SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch kicked off Gophers

Chuck Schwartz

Wow you can diagnose someone over the internet now. Jeez you guys are advancing.

Since I'm just a hockey fan, can you described these symptoms and relate them to how they relate to his earlier diagnosis?

Quit being an asshole and re-read my post. I am basing my SPECULATION/OPINION on published facts. I'm not here to educate you as that has proven to be an impossiblity. Keep posting your opinion and I'll keep posting mine. You don't like my opinion, use the ignore button.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no doctor but I have a system that has worked pretty well for me in the past. You take a multi-vitamin before you start drinking and one before you hit the hay.....if you can remember. Works pretty well.

Re-hydrate! Lots of clear liquids but some folk swear by Bloody Mary's, hair of the dog!!

As I think I said before, I could really care less about Hirsch and the apparent end of his hockey career.

Things happen to families and folks all of the time and we must deal with situations as best we can.

As for what is, or was, going on with Tyler and the team, the cryptic statements from the University speak volumes to me.

Medical conditions and records are strictly private by law. The family is clearly saying nothing. If Lucia or others were

to make any reference, they would be in violation of these privacy laws.

The no comment stance says it all to me. It is some sort of medical issue. So be it. The Gophers will likely ultimately

be a better team without him.

I drink good Scotch and water. Takes care of the hydration and good quality liquor helps a lot.

I had waaaaay too much of that tonic on New Year's Eve 1973 in a pub in Edinburgh, Scotland, thanks to a fine Scotsman who taught me a few Scottish salutes. Unfortunately, in the massive hydration that evening (and the not so great morning that followed) they all got washed away but one. And I have no idea what that one means. I haven't had Scotch since.

I will forever pass on this one.

I had waaaaay too much of that tonic on New Year's Eve 1973 in a pub in Edinburgh, Scotland, thanks to a fine Scotsman who taught me a few Scottish salutes. Unfortunately, in the massive hydration that evening (and the not so great morning that followed) they all got washed away but one. And I have no idea what that one means. I haven't had Scotch since.

I will forever pass on this one.

Eiyeee, I feel bad for ya', laddy.

We have differing opinions. I can post mine as well as you can. However, I have managed to do it without lowering myself to call anyone names. If your opinion had any merit, you wouldn't have to resort to name calling. But as we can read......

Well you called Whistler an asshole, but thats beside the point. Just because you are a "Board Certified, licensed, health-care provider" doesn't mean you know whats going on with this situation. Neither do I, but I know enough to realize that they wouldn't kick a player off a team because he's having mental troubles. You obviously never played organized sports, if you did then you would know this. Besides that, couldn't the Gophs have a major lawsuit on their hands if this was the reason they kicked him off the team?

Well you called Whistler an asshole, but thats beside the point. Just because you are a "Board Certified, licensed, health-care provider" doesn't mean you know whats going on with this situation. Neither do I, but I know enough to realize that they wouldn't kick a player off a team because he's having mental troubles. You obviously never played organized sports, if you did then you would know this. Besides that, couldn't the Gophs have a major lawsuit on their hands if this was the reason they kicked him off the team?

Could it possibly be that he had other problems that were spilling over to his game that were caused by a mental health issue? Maybe not. Could be just a bad attitude. Once again. Until Tyler or his family issues a statment (if ever), we will not know the whole story here.

tyler is obviously mentally having troubles. very evident. his actions after the sioux game in the final 5 was the first incident we saw but who knows, there could have been others in house or not but we dont know. he took a leave for the whole season last year. that was so he can get his things right overall. who really knows i guess. he also has had schooling problems as well this season. they are more than likely related. the people who witnessed him last friday can also say that there is something wrong with him as he just dilly dallied around the ice and didnt even look like he knew why he was on the ice. fans who were at the game said he was just coasting like it was a open sunday skate with the family. the guy has issues. are they mental? yes, are they academic too? yup. its a shame no matter who this happens to athlete or not but tyler was one hell of a hockey player. very interesting story the last 3 years and a loss of a great player for umtc.

1) I didn't call Whistler an asshole. I told him to quit being one.

2) I don't know what's going on. My opinion/speculation is based on well documented facts.

3) How do you know I never played organized sports? I did and my sons did and do. And yes, athletes do get kicked off sports teams due to health issues. As a health care professional, I know that for a fact.

4) What grounds for a lawsuit would apply? If someone's health prevents him/her from performing, there is no obligation for the organization to keep the player on the team. There is no contract in amateur sports that stipulates a coach has to keep a player on the team if the players illness is not adequately managed and is keeping him from performing his duties as a member of a sport. It's usually in the players best interest to remove him. My opinion.

There is nothing you can post that is going to change my opinion on this issue. I'm sure you feel the same. I'm finding your opinion hard to ignore because I believe you are doing an injustice to a fine athlete who for reasons not under his control (my opinion) is going through a very difficult time in his life (my opinion) and is losing something that, at one time anyway (my opinion), he loved doing. I don't like to see anyone kicked when he's down. And, in my opinion, that is what you, and others I have disagreed with, are doing.

We have differing opinions. I can post mine as well as you can. However, I have managed to do it without lowering myself to call anyone names. If your opinion had any merit, you wouldn't have to resort to name calling. But as we can read......

First you write this garbage and then 15 minutes later you refer to another member as an asshole?? You're almost as crazy as the guy you're so desperately trying to defend. :silly:

First you write this garbage and then 15 minutes later you refer to another member as an asshole?? You're almost as crazy as the guy you're so desperately trying to defend. :silly:

As your most recent post so clearly points out, stupid can't be fixed. As Mother Theresa, I will pray for you and fogive your shortcomings. God be with you my son and may all those in contact with you know as well that stupid can't be fixed and find it in their hearts to forgive you as well. :sad:

*I didn't call him an asshole I told him to quit being one. ;) *

As your most recent post so clearly points out, stupid can't be fixed. As Mother Theresa, I will pray for you and fogive your shortcomings. God be with you my son and may all those in contact with you know as well that stupid can't be fixed and find it in their hearts to forgive you as well. :sad:

*I didn't call him an asshole I told him to quit being one. ;) *

I could go on and on pointing out worthless drivel about you, but I don't have enough time. I'll just summarize it for you. You are clearly the dumbest bitch on these boards.

This is a bad deal. You never like to see someone go out this way. Best wishes to Tyler and his family. However, I can't help but feel that the coaching staff did the right thing for the team and for Tyler. I'm sure this was not an easy decision for Lucia to make, but the best intrest of the team has to be considered here. I'm not willing to speculate on what might be "wrong" with Tyler, but making light of the situation is certainly not called for. This goes beyond hockey, or any sport, and comes down to a person, and I wish him all the best.

I could go on and on pointing out worthless drivel about you, but I don't have enough time. I'll just summarize it for you. You are clearly the dumbest bitch on these boards.

Man, you're really asking to get kicked out of here aren't you. I've said alot of nasty and tasteless things, but you went way over the top with this one.

Man, you're really asking to get kicked out of here aren't you. I've said alot of nasty and tasteless things, but you went way over the top with this one.

Hey, if calling somebody an "asshole" is okay around here, then calling somebody a "bitch" must be fair game as well. I hardly see that as being "over the top." Besides, she IS a bitch.

That said, while getting "kicked out of here" isn't a goal of mine, I'd hardly lose a second of sleep over it. But that's just me.