SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GPR played an off game. Bad passing, bad shooting! West Fargo was on, but Sand was excelllent. WF was hitting hard and breaking out well. Game was 0-0 after 2, and GPR got one a few into the 3rd. Not more than 4-5 minutes later WF got one in, but the refs blew the whistle just before the player jammed it in from under Sand's glove. I am not sure if Sand had his glove on it yet or not, but whistle did blow kinda quick. Spoilers then added one with about 40 seconds to go, short-handed.

South's goalie must have had a really bad game since he only had 20 shots. I think South is getting worse.

South is just a bunch of individuals. They don't play as a team at all. If they want to win games against good teams they need to rely on their teammates instead of trying to do it all by themselves. I think that is why it seems as if they are getting worse. Every other team is just learning to play with eachother as a team.

South is just a bunch of individuals. They don't play as a team at all. If they want to win games against good teams they need to rely on their teammates instead of trying to do it all by themselves. I think that is why it seems as if they are getting worse. Every other team is just learning to play with eachother as a team.

Agreed. South has some very good individuals, but not so good that they can play the game 1 vs. 5. Hockey is a team game, and you cannot accomplish much without using the other four guys on the ice. If South keeps this up, I don't see any team but Grafton that has a shot at stopping Red River from running away with another title. Maybe Dean needs to take a page out of the coach for the Boston Bruins book. He put five players in the d-zone, and one player on the red line. Gave the player on the red line the puck and said go score.

Agreed. South has some very good individuals, but not so good that they can play the game 1 vs. 5. Hockey is a team game, and you cannot accomplish much without using the other four guys on the ice. If South keeps this up, I don't see any team but Grafton that has a shot at stopping Red River from running away with another title. Maybe Dean needs to take a page out of the coach for the Boston Bruins book. He put five players in the d-zone, and one player on the red line. Gave the player on the red line the puck and said go score.

Wow, what a game by Crookston, who is listed record this year is 2-9-2. (http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/standings.asp?actnum=410)

I see Tyrel McBain scored a goal for South. Did his addition to the team upset some of the other players or what was the supposed "internal trouble" that someone mentioned in an earlier post?

South kind of reminds me of UND. Lot of talent cant put it all together.

They aren't that talented, If you run down their roster there are definatly holes. They lack defensive depth, and they have way too many wild cards on offense that just can't be trusted.

If Diechert isn't on his game, South is very vulnerable. With that said, if he gets hot which I would bet that he will he can carry them past anyone.

I heard that Wilson didn't play the first two lines, any truth too that?

No. He played almost nothing BUT the first 2 lines. His d-man (#11) played alsmost the ENTIRE game.

Wilson said to his team that they are playing as individuals, but then he plays his #11 almost the whole game. :angry:

EDIT: Someone on the forum PM'd me and thought I attacked them. So, I guess I will let everyone know that the posts I make are MY OPINION. I thought that most of the posts on this forum are formed from your own opinion.

No. He played almost nothing BUT the first 2 lines. His d-man (#11) played alsmost the ENTIRE game.

Wilson said to his team that they are playing as individuals, but then he plays his #11 almost the whole game. :angry:

I'd play #11 almost the whole game too if he was on my team. Providing he moved the puck and wasn't taking dumb penalties. As a matter of fact, I bet Wurden is the only player on the ice he can trust every minute of every game. I have heard from numerous sources that many players on Souths team are loose cannons. Although that's probably not new information to anyone on this message board.

just back from the RR/South game and right now South is a team in VERY serious disarray! RR dominated them in every aspect of the game in a frankly, embarrasing, 8-0 Red River win. Dean's got a month to pull them together or they have no chance to repeat...

Wonder what Wilson will say in tomorrows papr. Will he give RR some credit this time or is he going to make excuses about his team and say that if they played together they would be the best team cause they have the most talent. RR just had running time in the third period, against the defending state champs and their first line scored only twice. RR definetely has the most talent. Solid game from Schaefer, Vigen, and Erickson line (5 goals).