SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

Wow RR over GPR...wild finish

I would say that Red River was lucky to get out of Grafton with a win. Red River took it to Grafton in the first period but it was downhill from there. My personal opinion was that Grafton is a very fast team and RR was not used to their speed. RR played probably their sloppiest game of the year all the way down the roster. The only person that stood out to me today was Rider defensman Jake Waind. Waind is often overlooked playing on the same team as Galbreath and Ladouceur, but he has been solid for the riders all year. He looked to me like the best defensman on the ice tonight and also chipped in with two assists. Both goalies played well for the most part but both also let in a soft goal. The Riders should have another stiff test going to Fargo South on Tuesday.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is such a ridiculous arguement.Both sides should just stop. Only time will tell which player is better by who goes further with their hockey career. At the present time I like the situation Eric Meland is in. Playing with a couple of the top defensemen in the state, one of the top goalies in the state and a good group of young forwards, he could have the ability to showcase his talents the rest of this year and next year on what would be the top team in the state if all players return.

You just proved the exact point that people have been trying to state. Meland plays on an all around better team then North, and I'm pretty sure that UNDhockey22 has been trying to get across exactly what you just said. In his previous posts he stated that with an all around better team you can and will be able to keep more offensive pressure on especially with 2 great defenseman in Galbreath and Laduecer holding the blue line along with 3 solid lines to help carry momentum.

UofMGrad, do you have any reason to rag on Tyler Klein so much? In almost everyone of your posts you seem to say something negative about Klein. If this is a way of trying to build up your own confidence you are going about it in the wrong way. I think Tyler has around 22 points and everygame I have watched he works very hard in trying to control the game and make his linemates around him better. Tyler's linemates Bekkedahl and Bombenger are both good players. Now through the passed years they produced more middle of the pack numbers. If I remember right, last year Tanner had around 12 points while I think Bekkedahl had somewhere around that also. Granted last year was ugly for North, and I think Klein only managed about 20. Now this year you put Tanner and Ryder with Klein their point totals have already doubled from what they have put up in previous years. Now you can take it or leave it but Klein seems to be putting up decent numbers and his other linemates numbers have went way up. I think Klein knows how to make the players around him better, and also his linemates know how to finish on rebounds which also in turn makes Klein's points go up also.

I would say that Red River was lucky to get out of Grafton with a win. Red River took it to Grafton in the first period but it was downhill from there. My personal opinion was that Grafton is a very fast team and RR was not used to their speed. RR played probably their sloppiest game of the year all the way down the roster. The only person that stood out to me today was Rider defensman Jake Waind. Waind is often overlooked playing on the same team as Galbreath and Ladouceur, but he has been solid for the riders all year. He looked to me like the best defensman on the ice tonight and also chipped in with two assists. Both goalies played well for the most part but both also let in a soft goal. The Riders should have another stiff test going to Fargo South on Tuesday.

I would say the action was end to end. At times both teams were sloppy. Each team had close to 30 shots or more. I think the RR goalie was shaky at times also, if Gpr had better quality shots i think they would of came out with a win. I think RR will fear the spoilers next time they play.

As For South v. RR i predict South 3-1

Well I'm not living in ND anymore, I have a question about the pt system in High School hockey.

Anyone heard anything about giving a team +2 for a win, but subtracting a point if they got too many penalites, or even 1 coach getting booted? Something to this effect, I heard it @ the bar so I took it with a grain of salt.

The person said they are doing this in Peewees and looking to move to the older leagues with it.

Is there any truth to such a silly rule? T them up, suspend kids for poor sportsmanship. But if one team scores more than the other team, there is no reason that the losing team should get to possibly come away with more pts.

Well I'm not living in ND anymore, I have a question about the pt system in High School hockey.

Anyone heard anything about giving a team +2 for a win, but subtracting a point if they got too many penalites, or even 1 coach getting booted? Something to this effect, I heard it @ the bar so I took it with a grain of salt.

The person said they are doing this in Peewees and looking to move to the older leagues with it.

Is there any truth to such a silly rule? T them up, suspend kids for poor sportsmanship. But if one team scores more than the other team, there is no reason that the losing team should get to possibly come away with more pts.

In youth hockey there is a thing called fair play points. The winner gets its two points as normal but each team is eligble to earn an extra point called a fair play point. The team receives this point if they keep penalty minutes under 14 minutes (I think this is right but may vary from age group to age group). Have not heard about using this past the Bantam level.

I would say the action was end to end. At times both teams were sloppy. Each team had close to 30 shots or more. I think the RR goalie was shaky at times also, if Gpr had better quality shots i think they would of came out with a win. I think RR will fear the spoilers next time they play.

As For South v. RR i predict South 3-1

Haha, for you to say "if GPR had better quality shots I think they would have come out with a win," is a bit of a hypothetical statement. I could say that if Red River would have had better quality shots they would have won by atleast 3, or even, if Red River would have scored on a couple more of their good chances this game wouldnt have been as close. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that GPR will be the ones fearing RR the next time they play. They will be coming into Purpur arena, playing a team they have already lost to. And the fact that they have not been able to beat RR in a while will be in the back of their heads as well. As for the RR vs. Fargo South game, I could see it going either way. Im going to go with a 3-3 tie in tomorrows game, should be a good one.

Could we please talk about some other forwards other than Tyler Klein on this message board? He is a good player, but so are the 17 players ahead of him in points this year. He has 4 goals in 12 games. Here's the list according to Gillen's website :

1- Eric Herbel BOT Sr. F 12gp, 22g, 13a, 35pts

2- Eric Meland GFRR Jr. F 9gp, 15g, 12a, 27pts

3- Zach Miller GPR Sr. F 11gp, 12g, 14a, 26pts

4- Chad Demers GPR So. F 11gp, 13g, 12a, 25pts

5- Zach Welding JAM Sr. F 11gp, 13g, 10a, 23pts

6- Kyle Everson D.L. Sr. F 11gp, 12g, 10a, 22pts

7- Jake McDougall F.S. Sr. F 10gp, 10g, 12a, 22pts

8- Tanner Bombenger F.N. Sr. F 12gp, 14g, 7a, 21pts

9- Tanner Hills GPR Sr. F 11gp, 7g, 14a, 21pts

10- Jeff Kaiser DICK Jr. F 13gp, 13g, 8a, 21pts

11- Danny Wurden F.S. Sr. D 10gp, 6g, 15a, 21pts

12- Nathan Stremick MIN Sr. F 11gp, 8g, 13a, 21pts

13- Andrew Vigen GFRR Jr. F 9gp, 8g, 12a, 20 pts

14- Collin McIntee BOT Sr. F 12gp, 4g, 16a, 20pts

15- Ian Powers F.S. Jr. F 10gp, 11g, 8a, 19pts

16- Mikael Foss JAM Sr. F 11gp, 6g, 12a, 18pts

17- Joe Handeland BOT Jr. F 12gp, 8g, 10a, 18pts

18- Logan Doeden F.S. Sr. F 9gp, 7g, 10a, 17pts

19- Tyler Klein F.N. Sr. F 12gp, 4g, 13a, 17pts

20- Russell Crary GFRR So. F 9gp, 9g, 8a, 17pts

21- Ryan Mohagen GPR So. F 11gp, 10g, 7a, 17pts

22- Andrew Seeberg BHS Jr. F 10gp, 10g, 5a, 15pts

23- Ryder Bekkedahl F.N. Jr. F 12gp, 8g, 7a, 15pts

24- Nic Spenningsby JAM Sr. D 9gp, 6g, 9a, 15pts

25- Isak Tengesdal MIN Sr. F 11gp, 7g, 8a, 15pts

26- Bryce Schmitt MIN 9th F 11gp, 8g, 7a, 15 pts

1. Eric Herbel(BOT) F Sr. 12GP 22G 13A 35P

2. Zach Miller(GPR) F Sr. 12GP 13G 15A 28P

3. Eric Meland(GFRR) F Jr. 10GP 15G 12 27P

4. Jake McDougall(FSH) F Sr. 11GP 12G 14A 26P

5T. Chad Demers(GPR) F So. 12GP 13G 12A 25P

5T. Danny Wurden(FSH) D Sr. 11GP 8G 17A 25P

Could we please talk about some other forwards other than Tyler Klein on this message board? He is a good player, but so are the 17 players ahead of him in points this year. He has 4 goals in 12 games. Here's the list according to Gillen's website :

1- Eric Herbel BOT Sr. F 12gp, 22g, 13a, 35pts

2- Eric Meland GFRR Jr. F 9gp, 15g, 12a, 27pts

3- Zach Miller GPR Sr. F 11gp, 12g, 14a, 26pts

4- Chad Demers GPR So. F 11gp, 13g, 12a, 25pts

5- Zach Welding JAM Sr. F 11gp, 13g, 10a, 23pts

6- Kyle Everson D.L. Sr. F 11gp, 12g, 10a, 22pts

7- Jake McDougall F.S. Sr. F 10gp, 10g, 12a, 22pts

8- Tanner Bombenger F.N. Sr. F 12gp, 14g, 7a, 21pts

9- Tanner Hills GPR Sr. F 11gp, 7g, 14a, 21pts

10- Jeff Kaiser DICK Jr. F 13gp, 13g, 8a, 21pts

11- Danny Wurden F.S. Sr. D 10gp, 6g, 15a, 21pts

12- Nathan Stremick MIN Sr. F 11gp, 8g, 13a, 21pts

13- Andrew Vigen GFRR Jr. F 9gp, 8g, 12a, 20 pts

14- Collin McIntee BOT Sr. F 12gp, 4g, 16a, 20pts

15- Ian Powers F.S. Jr. F 10gp, 11g, 8a, 19pts

16- Mikael Foss JAM Sr. F 11gp, 6g, 12a, 18pts

17- Joe Handeland BOT Jr. F 12gp, 8g, 10a, 18pts

18- Logan Doeden F.S. Sr. F 9gp, 7g, 10a, 17pts

19- Tyler Klein F.N. Sr. F 12gp, 4g, 13a, 17pts

20- Russell Crary GFRR So. F 9gp, 9g, 8a, 17pts

21- Ryan Mohagen GPR So. F 11gp, 10g, 7a, 17pts

22- Andrew Seeberg BHS Jr. F 10gp, 10g, 5a, 15pts

23- Ryder Bekkedahl F.N. Jr. F 12gp, 8g, 7a, 15pts

24- Nic Spenningsby JAM Sr. D 9gp, 6g, 9a, 15pts

25- Isak Tengesdal MIN Sr. F 11gp, 7g, 8a, 15pts

26- Bryce Schmitt MIN 9th F 11gp, 8g, 7a, 15 pts

Are all of these totals updated from games over the past weekend and what not?

1. Eric Herbel(BOT) F Sr. 12GP 22G 13A 35P

2. Zach Miller(GPR) F Sr. 12GP 13G 15A 28P

3. Eric Meland(GFRR) F Jr. 10GP 15G 12 27P

4. Jake McDougall(FSH) F Sr. 11GP 12G 14A 26P

5T. Chad Demers(GPR) F So. 12GP 13G 12A 25P

5T. Danny Wurden(FSH) D Sr. 11GP 8G 17A 25P

This top five is updated through all games played.

Great game from the Coliseum tonight, both teams played pretty well but you all can see that RR is the better team. All three goals for RR were scored by sophomores. RR also had the better goaltender in Arnason. I have seen Deichert play in 5 games now and he hasn't been as impressive as people have talked him up to be. RR clearly had a lot of better scoring chances aswell. Good win for GFRR as they improve to 11-0 and FS drops to 8-4.

Great game from the Coliseum tonight, both teams played pretty well but you all can see that RR is the better team. All three goals for RR were scored by sophomores. RR also had the better goaltender in Arnason. I have seen Deichert play in 5 games now and he hasn't been as impressive as people have talked him up to be. RR clearly had a lot of better scoring chances aswell. Good win for GFRR as they improve to 11-0 and FS drops to 8-4.

To me it did not look like either team brought their "A" game tonight. The game was intense down to the final few seconds, with South pulling its goalie. At times the game looked choppy, with players throwing the puck blindly and dumping the puck or icing the puck for no apparent reason. However, there were times when I was very impressed. I liked Russel Crary. He worked very hard, and looked like he was a pretty solid skater, with good knee bend. Eric Meland made some nice passes but other than that he did not really stand out to me. Ladouceaur (spelling?) and Galbreath both played solid games at the point and were very beneficial to the Red River breakout. I love the way they wait patiently for an opening rather than throwing the puck up the wings a$$. Danny Wurden had another solid perfomance, it looked like he was on the ice every other shift. South frequently wanted to take the big slap shot and it rarely worked in their favor. I think the big difference tonight was desire. Red River wanted it more than South and it showed.

I wasn't at the game but I am finding some problems with this statement. You said RR got "better" goaltending and "better" scoring oppurtunities. Well to me if a team wins by one and has "better" scoring chances wouldn't the other team have to get equal or better goaltending to keep out those "better" scoring chances and keep it a one goal game?

To me it did not look like either team brought their "A" game tonight. The game was intense down to the final few seconds, with South pulling its goalie. At times the game looked choppy, with players throwing the puck blindly and dumping the puck or icing the puck for no apparent reason. However, there were times when I was very impressed. I liked Russel Crary. He worked very hard, and looked like he was a pretty solid skater, with good knee bend. Eric Meland made some nice passes but other than that he did not really stand out to me. Ladouceaur (spelling?) and Galbreath both played solid games at the point and were very beneficial to the Red River breakout. I love the way they wait patiently for an opening rather than throwing the puck up the wings a$$. Danny Wurden had another solid perfomance, it looked like he was on the ice every other shift. South frequently wanted to take the big slap shot and it rarely worked in their favor. I think the big difference tonight was desire. Red River wanted it more than South and it showed.

I thought Fargo South was very unimpressive tonight. Danny Wurden is a solid player but he and his other D mates looked like they just threw the puck around sloppily instead of making crisp passes...maybe Red River's forecheck was too much for them. I also noticed that Fargo South's lines were different in the third period; if anyone has any reasoning for that I would be very interested to find out.

I thought Fargo South was very unimpressive tonight. Danny Wurden is a solid player but he and his other D mates looked like they just threw the puck around sloppily instead of making crisp passes...maybe Red River's forecheck was too much for them. I also noticed that Fargo South's lines were different in the third period; if anyone has any reasoning for that I would be very interested to find out.

"We played a terrible game. We're a very selfish team, we're not very disciplined and we don't work very hard. We have the most talented team in the state and we play as 20 individuals." Dean Wilson in todays Fargo Forum.

"We played a terrible game. We're a very selfish team, we're not very disciplined and we don't work very hard. We have the most talented team in the state and we play as 20 individuals." Dean Wilson in todays Fargo Forum.

Wouldn't want to be a Bruin at practice this afternoon. :ohmy:

"If you guys don't want to work during the game we'll work now! On the line!!!"

-Herb Brooks, Miracle