SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

logos_siouxhead.gifVS uaa.gif

OK, big series for the Sioux, again........The canadian golden boy will be back with the bronze duo of chorney and lee on the blue line. Hopefully will be a big boost and ready to roll again. And spare me the talk about them being tired. These are highly conditioned 18,19 year olds. They will be fine. I see the 3 that will be returing as a HUGE boost for our power play that has struggled the last few weekends. I see a sweep coming. Phil is coming off a 4 game stretch with a 1.25 GAA, we just need to start scoring a bit more to help out. Lets give a payback for the horrible weekend up in Alaska. 2 wins it is...........

LAST WEEKEND

SIOUX SPLIT @ CC. 0-1 LOSS FRIDAY, 2-1 WIN SATURDAY

SEAWOLVES SWEPT @ SCSU. 2-4 LOSS FRIDAY, 1-4 LOSS SATURDAY

SIOUX 18th in the pairwise rankings

Overall Record: 10-11-1 (.477)

WCHA: 6-9-1, 13 points

Home: 4-7-1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the guy from INCH, in his interview with TH, say that the jet lag doesnt hit these kids until next week. If thats true, I hope it's in between the UAA and Bemidji games. We need them all recovered and ready to play for these games.

yeah, i hear ya...the 4 gophs players are in the lineup right now. frazee no in net as i expected. im sure they are tired but will probably be ready at full tilt next weekend for sure. and so will our guys!!

I dont really want to start a thread for this, but in the MN/MSU pregame, Dubay gave his report card. MN had an 'A' and UND had a 'D'. Only UMD and 1 other team (sorry, cant remember who, Mankato maybe) were below us in the report card. :silly:

yeah i saw that. heck, we were sitting in 8th place so i have no problem with that. lets just keep climbing the pairwise ladder and see what happens....and that starts with a sweep vs UAA

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I don't think a sweep of AA is good enough. I want to see domination, bone crushing hits, emerging freshman, four strong lines, solid goal tending, and rabid fans. Basically I want to see the severed heads of a few Seawolves rotting on the ice. Is that so bad... :silly:

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I don't think a sweep of AA is good enough. I want to see domination, bone crushing hits, emerging freshman, four strong lines, solid goal tending, and rabid fans. Basically I want to see the severed heads of a few Seawolves rotting on the ice. Is that so bad... :silly:

I would also like to see a mean streak and some nastyness. Hopefully we will see that without a parade to the penatly box.

Since I'm a newbie I didn't dare start a thread. And, it wasn't really a good time until we had our World Junior players back.

Does anyone think that there will be some line changing for this weekend and the 2nd half run?

One would think Hak will re-unite Toews, Oshie, Duncan, but then again maybe not. Put Toews with Miller and maybe Genoway or Porter. I think the freshman line of Zajac, Forney, Vandevelde is great together and will put up some surprising numbers this weekend. So what about the rest of the forwards? Does Hak do some demoting and promoting?

What are the predictions?

How come the Goofers got back in time to play this past wekend ?

Because Lucia had the foresight to ask Mankato if they could delay the MN homegame for 1 day. Hakstol couldn't do that because it was an away game. That's my understanding.

It really helped MN too. They beat Mankato 5-1 with a shorthanded team on the road, and won 1-0 with a full? lineup at home.

I think Miller and Genoway should switch lines. VV can play center on the third line.

Oshie, Miller, Duncan

Watkins, Porter, Genoway

Vandevelde, Toews, Forney

Fabian, Kozek, Kaip

Let Toews escape full time attention and try to get Vandevelde and Glass Joe going. We are going to need to get something from these two down the stretch. The third line would have alot of size and strength. The forth liners have a key role on the PK and after goals (knock on wood).

Oshie, Miller, Duncan

Watkins, Porter, Genoway

Vandevelde, Toews, Forney

Fabian, Kozek, Kaip

Let Toews escape full time attention and try to get Vandevelde and Glass Joe going. We are going to need to get something from these two down the stretch. The third line would have alot of size and strength. The forth liners have a key role on the PK and after goals (knock on wood).

Glass Joe? Since when did Peter Forsberg play for the Sioux? Was he on a line with Mapletoft? :silly: Or maybe you are thinking of Marion Gaborik?

Forney was injured last year but he hasn't been injured since...

Glass Joe? Since when did Peter Forsberg play for the Sioux? Was he on a line with Mapletoft? :ohmy: Or maybe you are thinking of Marion Gaborik?

Forney was injured last year but he hasn't been injured since...

Peter Forsberg averages more than 0 goals per season. :) If Glass Joe isn't healthy enough to play, Glass Joe shouldn't play.