the post with abotu 20 seconds left. Power Play is working really well as is the Sioux defence. Looks like the team that we had at the begining of the year!

?????????:(

And now for the 3rd period... (ill just keep updating in this post!)

so far this series the shots are 66-25 (excellent) ???

Canady notches his first of the year from Hale, nice spinning backhand. 5-0 Sioux

Kinda looks like Wisco is playing damnage control hockey, the good old dump and chase. Kinda dirty too.

And that is that.... SWEEP

Great series, Shut out for Ranfranz.. excellent.. I feel much better now!

Exactly what they needed. I thought the Sioux looked strong tonight; good forechecking, great hitting, and really moving that puck around. Schneider's sniping was on display as well. It's looks like the confidence is returning. UND came out strong and took control early. Man, that Parise goal at the end of the first was huge.

Perhaps Ranfranz was given the chance as a make-up for the premature "pulling" last night. Apology was accepted, apparently. Still, Wisco generated little offensive threat. They are in tough shape-- 'Kato St. is getting the better deal being in third.

I think the team will be looking forward to having another shot at DU, especially since we didn't see them in GF for the regular season.

The Ralph will be rocking for this first ever post-season Fighting Sioux weekend!!!

Go Sioux!

taz

Nice, well earned sweep by the troops. I think it's telling that the team has kept working and grinding it out through the past month or so. It shows a lot of character and grit. Hopefully, they keep working and focus on driving Denver into the ground next weekend. ??????

Since the X-mas tourney (referred to as the Cup Cake Classic by some) UND record is 6-8-4, sure sub par, but really not that bad considering the number of games on the road, in tough places. UND is still 11 in the PWR ranking so I think UND will be in the NCAA tourney if they don't go out and lose more than two games this weekends series.

Bubble teams.

Rk Team

9 Michigan 36 24- 9- 3 0.7083

MSU-Mankato 36 18- 8-10 0.6389

11 North Dakota 38 24- 9- 5 0.6974

12 St. Cloud State 34 16-13- 5 0.5441

Ohio State 37 22-10- 5 0.6622

14 Harvard 29 19- 8- 2 0.6897

Providence 36 19-14- 3 0.5694

16 Denver 38 20-12- 6 0.6053

Michigan State 36 21-13- 2 0.6111

Dartmouth 29 17-11- 1 0.6034