SiouxSports.com Forum

5th Annual POI vs Siouxsports.com Game

bertibm

When is the game usually played? I know Sunday, but about what time? This will be my first year at the Final Five and if you'll have me I'd love to play. If you need more skaters I know a HS coach who's a sioux fan and a great skater and in shape :sad: who would play.

Let me know.

The game usually starts sometime between 10:00 and 1:00, or so. As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to play. However, I don't play in this game, so it's not up to me.

Two and three years ago, SS.com had 18-20 players, which was simply too much. Last year, the guys who had played in the first 3 games talked about trying to keep the number to around 12-14 position players. I think we ended up with 12 or 13, and everyone seemed happy. There was some flow to the game for the SS.com players and everyone got ice time. A decision had to be made as to how to keep the number manageable. The best, and I believe fairest, solution was to give preference to those who had previously played for SS.com and add new players, as needed.

I'm throwing this out now to make sure the SS.com players have what they want/need come March 18. Do you still want to keep the number to around 12-14 position players, or should we open the game up to all Sioux fans and play with whatever we have on game day?

SS.com players, please post your thoughts because I am in no position to decide much of anything in this regard.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game usually starts sometime between 10:00 and 1:00, or so. As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to play. However, I don't play in this game, so it's not up to me.

Two and three years ago, SS.com had 18-20 players, which was simply too much. Last year, the guys who had played in the first 3 games talked about trying to keep the number to around 12-14 position players. I think we ended up with 12 or 13, and everyone seemed happy. There was some flow to the game for the SS.com players and everyone got ice time. A decision had to be made as to how to keep the number manageable. The best, and I believe fairest, solution was to give preference to those who had previously played for SS.com and add new players, as needed.

I'm throwing this out now to make sure the SS.com players have what they want/need come March 18. Do you still want to keep the number to around 12-14 position players, or should we open the game up to all Sioux fans and play with whatever we have on game day?

SS.com players, please post your thoughts because I am in no position to decide much of anything in this regard.

Well to me, what we had last year was good, Granted, it was my first game with SS, but from what i heard, it was also the frist time we won....... :sad:

So, really, we should be just fine getting as many of the people to return as possible, it was a great game, fun, everybody was tired, and felt like they accomplished something, and we won. :D

Sure if people cant make it, we need to get the right Number of people there, but as you said it is still early.

• 2 weeks later...

All I ask is that you post on your teams board, SS.com and GPL. This is a game for fun. All people playing for POI post on both boards. I think POI will have 12 this year. If you get 20 people that is just way to many. I know last year, There was a certain person that did not even play but had his friends just show up to play. I was not a big fan of that.

SS.com should be fine. It's very early in the team-gathering process for us and already we have:

brianvf

Phats

mksioux

BigGreyAnt41

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

Stuckinfargo

All but 2 or 3 players from last year's team live in the area, so SS.com will be able to put a team on the ice even if the Sioux don't make it to the Final 5 (shudder). I've got emails out to the others who played last year, so we should know of more players soon.

I demand that hrkac suit up again this year ................ ! ;)

All I ask is that you post on your teams board, SS.com and GPL. This is a game for fun. All people playing for POI post on both boards. I think POI will have 12 this year. If you get 20 people that is just way to many. I know last year, There was a certain person that did not even play but had his friends just show up to play. I was not a big fan of that.

Tough to lose isn't, Berti?

i played last year...ill play again

Sorry you have to be part of the board for more than 1 day, I will not let you play in this. Sorry. Keep posting and you can play next year. If you do show, Dont bring your gear, you will not touch the ice..

Thanks

How extensive of gear do you guys usually wear?

I've got shin guard, helmet, elbow pads and will be buying gloves. Is that enough or do you guys wear breezers and shoulder pads, too?

No shoulder pads need unless you are siouxtraveler. Some wear breezer some dont. We try to keep the pucks down, sometime they do come up. The musts are Cup, Helmet, Skates, Gloves, Elbow Pads and Shins.

No shoulder pads need unless you are siouxtraveler. Some wear breezer some dont. We try to keep the pucks down, sometime they do come up. The musts are Cup, Helmet, Skates, Gloves, Elbow Pads and Shins.

.....and the other must is a blood thirsty hate for the goofers, or i mean.. rubes.....

see you on the ice, Bert. Bring Ernie too. :silly:

Sorry you have to be part of the board for more than 1 day, I will not let you play in this. Sorry. Keep posting and you can play next year. If you do show, Dont bring your gear, you will not touch the ice..

Thanks

Game isnt until March. Jan 30 to March 18 is more than 1 day. :silly:

If you played last year, wouldnt you be grandfathered in?

Game isnt until March. Jan 30 to March 18 is more than 1 day. :D

If you played last year, wouldnt you be grandfathered in?

Am I reading this right.....

The POI "Coach" is telling SS.com team who can play and who can't play? Pssst....buddy, this game doesn't mean anything. :silly:

There was a certain person, that just had people show up. They do nothing for either site. The funny thing was that the person that had people just show up did not even play. The players did not even know what the game was all about.

And that certain person still thinks the gophers suck, they always have and always will. And have the most whiny fans you'll meet in D I hockey. Yeah, one of the people who "did not even know what the game was about" played in SS/POI #2 and #3 and the other, well, he was invited to play by someone other than me. You may have seen the first one this weekend, he was wearing the Sioux jersey and hat hi-fiving another sioux fan after Duncan scored the fifth goal in Friday night's game while FSN did a close up on him. But he doesn't know about the rivalry, huh? :silly:

Don't worry berti, I won't be showing up to ruin your year.

There was a certain person, that just had people show up. They do nothing for either site. The funny thing was that the person that had people just show up did not even play. The players did not even know what the game was all about.

So what is it the you do for either site?

It appears that you don't even know what the game is about!

The game is about winning!!!!!!

The players that showed up must have known what it is all about, because your little team lost last year!!!

Can you fill us in on that certain person?

When I have people show up, I have them show up to win.

Can you guys where brown and yellow this year and also can your team have Frazee in net? :silly:

The truth got me banned from GPL.

The artist formerly known as Old Hockey Guy.................

So what is it the you do for either site?

It appears that you don't even know what the game is about!

The game is about winning!!!!!!

The players that showed up must have known what it is all about, because your little team lost last year!!!

Can you fill us in on that certain person?

When I have people show up, I have them show up to win.

Can you guys where brown and yellow this year and also can your team have Frazee in net? :silly:

The truth got me banned from GPL.

The artist formerly known as Old Hockey Guy.................

You should play this year and you and bert should get past your issues. bert runs his icetimes his way, you run them yours. We all get that. I've had beer with both of you and each of you can be pretty cool when your not acting tough on a message board.

If you don't want to play because it's all about winning, we understand that too. No matter what the guys at the LCHA say I still think you can skate. :D