SiouxSports.com Forum

My Apologies

BleedGrn

I don't think very many of us know the dynamics of what goes on in the locker room, or on the bench. Whether Hak was telling Jackson to ease up on Shep because he didn't want confrontation, or for some other reason we're not privvy to.

I for one appreciate Bleedgrn's post, not because he offended me but I appreciate his candor. In my opinion there's no reason to boo an amateur player for not playing well. Maybe if they show unsportsmanlike behavior, but that's different than if they don't live up to our expectations.

Hak felt he needed to spark the team. Oshie scored 22 seconds later, or something like that, right? Do we know that Hak's move didn't work? It didn't win the game, sure, but maybe it helped. Maybe it didn't. We don't know.

Lammy played well the rest of the game. Not so sure why this is such a big deal. Lammy didn't lose the game. Hak's probably trying what he can to work through things. I doubt he wanted to pull Grieco either, but that's the way it is in hockey sometimes. Hak's not the first coach to pull a goalie to try and turn the rest of the team around. It's a tactic used by more storied coaches than Hak.

I'm pretty sure all the current problems stem from Hakstol's facial expression behind the bench. I wish people would quit making other excuses.

What he needs is a snarl, or a scowl. Snarl or scowl, either one would work. Maybe he could jump up on the dasher and hop around while snarling, or scowling.

Hak felt he needed to spark the team. Oshie scored 22 seconds later, or something like that, right? Do we know that Hak's move didn't work? It didn't win the game, sure, but maybe it helped. Maybe it didn't. We don't know.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that Hak's pulling of Greico had anything to do With Oshie scoring a goal. How convenient for him, he pulls AG, then Osh pots one 22 seconds later. Then it validates Hak's lame excuse that he was trying to spark something. Way too much coincidence there if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure all the current problems stem from Hakstol's facial expression behind the bench. I wish people would quit making other excuses.

What he needs is a snarl, or a scowl. Snarl or scowl, either one would work. Maybe he could jump up on the dasher and hop around while snarling, or scowling.

Snarl,sneer or scowl I don't care. Smile when you win I don't care just show some emotion. I don't know what goes on behind the scene but face value it seems to me that nobody gets to riled up win or lose.

interesting...................i wouldnt say you disrespected the name at all. not sure where that would come from. you were being a fan. it was emotions and fans have the right to express them. we cheer like hell when they are great so why not be able to boo if things are not going so well. its natural reactions the way i look at it. you obviously felt very bad about booing as im assuming this is for real so thats cool but lets just win some damn games and we wont have to worry about things like this. very simple :lol:

ps....were you booing phil 100% or 50% phil and 50% hak for the move or something like that, just wondering to all who were booing. would be VERY interested to see the % on this. gracias...............

I didn't boo outloud however I was saying to my mates ......... "wtf that wasn't AG's fault on that 2nd goal!' So put me down on the side of not wanting Hak to pull AG instead of booing that PL was replacing him ........... PS The boys will right the ship and make this a "respectable" season!

PS The Goofers s * * k for not playing the Fighting Sioux in other sports.

I really think that it was frustration from the fans how the season is going so far towards Hak. It's unfortunate that it came across as being aimed at Phil. I think both of them are big enough boys to realize that Sioux fans still love them, they just hate to see the team struggling this much with finishing when they have the talent to be where Minnesota is at right now. Were accustomed to seeing the Sioux kicking butt, not getting kicked in recent history. We have just forgotten what it feels like to lose, it's just as painful as a fan as it is to be a player or a coach.

The team will come around. We just have to be patient.......or drink a lot.

This is the course I have taken ......... the boys skate so much faster when I am in a stupor hahaha ........cheers (b) Hockeymom and all Fighting Sioux fans!