SiouxSports.com Forum

My Apologies

BleedGrn

Mr. Lamoureux,

I owe you the most sincere apologies. You see, after you entered the game against Michigan Tech on Saturday night, I went so far as to yell, "You suck, Lamoureux," at the top of my lungs even after boo'ing at your entrance to the game. Yes, as you can guess, alcohol was involved. I am not proud of my actions and deeply regret my negativity and outright classlessness. There is no excuse for my behavior. My only reason is frustration, of which, over the past few weeks, I am sure you are familiar with.

You deserve more respect than that, for you wear a jersey that bears the name of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. As we all know, hockey is a team sport, and no single player, coach or fan can take all of the blame or all of the glory for the actions of a group of people. I truly believe that I took my own part in disgracing the name on your jersey, and beg your forgiveness that I be allowed back on the "team" of UND fans who are proud and supportive. We all have our moments of weakness, and I ask that you be as patient with mine as I will be of you and your coaches and your team.

Best of luck to you, Mr. Lamoureux. I am not proud of my actions and feel you deserve some form of public apology. I promise to be as supportive as I can in the future.

Sincerely,

Joel Lovelien

• Upvote 1

interesting...................i wouldnt say you disrespected the name at all. not sure where that would come from. you were being a fan. it was emotions and fans have the right to express them. we cheer like hell when they are great so why not be able to boo if things are not going so well. its natural reactions the way i look at it. you obviously felt very bad about booing as im assuming this is for real so thats cool but lets just win some damn games and we wont have to worry about things like this. very simple :silly:

ps....were you booing phil 100% or 50% phil and 50% hak for the move or something like that, just wondering to all who were booing. would be VERY interested to see the % on this. gracias...............

Seems a little over the top to me. I doubt Phil would ever see your appology anyway. I boo the refs almost every game. From what I heard there were many fans booing at that time. I heard the Viking Fans Booing Brad Johnson, so I think it is a normal reaction for some fans to boo. In russia they wistle.

Seems a little over the top to me. I doubt Phil would ever see your appology anyway. I boo the refs almost every game. From what I heard there were many fans booing at that time. I heard the Viking Fans Booing Brad Johnson, so I think it is a normal reaction for some fans to boo. In russia they wistle.

its part of the game

Oh I knew that :silly: - I wish they would give Brooks a shot

:silly:

tavaris time. brooks is a 3rd stringer in the nfl. is that bad. hell no, great gig but just reality.

back to topic.....im sure phil can take some booing, well lets hope so...like i said before, were most of you booing phil coming in or haks decision to pull grieco??

Oh I knew that :silly: - I wish they would give Brooks a shot - But they would most likely pull him in the thrid Qtr :silly:

Brooks was hurt when he played last time, he was planted in the turf by a defensive player.

AZ Sioux is right Lammy can take the Booing.

I really think that it was frustration from the fans how the season is going so far towards Hak. It's unfortunate that it came across as being aimed at Phil. I think both of them are big enough boys to realize that Sioux fans still love them, they just hate to see the team struggling this much with finishing when they have the talent to be where Minnesota is at right now. Were accustomed to seeing the Sioux kicking butt, not getting kicked in recent history. We have just forgotten what it feels like to lose, it's just as painful as a fan as it is to be a player or a coach.

The team will come around. We just have to be patient.......or drink a lot.

I agree with that statement. In a way I felt bad for Brad but his play has been sporadic, I blame the coach for leaving him in.

I think it is much different than that. I think Vikings players should be excited to hear that at least the crowd isn't apathetic enough to not even notice!

Booing Brad Johnson is simply gratifying to realize that those fans aren't just filling up space. I guess that's the only rationale I can think up because the Vikings stinking isn't exactly unusual.

Hmmmm..I think we should start to whistle ourselves. I, myself, love to whistle. After a goal, a great hit, a great defensive/offensive play! So therefore since none of these seem to happen thus far, I'd be able to whistle all the time! Yes! Thats it. From now on, when the worst play known to man happens on the ice, and you hear a loud whistle, that'll be me! Thank you our fellow people across the ocean....

One of the things that I'm most ashamed of is that my negativity ended up directed at someone who is trying to do the best that he knows how and represent the jersey that he is wearing to the best of his abilities. As a parent, had I been sitting near someone boo'ing my child, I would have felt horrible for both parties: the sap doing the boo'ing/yelling, and my child, just doing what he knows. Either way, as a Fighting Sioux fan, I think it was reprehensible. Yes, it was done in the heat of the moment, but by God, these kids are out there doing the best that they can with the tools that they were given. That's more than I can say for my drunk butt passing judgement from the bleachers.

Yes, I'm frustrated with the way things are going for the team, but boo'ing a college athlete is way out of line compared to boo'ing a professional athlete. These kids are mostly just that, kids. They deserve a chance to do their best in a positive atmosphere. I understand that opposing fans will be less than positive, but their own fans need not knock them down. It should be us who are cheering them on and raising them up to the heights that they are capable.

As for my open letter, yes, it was probably more self-serving than anything, but I did it with the small hope that Phil might somehow reach word and know that the jacka$$ in the seats realizes how out of line he was.

Enough out of me. I know I'll do what I can do give these kids my utmost support from now on, instead of the negative drivel that I was laying down on Saturday night.

Mr. Lamoureux,

I owe you the most sincere apologies. You see, after you entered the game against Michigan Tech on Saturday night, I went so far as to yell, "You suck, Lamoureux," at the top of my lungs even after boo'ing at your entrance to the game. Yes, as you can guess, alcohol was involved. I am not proud of my actions and deeply regret my negativity and outright classlessness. There is no excuse for my behavior. My only reason is frustration, of which, over the past few weeks, I am sure you are familiar with.

You deserve more respect than that, for you wear a jersey that bears the name of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. As we all know, hockey is a team sport, and no single player, coach or fan can take all of the blame or all of the glory for the actions of a group of people. I truly believe that I took my own part in disgracing the name on your jersey, and beg your forgiveness that I be allowed back on the "team" of UND fans who are proud and supportive. We all have our moments of weakness, and I ask that you be as patient with mine as I will be of you and your coaches and your team.

Best of luck to you, Mr. Lamoureux. I am not proud of my actions and feel you deserve some form of public apology. I promise to be as supportive as I can in the future.

Sincerely,

Joel Lovelien

Wow. That is quite possibly the lamest post I have ever seen on a message board. It stinks of an alter-ego by somebody really trying to hammer down a point too. :silly:

One of the things that I'm most ashamed of is that my negativity ended up directed at someone who is trying to do the best that he knows how and represent the jersey that he is wearing to the best of his abilities. As a parent, had I been sitting near someone boo'ing my child, I would have felt horrible for both parties: the sap doing the boo'ing/yelling, and my child, just doing what he knows. Either way, as a Fighting Sioux fan, I think it was reprehensible. Yes, it was done in the heat of the moment, but by God, these kids are out there doing the best that they can with the tools that they were given. That's more than I can say for my drunk butt passing judgement from the bleachers.

Yes, I'm frustrated with the way things are going for the team, but boo'ing a college athlete is way out of line compared to boo'ing a professional athlete. These kids are mostly just that, kids. They deserve a chance to do their best in a positive atmosphere. I understand that opposing fans will be less than positive, but their own fans need not knock them down. It should be us who are cheering them on and raising them up to the heights that they are capable.

As for my open letter, yes, it was probably more self-serving than anything, but I did it with the small hope that Phil might somehow reach word and know that the jacka$$ in the seats realizes how out of line he was.

Enough out of me. I know I'll do what I can do give these kids my utmost support from now on, instead of the negative drivel that I was laying down on Saturday night.

Santa has now upgraded you, there will be no lump of coal in your stocking this year.

Cripes, I've been a Vikings since before their last Super Bowl appearance - you want to know about frustration talk to a long-time Vikings fan, or wait until you come close to enduring a gap between NC's a la the Gophers had for 23 years, Denver had for 40 years, Bucky had for 15 years and MTU has had going on 35 years. Never mind UND has a knack for becoming dangerous at the end of the season and you've got some great recruits coming in the next few years. I realize some of you probably don't want to hear this from me of all people, but get a grip. :lol:

I didn't boo, but my jaw dropped when I saw Phil standing on the ice just out of the players box, putting on the rest of his gear. I couldn't figure out what was happenng. At first I thought Anthony was hurt, but then noticed he was fine. Probably a bit bummed and more than likely pi$$ed off.

I don't think that was the way Hak should have tried to "spark the team". That should be in the locker room, and on the bench with a little more emotion coming from him and his coaching staff.