SiouxSports.com Forum

Winnipeg Penguins?

nodak hockey fanatic

i would love to see them in winnipeg of all cities...sid the kid, staal and malkin, man this team is going to be great in a couple years. i have no idea on where they will end up but this would be the best place in my eyes

It would be aswome if it where to happen but it looks like the Pens are staying Pittsburgh or moving to Kansas City. Even though Winnipeg would be awsome I can see many road trips if that happens. Bombers game then MTS centre where the Pens play as there new facility is built.

There's a better chance of the Winnipeg Predators coming down the road than there is of the Penguins moving to Winnipeg. Pitt went thru this with the Pirates a few years ago and when it comes down to it, they'll get a stadium deal done somehow.

Nashville, on the other hand, well, what can you say about a city that draws 12,000 fans to see a battle with the San Jose Sharks?

There's a better chance of the Winnipeg Predators coming down the road than there is of the Penguins moving to Winnipeg. Pitt went thru this with the Pirates a few years ago and when it comes down to it, they'll get a stadium deal done somehow.

Nashville, on the other hand, well, what can you say about a city that draws 12,000 fans to see a battle with the San Jose Sharks?

I personally was never for putting hockey teams in the Sunbelt; in fact it

It would be aswome if it where to happen but it looks like the Pens are staying Pittsburgh or moving to Kansas City. Even though Winnipeg would be awsome I can see many road trips if that happens. Bombers game then MTS centre where the Pens play as there new facility is built.

Boxing day was always a blast as I have been there a few times to watch a game on the day after Christmas.

Over the Christmas break my family and I went to Oilers vs Coyotes in Phoenix....It seemed really strange that there were more oilers fans in the building than 'yotes fans.

this is a transit state, most all people here have their 1st team then the coyotes as their 2nd and cheer for the yotes when they are not playing their team :whistling: does that make sense....if the yotes were a top team it would be sold out, simple...when roenick and friends were here i the late 90's they were a very good tea and the valley embraced them, the lockout killed cities like this that have hockey because it was a tough draw in the first place....just how it is here, its not a hockey state and the arena is pretty far out as well in glendale.....oh well, it is what it is

Not a chance. The MTS Centre would be just fine for an NHL club.