SiouxSports.com Forum

GATORS vs BUCKEYES

Tommiejo

Well iit's new years eve & in the next several days we'll be having the fight for the national championship. That being Florida vs Ohio State. Better known as the GATORS vs the BUCKEYES. Now everyone knows who i'm pulling for hey it's a no brainer with me. As everyone knows I gradutated from UF & ONCE A GATOR ALWAYS A GATOR. Anyway, two things I look for in this game. One it being close & two it also being high scoring. My predication (please forgive me for my lousy spelling). GATORS 49 BUCKEYES 45. Now everyone else can put their two cents & from the GATORNATION GO GATORS CHOMP ON THOSE BUCKEYES.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be cheering for my favorite D1 conference, the Big 10, to destroy the overrated and overhyped SEC. Look for the Buckeyes to win by double-digits easily. In related news, I expect Wisconsin to have little difficulty with Arkansas.

Overhyped? Please. You cannot honestly say that there is a better conference in America. If you think there is I'd love to hear your reasoning. If you say the Big 10 is better, I really think I'll puke into my mouth. Same with the ACC, Big 12, Pac 10 and the Big East.

Overhyped? Please. You cannot honestly say that there is a better conference in America. If you think there is I'd love to hear your reasoning. If you say the Big 10 is better, I really think I'll puke into my mouth. Same with the ACC, Big 12, Pac 10 and the Big East.

Thats a comment that we all could have done without :sad: ...but, that said...THE BIG 10 IS BETTER !!!

Puke away. :silly:

Normally I agree that the SEC is the best D1 football conference, but it certainly isn't the case this season. The SEC is down some this year.

Well iit's new years eve & in the next several days we'll be having the fight for the national championship. That being Florida vs Ohio State. Better known as the GATORS vs the BUCKEYES. Now everyone knows who i'm pulling for hey it's a no brainer with me. As everyone knows I gradutated from UF & ONCE A GATOR ALWAYS A GATOR. Anyway, two things I look for in this game. One it being close & two it also being high scoring. My predication (please forgive me for my lousy spelling). GATORS 49 BUCKEYES 45. Now everyone else can put their two cents & from the GATORNATION GO GATORS CHOMP ON THOSE BUCKEYES.

LOL. The Buckeyes have not given up 40+ this decade. Even with Florida's SEC speed (yawn), I think you have the 45 right, but Florida will be in the 20's.

SEC is a great conference top to bottom, but the top of the Big Ten is better than the top of the SEC. B10 definitely does not have the depth though. I will give you that LSU is going to destroy Notre Shame, but PSU just topped Tennecheat, and Wisky is taking it to Arkansas right now.

SEC is a great conference top to bottom, but the top of the Big Ten is better than the top of the SEC. B10 definitely does not have the depth though. I will give you that LSU is going to destroy Notre Shame, but PSU just topped Tennecheat, and Wisky is taking it to Arkansas right now.

You do know that Notre Dame is not part of the Big 10. It's an independent.

You do know that Notre Dame is not part of the Big 10. It's an independent.

Having grown up right across the street from Notre Dame, I am keenly aware of the fact that they are not part of the Big Ten. The point I was making with that was the high seeded SEC teams are going to struggle, sans LSU...

Having grown up right across the street from Notre Dame, I am keenly aware of the fact that they are not part of the Big Ten. The point I was making with that was the high seeded SEC teams are going to struggle, sans LSU...

My mistake, I thought you were comparing match-ups between SEC vs. Big 10. :silly:

That would be the case this year. The top three are better than usual and the middle of the pack are not as strong as usual. Most years you will find 6 Big 10 teams among the top 20 in the nation. This year we may only see 4 among the top 20 but 3 of those 4 could potentially be in the top 5 if Michigan beats USC. The Gophers, Purdue, and Iowa all had down years in '06 compared to the past five years or so. Even Penn State with four losses was a very strong team this year, when you consider their losses were to Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame. That's a murderous schedule. Let's see somebody from the SEC play a schedule like that. I think year in and year out, on average, the Big 10 is the toughest conference to get through with an undefeated record. I think the top three being better than usual makes up for the fact that the middle of the pack isn't as strong as usual. Overall it is still the strongest conference. If you go back through history, you can probably find seasons where the SEC was stronger than the Big 10... but it only happens maybe once or twice per decade.

Ha ha ha, that post is so so wrong in so many ways. First of all, yes, the top *2* of the Big 10 is the best of any in the country. Wisconsin won today despite being grossly outplayed by an overachieving Arkansas team. Wisconsin is so overrated it makes me sick. The only good (ranked) team they played, with the exception of Arkansas, was Michigan, and the Wolverines had no problem with the Badgers. Wisconsin played such a weak schedule this year its terrible. Now, asking to find who played a tougher schedule in the SEC than Penn St. is absolutely moronic. Heres Florida's schedule: Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, and soon to be Ohio St. Michigan will have played 4 quality teams by the end of the season, Ohio St. only 3. I'd love to see Michigan or Ohio St. play a SEC schedule AND the SEC Title game and get out undefeated. Absolutely would not happen. 8 of 12 SEC teams had winning records. 5 of 11 Big 10 teams had winning records. Top to bottom, the SEC is the toughest conference in America. Dave, would you feel this way if you lived in Kansas or New York? I highly doubt it. Oh and USC just scored to make it 25-11.

I don't think people are giving Florida the credit they deserve. Tough defense that has had to replace much of it's line and still shut down McFadden of Arkansas. Their offense goes through it's struggles as Meyer slowly installs his system, but Leak is a pure accurate passer. I also don't believe that OSU has seen an offense like Florida's and a scout team isn't going to be a great help.

I expect to see some trickery from Meyer. Also, don't forget the X factor of Tim Tebow. There's no preparing for that beast of a football player.

Oh, and USC is absolutely carving up the Michigan defense right now.

So much for that vaunted Michigan D. They gave up over 30 points the last two games they played and those were the only decent offenses they played with the possible exception of Notre Dame (who is overrated in my opinion, but we'll see).

In my opinion I don't think the Michigan D should be blamed for the loss. I think it comes down to the Offensive Line, Henne, and the Offensive Coordinator (and other coaches such as the OLine Coach and QB Coach if there is one).

THe O Line couldn't block, which made the running game ineffective. PLUS, the coaches were unable to notice that Henne's drop back was so long that it gave the USC pass rush a great amount of time to either get their hands up into the passing lanes or to get to the QB. Obviously, the solution would be to go to a 3 step drop. When I left the game (3rd Quarter, USC up by 13 after missing the PAT), they hadn't figured that out yet. However, USC's QB did and simply carved up the defense.

I believe if Henne wasn't trying to consistantly go 15+ yards downfield and went to a short passing game with a 3 step drop they MIGHT have had better results and kept the Michigan D off the field longer. Instead, Henne played like an idiot whose best career option is whatever the hell he's studying at Michigan, Hart has a sore ribcage and backside from being hit all the time, and the Michigan O-Line has whiplash from watching USC's DLine fly by them.

In my opinion I don't think the Michigan D should be blamed for the loss. I think it comes down to the Offensive Line, Henne, and the Offensive Coordinator (and other coaches such as the OLine Coach and QB Coach if there is one).

THe O Line couldn't block, which made the running game ineffective. PLUS, the coaches were unable to notice that Henne's drop back was so long that it gave the USC pass rush a great amount of time to either get their hands up into the passing lanes or to get to the QB. Obviously, the solution would be to go to a 3 step drop. When I left the game (3rd Quarter, USC up by 13 after missing the PAT), they hadn't figured that out yet. However, USC's QB did and simply carved up the defense.

I believe if Henne wasn't trying to consistantly go 15+ yards downfield and went to a short passing game with a 3 step drop they MIGHT have had better results and kept the Michigan D off the field longer. Instead, Henne played like an idiot whose best career option is whatever the hell he's studying at Michigan, Hart has a sore ribcage and backside from being hit all the time, and the Michigan O-Line has whiplash from watching USC's DLine fly by them.

First of all, you think blame should be placed on some coaches, and you don't even know if they have these coaches or not.....interesting.

There is a point to over-analyzing a game and then there is rw77.

Since when did USC join the SEC? The conference I have a problem with is the SEC, not the Pac 10. I respect the Pac 10. Actually, after the Big 10 the other teams/conferences I have respect for in D1 football are Notre Dame and the Pac 10. As long as the Big 10 beats the SEC in head to head matchups I'm happy. Florida played a cupcake schedule compared to Wisconsin. I'll give you LSU as a quality opponent and obviously Ohio State. Tennessee, Auburn, and Arkansas all are grossly overrated and do not compare to the likes of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Wisconsin did not play a weak schedule. Granted, the exclusion of Ohio State makes their schedule not as tough as other Big 10 teams, but still the Big 10 is the toughest conference schedule to get through. That's why you rarely see any team come out of the Big 10 undefeated. There are so many tough teams that beat up on each other over the course of the season. I would feel this way no matter where I live. The SEC is a decent conference, but too many people such as yourself make it out to be something that it is not. Ohio State would have a very easy time playing an SEC schedule and SEC title game. Nobody in that overrated conference would give them as tough a game as Michigan did. Top to bottom, the Big 10 is the toughest conference in the nation. The SEC may develop more individual players who go on to have success in the NFL, but the Big 10 has better college football teams. After what happened in the Capital One and Outback bowls, you really don't have an argument. If Florida can pull off the upset against Ohio State, then you can talk. However, I doubt they'll even keep it close nevermind win.

Well I can't argue with an idiot. Nevermind the fact that Corso, Herbstreit, etc. have been saying that the SEC is the best conference all year long, no, you're right, the people who get paid to talk about college football are wrong.

You're calling me an idiot because my opinion isn't the same as yours? Wow, that's rather high and mighty of you. We all know the talking heads on ESPN are paid to promote the SEC. However, the guys who get paid to talk about college football on TV are not always right. Every year the SEC gets hyped as the best conference by the so-called experts, and nine times out of town it ends up falling short of expectations. In head to head matchups, on the field where it counts, the Big 10 owns the SEC. You lose, game over. The only possible way you can save face in this argument is if Florida pulls off the upset, and I don't see that as being very likely. Perhaps we could place a friendly bet regarding a signature line? If Florida wins I would have to kiss SEC butt in my signature for the rest of 2007, if Ohio State wins you have to kiss Big 10 butt in your signature line for the rest of 2007. I doubt you have enough confidence in that overrated piece of garbage joke of a conference to take me on up on that, but I figured I'd just throw it out there to see if you can walk the walk as well as you talk the talk.

That is wrong. If you watch ESPN or its parent company ABC, you would know that the majority of games they show are Big 10, not SEC, as CBS holds the rights to most major SEC games. Also, in regards to your bet, I did not state that Florida is better than Ohio St. I fully expect Ohio St. to beat Florida. How about this bet...whichever of the two conferences finishes with a better bowl record...or more teams in bowls...how about that bet?

Also, BigGame, how is it funny that I'm using Corso as part of my arguement. I guess you missed the fact that not only was he a former D1 football coach, but has been on Game Day for close to 20 years. Yeah, I guess you're right saying his arguement is flawed.

Oooh, heres a fun link...http://teamrankings.com/ncf/7confratings.php3

That is wrong. If you watch ESPN or its parent company ABC, you would know that the majority of games they show are Big 10, not SEC, as CBS holds the rights to most major SEC games. Also, in regards to your bet, I did not state that Florida is better than Ohio St. I fully expect Ohio St. to beat Florida. How about this bet...whichever of the two conferences finishes with a better bowl record...or more teams in bowls...how about that bet?

Also, BigGame, how is it funny that I'm using Corso as part of my arguement. I guess you missed the fact that not only was he a former D1 football coach, but has been on Game Day for close to 20 years. Yeah, I guess you're right saying his arguement is flawed.

Oooh, heres a fun link...http://teamrankings.com/ncf/7confratings.php3

Most pregame people are hacks when the try to analyze anything. The get caught up in numbers and interesting stories and not how teams really will match up. They really don't look into the numbers behing the numbers. And I love Game Day and Corso is great, but his record at Indiana was 41-68-2. Most of the time his info is useless.