SiouxSports.com Forum

5th Annual POI vs Siouxsports.com Game

bertibm

Well it is only Dec, but we might as well start looking into this. Another game on the Sunday of the Final 5. I will look for a rink in Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth Area. Who would want to play again. Again I ask that people that play in this game post on SS.com. I know with the POI team we have some people that dont post anywhere so I will have people posting on GPL play for them. Unless you want Jeff and Brad Albers playing. (WHCA ref's) So let me know if you guys/gals still want to do this.

Jerred

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess there are probably enough of us that live in the Twin Cities that we could field a small team even if the Sioux don't make it down.

The only real question is whether our goalie can make it.

<checking...>

Phats has played goalie on occasion. But know that it's only been since he's been out of school and only occasionally. My older son, lives in Mpls, plays hockey in a Mpls league. I could ask if he would like to play. I believe he's only been a guest on SS.com though.

• 3 weeks later...
How many people for the Sioux team.

If we cannot get enough people I will try to do a All-WCHA skate.

SS.com should be fine. It's very early in the team-gathering process for us and already we have:

brianvf

Phats

mksioux

BigGreyAnt41

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

Stuckinfargo

All but 2 or 3 players from last year's team live in the area, so SS.com will be able to put a team on the ice even if the Sioux don't make it to the Final 5 (shudder). I've got emails out to the others who played last year, so we should know of more players soon.

All right, how good are you guys? And can girls play?

SS.com should be fine. It's very early in the team-gathering process for us and already we have:

brianvf

Phats

mksioux

BigGreyAnt41

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

Stuckinfargo

All but 2 or 3 players from last year's team live in the area, so SS.com will be able to put a team on the ice even if the Sioux don't make it to the Final 5 (shudder). I've got emails out to the others who played last year, so we should know of more players soon.

I don't think that's possible. :ohmy:

Actually, RWtD is correct.....I had to do that a few weeks ago cause it was all confusing and no one was wearing jerseys.....

"Raise your hand if you're going this way"

Problem has since been solved.....we got more jerseys.

EDITED TO ADD- Yes, I have gotten a hard time about it every night we have played since then.

I've got some bad news and some GREAT news for both teams. The bad news is that kateskate emailed me to let me know that she won't be able to join in the fun this year. The GREAT news is that Katie Wyman, freshman goalie from Anoka H.S., recently started wearing sweater #1 for the Sioux! Way to go kateskate!!! :D:);)

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/whockey/roster.asp

Some have expressed concern in the past about the game evolving to where former Sioux and Gopher players started playing and taking away the fun for the average skater. Who would have guessed the opposite would happen and a former SS.com/POI player would start playing in the WCHA? We can all say we knew her way back when.

I've got some bad news and some GREAT news for both teams. The bad news is that kateskate emailed me to let me know that she won't be able to join in the fun this year. The GREAT news is that Katie Wyman, freshman goalie from Anoka H.S., recently started wearing sweater #1 for the Sioux! Way to go kateskate!!! :D:);)

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/whockey/roster.asp

Some have expressed concern in the past about the game evolving to where former Sioux and Gopher players started playing and taking away the fun for the average skater. Who would have guessed the opposite would happen and a former SS.com/POI player would start playing in the WCHA? We can all say we knew her way back when.

Woohoo Katie!!!!!

When is the game usually played? I know Sunday, but about what time? This will be my first year at the Final Five and if you'll have me I'd love to play. If you need more skaters I know a HS coach who's a sioux fan and a great skater and in shape :sad: who would play.

Let me know.