SiouxSports.com Forum

Und Vs. Uw

BigGreyAnt41

I really don't know what to expect. Given that Wisconsin is in 8th, the stats would say the Sioux could pull off a sweep. But this team has proven unpredictable. I would like to hear some opinions on the upcoming weekend. A sweep is almost necessary to grab home ice for the first round.

Hey BigGreyAnt I would agree the way this team has play in the last few weeks there's no tell what to expect. Now if we get a split that would be fine but if we get a sweep? That would be as Dickie V would say "AWESOME BABY." So all in all let's hope for the best.

Let's face it . . . this team has us all turning a whiter shade of pale. Personally I hope they can re-group and do some damage . . . this streak as of late can't last much longer . . . someone or something good is going to have to happen . . . IT'S GOT TOO.

I can't remember a Sioux team going through what this team has gone through . . . definitely uncharted territory we are entering here.

I think the games against Wisconsin will be two close games . . . probably a split ???

But you know what . . . this year has been a heck of a ride and I hope we haven't seen our last game of the season at the Ralph.

A Wisco fan posted that both will be on the Fox alternate, channel 642, directtv. Doesn't show up (yet) in the directtv schedule.

I wounder if the games will be on in Grand Forks or not. I remember in 2000 the cable company had the games on because they there on FSN Wisconsin. Mabye the fans need to bomb the Midco net to get the games on...

Tell the team losing is not an option. Refuse to let the dirty Badgers beat us.

Does anyone know if the game is going to be on Television.

The BADgers have a way of getting teams out of slumps. I'd be surprised if UND took any less than four points this weekend. The Sioux schedule has been very non-cupcake the past several weeks and UW should be just what the baker ordered. ???

Thanks to UMD I won't have to cheer for the Badgers - Thank GOD!

Who in the hell is CB going to bring for goalies? Sofie hasn't played in a while, maybe the Sioux should think about starting him for 2 games to finish the season. ??? of course i'm kidding but nothing would surprise me now.

Hello to all,

Out here in CA, the Sioux game is being telecast on Friday @ 5p.m. P.S.T. on Fox Sports Pacific, so a decent satellite system should be able to get it. Being from G.F. it is enjoyable to read these posts (aside from some idiot's horrible syntax and punctuation, who shall remain nameless), and the different opinions expressed, some of which are so close to my own. With luck, this weekend will end in an uneventful sweep of the rodents as previously expressed. I look forward to submitting again and hopefully do not become redundant.

I will guarantee that with the way the Sioux have been playing, and the solid goaltending Wisconsin has (outside of the Gopher fluke), the Sioux will outshoot them and barely squeak by. I read a comment higher on this post about trying Sofie. I'm all for that! What do we have to lose at this point??? Plus, who really knows what he's capable of? With the "hopes" on our current starters, maybe the chances we're relying on now would be less of a "chance" with Sofie in the net. I say he's here for a reason, and someone kept him around for something, so why not let him play the series. I mean look at the stats, we aren't winning away or at home, so maybe the message should be sent that we're throwing down our trump cards and see what happens. I think I'd be MORE interested in the game with a little mysticism....hence, what Sofie could do.....Why not.....what we're doing now certainly isn't working???????

No way, Sofie scares me. Blais tried him a couple times in relief of Kollar last year, and the guy just doesn't have the confidence or concentration to play at this level, IMO. He apparently has a great work ethic, which is great and always something you want instilled in the team, but I think Blais is better off going with Ranfranz or Brandt.

Regarding Wisconsin, they just came off a sweep of Michigan Tech (including a 9-5 win) and before that they took 3 points from St. Cloud. Apparently this isn't the same team that I saw in MN, who looked awful. There's no doubt that UND needs to just forget the past, play the games, and win by playing solid hockey....and let's just hope the same Wisconsin team that played the Gophers shows up this weekend. ???

I was merely relying on the Trump card. I had forgotten last years appearances, and I also think Ranfranz should get the start! However, I guess I have resorted to Grasping at Straws to make the season finalize the way I want to see it.....NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP! I hate grasping at straws....I really do!!!!!

UND vs. Wisconsin.......

I am obviously hoping we come out smoking at WI this weekend! I think the team will finally play with a sense of urgency! Personally, I think I would start Brandt. He hasn't played too terribly bad....Ranfranz played a couple good games, but the last game in Mankato, looked shaky to me! Brandt at least will come out and challenge the shooter. He just needs to control that aggressiveness on certain shots, and he'd do much better. At least to me he "looks" like a goalie.

The home playoffs are on the line........win 2 and we're at home! I think coach and the seniors will take it upon themselves to kick it into high gear! The way Bochenski and Parise had some spark towards the end of the Sunday Duluth game gives me a new sense of hope! They were buzzing, and I HOPE they're extremely hungry for some points! Hopefully the power play can relax a little, and shoot the puck instead of making the "pretty play"! I think Lundbohm is due again for a goal each night, he has in the past few road games.....get the first two lines scoring, get some aggressive play from the 3rd and 4th lines.....and we might do fine. (At least we all HOPE!)

Go Sioux!!

No way, Sofie scares me. Blais tried him a couple times in relief of Kollar last year, and the guy just doesn't have the confidence or concentration to play at this level, IMO. He apparently has a great work ethic, which is great and always something you want instilled in the team, but I think Blais is better off going with Ranfranz or Brandt.

Regarding Wisconsin, they just came off a sweep of Michigan Tech (including a 9-5 win) and before that they took 3 points from St. Cloud. Apparently this isn't the same team that I saw in MN, who looked awful. There's no doubt that UND needs to just forget the past, play the games, and win by playing solid hockey....and let's just hope the same Wisconsin team that played the Gophers shows up this weekend. ???

Ok, so its either that SCCC and MTU are really bad, or some how the dirty Badgers have some how miracously gotten very good and found some game all of a sudden. I think its the later that SCCC and MTU are really bad... I watched UofW play C.C. and Minnesota and the Badgers couldn't even cycle the puck out of their own end, the badgers were brutal. If UND does sweep them I am going to be disapointed.

Found this in the Saint Clown Times. Very interesting. I had heard the UND was very close to signing to this kid but lost out to the Badgers. Looks like we should be happy to know he didn't come here. Whew...

Leavitt left out

The on-again, off-again relationship between Wisconsin coach Mike Eaves and sophomore forward Alex Leavitt appears off again for good. Eaves told Leavitt last week that he would not play in any more games this season.

Leavitt created a stir in Madison two weeks ago when he went public with accusations that Eaves was physical and used profanity in a confrontation between the two last November. Leavitt was held out of practice several days after refusing to play against St. Cloud State, and there was question as to whether he would leave the team. Eaves asked Leavitt to stay and the latter acquiesced.

Now it looks like Leavitt has played his last game as a Badger and will likely leave the school at the end of the year.

That hasn't stopped Wisconsin's resurgence. The Badgers squeaked out a 3-2 win Friday and then blitzed Michigan Tech 9-5 on Saturday. Wisconsin is 3-0-1 in the last four games after a 2-7-0 stretch. The latest wins came without senior captain Brad Winchester, who was arrested for allegedly striking a police officer shortly after a game against St. Cloud State on Feb. 22. Winchester was suspended two games and is due in court to answer the charges on March 11. He is expected to play this weekend against North Dakota, however.

Found this in the Saint Clown Times. Very interesting. I had heard the UND was very close to signing to this kid but lost out to the Badgers. Looks like we should be happy to know he didn't come here. Whew...

I disagree Goon, he would have looked good in a Sioux uniform. The kid would have been fine playing for Blais. He also would have been fine playing for Sauer again this year. It's not the first time a new coach and an existing player have clashed. Unfortunately for Wisconsin, Eaves and Leavitt aren't a good fit, but it's better for both sides to move on. If you remember, when Blaiser took over at UND, he and Landon Wilson weren't a good fit. Landon moved on to the NHL, and it was best for everyone. Chances are, Leavitt will most likely play juniors next year and then play for another school, and everyone will better off.

I disagree Goon, he would have looked good in a Sioux uniform. The kid would have been fine playing for Blais. He also would have been fine playing for Sauer again this year. It's not the first time a new coach and an existing player have clashed. Unfortunately for Wisconsin, Eaves and Leavitt aren't a good fit, but it's better for both sides to move on. If you remember, when Blaiser took over at UND, he and Landon Wilson weren't a good fit. Landon moved on to the NHL, and it was best for everyone. Chances are, Leavitt will most likely play juniors next year and then play for another school, and everyone will better off.

Rick or others,

Does Blais go after this kid then if this is true? Should CB take a chance on him?

Levitt is still pretty young and has great skills. I think there could be a place for him if CB can get him to do his part and not break team rules like curfew.