SiouxSports.com Forum

Greatest time at the new REA

luapsided

Mine would probably be the time when we were playing CC, either the first or second year the new REA opened. We came back from behind, I want to say two/three goals, towards the end of the game and ended up winning it. I remember(either the tying goal or the winning goal) jumping on the people next to me, basically freaking out and then looking across the arena and watching all the fans. It almost looked like one huge moshpit! Everyone went wild. I think it had to be one of the best games in this arena so far, other than then west regionals last year, in my opinion. :silly:

Some of this might be a tad off, so please correct me!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Regionals 2006. I sit right behind the visitors' bench and when HC scored the tie up goal and then the overtime goal it was just amazing. I went nuts, the arena went nuts, but what was so incredibly awesome was watching these young kids exude pure exhilaration. They had just won their Stanley Cup. :silly:???

The feeling was then carried over to the entire Sioux vs Michigan game. Each goal scored just added to the already incredible atmosphere in the arena. It was so much more exciting to be able to watch all the faces of the players show their excitement close up. ;)

cross.jpg

I this particular weekend at the REA during the west regional last season was one of the best weeekends of hockey for me all time at the REA. The hockey was ok, but the environment was awesome, the arena was almost as loud as the WJC games when Canada was playing. Watching the Goofs get bounched from the NCAA playoffs, no amout of words can be used to explain it. Woog set them up nicely for defeat. I was at the remote at the bar at the Long Haul Saloon, when Wooger made the prediction that the Goofers wouldn't lose to Holy Cross, talk about some classic putting your foot in your mouth, that I am sure ended up being black board material.

Beside the loss of the Goofs against the Crusaders, It was even better watching their cocky fans leave the arena with their tails between their legs. Priceless. One clown from Minnesota (while I was in the bathroom) goes to me, oh, oh, oh the Sioux would still lose to the gophers and I told him Spanky, we don't have to play you guys. Your team is on the bus going home already. In my opinion I believe UND would have still beaten them.

The noise in the arena after the first game was deafening I new we had the arena atmosphere to beat the Wolverines, it was hostile. I was excited that finally we didn't have to play the pretty boys from Michigan in their dump of a barn know as Yost, finally they made the trip to REA. The Sioux whoopped their ass. To me that was awesome, historically, Michigan always gets the great regional draws in their back yard, finally UND got one, we may never see one against due to political correctness run amuck. The Sioux did disappoint, the boys took to the ice a ran Michigan out of the Building. That was even better than watching the Goofs get beat. I think it was the best the Sioux played all Year.

Hands down, Friday night, West Regionals-Gophers getting Holy Crossed and Sioux beating Michigan. The arena was magic that night. I was hoarse at the end of the first game and almost couldn't make a sound after the second game.

I would be interesting to a survey of how many of us were hung and had head aches the next after that game? I know I am not the only one that partied before and after that game. Holy cow! I drank a few to celebrate that one game. If I remember right my buddies that went with brought their own bar.

cross.jpg

I this particular weekend at the REA during the west regional last season was one of the best weeekends of hockey for me all time at the REA. The hockey was ok, but the environment was awesome, the arena was almost as loud as the WJC games when Canada was playing. Watching the Goofs get bounched from the NCAA playoffs, no amout of words can be used to explain it. Woog set them up nicely for defeat. I was at the remote at the bar at the Long Haul Saloon, when Wooger made the prediction that the Goofers wouldn't lose to Holy Cross, talk about some classic putting your foot in your mouth, that I am sure ended up being black board material.

Beside the loss of the Goofs against the Crusaders, It was even better watching their cocky fans leave the arena with their tails between their legs. Priceless. One clown from Minnesota (while I was in the bathroom) goes to me, oh, oh, oh the Sioux would still lose to the gophers and I told him Spanky, we don't have to play you guys. Your team is on the bus going home already. In my opinion I believe UND would have still beaten them.

The noise in the arena after the first game was deafening I new we had the arena atmosphere to beat the Wolverines, it was hostile. I was excited that finally we didn't have to play the pretty boys from Michigan in their dump of a barn know as Yost, finally they made the trip to REA. The Sioux whoopped their ass. To me that was awesome, historically, Michigan always gets the great regional draws in their back yard, finally UND got one, we may never see one against due to political correctness run amuck. The Sioux did disappoint, the boys took to the ice a ran Michigan out of the Building. That was even better than watching the Goofs get beat. I think it was the best the Sioux played all Year.

Agreed!

Ok, I can't remember the date exactly, but my favorite game was at home vs. BC. We were down 4-2 going into the 3rd period and we scored 4 unanswered goals to win 6-4.

It was loud, we were proud and Kaltaiinen (BC Goaltender) probably felt like crying. :silly:

Other than that, being in a seat where I could hold up signs that could be read by the players and viewed easily by the cameras (so I was frequently on the jumbotron) was cool too.

cross.jpg

agreed on HC game...best game ive ever watched...i get into a yelling match with the UM fans two rows in front of us. that place exploded when the OT winner was scored...loudest by far. I get a warm feeling inside when i think that it may have been the cheering for HC that got them the win...that little extra 'something' that kept them going strong. :silly:

nick fuher's goal from the point against denver, sunday afternoon to head to the final five.

Agreed.

That place was going insane when he scored that OT winner against Dubbie.

I remembered being worried, as I had purchased my F5 tickets a few months before that series, and wanted to see the Sioux there (even though it ended up just being for the play-in game).

Ok, I can't remember the date exactly, but my favorite game was at home vs. BC. We were down 4-2 going into the 3rd period and we scored 4 unanswered goals to win 6-4.

It was loud, we were proud and Schneider (BC Goaltender) probably felt like crying. :silly:

Agreed about that game, but the goalie was Matti Kaltiainen.

Agreed.

That place was going insane when he scored that OT winner against Dubbie.

I remembered being worried, as I had purchased my F5 tickets a few months before that series, and wanted to see the Sioux there (even though it ended up just being for the play-in game).

I sat down in the lower bowl for that series and that night and that was about the third loudest game I have ever witnessed/seen in the new REA. I sat behind the net and witnessed the goal it was a heck of a shot.

cross.jpg

There you go, making our Gopher guests cry again.

But yeah, that was the best moment by far.

There you go, making our Gopher guests cry again.

But yeah, that was the best moment by far.

I am sure there are a few that will come over and be offended by it. :silly:

But eh I still think its worse to lose to HC then it is to be swept by UAA.

the west regionals were fun as hell. the win over michigan and h cross, the h cross upset over the rodents and so on...........the place was hopping..............but there is not a atmosphere that can hang with the world junior tourney and the big games that were played. UNBELIEVABLE

i cant go with the gophs/hcross win as my favorite for the reason its not my team, either of them, was it fun, hell mutha#$# yeah, but any big SIOUX win tops that for me anyday of the week. the comeback on BC was great, there was another one vs CC when we tied 2 nights in a row

good times for sure, cant beat sioux hockey!!

the west regionals were fun as hell. the win over michigan and h cross, the h cross upset over the rodents and so on...........the place was hopping..............but there is not a atmosphere that can hang with the world junior tourney and the big games that were played. UNBELIEVABLE

i cant go with the gophs/hcross win as my favorite for the reason its not my team, either of them, was it fun, hell mutha#$# yeah, but any big SIOUX win tops that for me anyday of the week. the comeback on BC was great, there was another one vs CC when we tied 2 nights in a row

good times for sure, cant beat sioux hockey!!

That was a pretty cool game to watch, I'd like to see the Eagles in REA again.

I didn't see the second game because I was in SD, but I heard that one was pretty good too.

It was loud, we were proud and Kaltaiinen (BC Goaltender) probably felt like crying. ???

Other than that, being in a seat where I could hold up signs that could be read by the players and viewed easily by the cameras (so I was frequently on the jumbotron) was cool too.

Hmm..I wonder it it was the BC game im thinking about and not the CC game. Whichever one it was, they were both amazing. Ill have to look back and see the scoring in both games to remember exactly. It was one of the first two years of the new REA opening. But yes, I think if anyone was at that game HC MN, you could not disagree that that place was the loudest and maybe will never again be that loud because that place went nutz! and it was my b'day to top if off. I had a headache of all hell the next morning, and then again the following morning :silly: I think even the old people that never clapped during a sioux game ever were doing backflips that day! that 'lets go sioux' chant was rediculous. They have many clips of that HC MN game but none of them carry on long enough to here the lets go sioux chant at the end of the game,which kinda sucks. Anyways! Eat, get fat, be lazy, and then bring on some hockey!

Hmm..I wonder it it was the BC game im thinking about and not the CC game. Whichever one it was, they were both amazing. Ill have to look back and see the scoring in both games to remember exactly. It was one of the first two years of the new REA opening. But yes, I think if anyone was at that game HC MN, you could not disagree that that place was the loudest and maybe will never again be that loud because that place went nutz! and it was my b'day to top if off. I had a headache of all hell the next morning, and then again the following morning :silly: I think even the old people that never clapped during a sioux game ever were doing backflips that day! that 'lets go sioux' chant was rediculous. They have many clips of that HC MN game but none of them carry on long enough to here the lets go sioux chant at the end of the game,which kinda sucks. Anyways! Eat, get fat, be lazy, and then bring on some hockey!

The loudest I have ever heard the new REA had to be during the World Jr's. Gold Medal Game, Canada vs. Russia. It will never be close to that level again, unless we add 5,000 more seats.

The one night of hockey that stands out hands down, the 2006 West Regional. After Holy Cross scored in overtime against Minnesota and then all off the fighting sioux fans starting chanting lets go sioux before the sioux took the ice for warmups. I'll never forget it, I had chills running down my back. The whole crowd was pumped up before the game even started. I talked to a few hockey players and they could hear the chant in the locker room from the fans and they said it was one of the loudest chants ever. I could only imagine being a player that night.