SiouxSports.com Forum

How quickly they forget.

The Sicatoka

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To inject a little negativity into this group therapy session - I will say that this year UND may not even get a chance at a Frozen 4 run if they finish T4th or 5th like the past two years. The WCHA probably will not get five teams into the tournament this year.

I'm not saying the season is over - far from it - I'm saying that just because they are on pace with where they were at the last two years at this point in the season does not mean everything is A-OK. This year is different and they will have to finish better than they did the previous two years to get another Frozen 4 chance.

To inject a little negativity into this group therapy session - I will say that this year UND may not even get a chance at a Frozen 4 run if they finish T4th or 5th like the past two years. The WCHA probably will not get five teams into the tournament this year.

I'm not saying the season is over - far from it - I'm saying that just because they are on pace with where they were at the last two years at this point in the season does not mean everything is A-OK. This year is different and they will have to finish better than they did the previous two years to get another Frozen 4 chance.

Agreed. Now have a slice of this mushroom pizza and some brownies for desert, then sit back and relax it's a long strange trip. :silly:

Good opinion. As long as the team can stay away from injuries, and we stay strong in the net, we have a good chance to go far into the season once again. Hak needs to get some strong lines together, and keep them there so the players can adapt to each others game and get a good feel for one another. By mid season we will be there, and will make a climb towards the top! :silly:

I'm going to interrupt the substance abuse for a second and play devil's advocate. I've spent years here talking people off the ledge at times like this, but I want to point out a genuine concern. The early-season records posted by the Sicatoka to lead off this thread are similar to this year, but both of the preceding years had UND staring into the abyss in early or mid-March. Had the Sioux lost to MSUM last year in the first round of the WCHA playoffs, the season was probably over. (Obviously) no Final Five, but also likely no NCAA tournament invitation.

They have played with fire going into the last week or two of the last two years on the NCAA bubble, and it's entirely possible that they could have an unhappy ending one of these years if it continues to happen - one of those games where they show up and play well but don't get the bounces or get outgoaltended.

I personally have seen enough to think that the team could be very good again down the stretch, so I'm not worried terribly. Just a little.

edit: mksioux beat me to it.

Nothing at all wrong with the team and the staff here, at least from the view in my corner of the world.

A full slate of WCHA games will give this team the mettle to succeed in March and April. I fully expect to see a Big Banner being raised at The Ralph next October.

What we need in the short run is for Lammy to get healthy, and to get a haircut. That long hair has got to go. If nothing else, he should close crop the top and the sides.

A confidence building sweep over a tough, but takeable, Tigers squad will also help. What reasonable purpose is served by the knashing of teeth, and the wringing of hands? Especially in November.

C'mon. We're Sioux fans. Not fairweathers like the girls and boys following the brown and the yeller.

Nothing at all wrong with the team and the staff here, at least from the view in my corner of the world.

A full slate of WCHA games will give this team the mettle to succeed in March and April. I fully expect to see a Big Banner being raised at The Ralph next October.

What we need in the short run is for Lammy to get healthy, and to get a haircut. That long hair has got to go. If nothing else, he should close crop the top and the sides.

A confidence building sweep over a tough, but takeable, Tigers squad will also help. What reasonable purpose is served by the knashing of teeth, and the wringing of hands? Especially in November.

C'mon. We're Sioux fans. Not fairweathers like the girls and boys following the brown and the yeller.

I always look forward to your Spring post where you correctly predict who will be driving the Sioux bus to the FF. :silly:

How quickly they forget., Those who forget history ...

I remember - Oh how I miss the old days when the shots on goal averaged under 20 :silly:

DamStrait's sig line "I can't imagine having to go up against our (defensemen). They're mean. They're real mean. I've actually heard guys squealing in pain in front of the net. I used to think it was funny. Now I sort of feel sorry for them. - Jordan Parise"

I'm going to interrupt the substance abuse for a second and play devil's advocate. I've spent years here talking people off the ledge at times like this, but I want to point out a genuine concern. The early-season records posted by the Sicatoka to lead off this thread are similar to this year, but both of the preceding years had UND staring into the abyss in early or mid-March. Had the Sioux lost to MSUM last year in the first round of the WCHA playoffs, the season was probably over. (Obviously) no Final Five, but also likely no NCAA tournament invitation.

They have played with fire going into the last week or two of the last two years on the NCAA bubble, and it's entirely possible that they could have an unhappy ending one of these years if it continues to happen - one of those games where they show up and play well but don't get the bounces or get outgoaltended.

Just to add the WCHA non-conference record is very poor this year, and was very good the last two years, which helps every WCHA bubble team at year's end.

MN and Wisco have the next chance, I believe, at turning that non-con record around, if they both beat Mich and Mich St. The Sioux will have a chance to get back at HE if they get to play BU in the Christmas tourney. Those may be essential wins to having a chance down the stretch, if they don't start winning soon.

For those that jumped ship or close to it after the home SCSU debacle last spring, can anyone toss over an inflatable boat?

I always look forward to your Spring post where you correctly predict who will be driving the Sioux bus to the FF. ???

Dude, you haven't been keeping up with this thread very well, I'm driving the bus, the "magic bus." All aboard. We are on a magical mystical trip to St Louis. It's running in conjuntion with my "feel the love tour" 06- 07, so I get to kill two bird's with one stone. Complimentary t-shirt's for those who sign up now. :silly: