SiouxSports.com Forum

Dartmouth Tournament? Anybody Making the Trip To Hanover, NH

AussieSiouxFan

I am a Sioux fan in the land Down Under and am in NYC during Christmas and New Years and in between am making the trip to Hanover to watch my first Sioux game live in the Dartmouth tournament. I wish it could have been at the Ralph, but beggers can't be choosers so just happy that i can watch my favourite hockey team at all.

Anyway to the point, I was wondering if anybody was making the trip up to Hanover NH, curious how many Sioux fans will be in the stands with me? GO SIOUX!!!

I am a Sioux fan in the land Down Under and am in NYC during Christmas and New Years and in between am making the trip to Hanover to watch my first Sioux game live in the Dartmouth tournament. I wish it could have been at the Ralph, but beggers can't be choosers so just happy that i can watch my favourite hockey team at all.

Anyway to the point, I was wondering if anybody was making the trip up to Hanover NH, curious how many Sioux fans will be in the stands with me? GO SIOUX!!!

Enjoy the game Aussie.

Anyone know what the closest major airport to Hanover would be? Is it Burlington, VT or Concord, NH? Or is Boston fairly close? Just tryin to see if this might be feasible...Thanks.

Concord is closer but not worth it if you can get a better price by going into Boston. I am in the process of negotiating my attendace with the family and I am becoming more confident that I will be driving down from Ottawa. ;)

Hello AussieSioux,

Unless my Rutgers football team is in a bowl game in Charlotte or Jacksonville, I am hoping to make the seven hour drive from the New Jersey Shore to see my first North Dakota game on December 30. Hope there are some other enthusiastic Fighting Sioux fans there to see a Sioux win!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS--BEAT LOUISVILLE!

Hello AussieSioux,

Unless my Rutgers football team is in a bowl game in Charlotte or Jacksonville, I am hoping to make the seven hour drive from the New Jersey Shore to see my first North Dakota game on December 30. Hope there are some other enthusiastic Fighting Sioux fans there to see a Sioux win!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

JFR,

I hope you can make it. You will have a GREAT time. But...I hope you get to go to a bowl game for your team instead. That would be super for Rutgers! Either way, have fun.

Siouxmama

Hello AussieSioux,

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

Don't make any firm plans for Dartmouth then. According to ESPN, Rutgers has clinched a bowl berth. What Bowl is yet to be determined but you guys are going to a Bowl game this year. The Sioux are often out east playing a series but Rutgers isn't often in a quality bowl game. If it were a choice I was going to make, I'd go with the Bowl game. You can catch us later by flying to Grand Forks and watching a game at the Ralph ;)

This question is to whoever got tickets already for the tournament:

How did you acquire them? I looked on Ticketmaster and didn't find any.

Also, What is the most feasible way to get to NH? Is it cheaper to fly to Boston and then take a car/train? or just fly directly to NH?

Anybody that has any useful information, I'm open for suggestions and/or advice. This sounds like a good road trip for my dad and I. Thanks.

This question is to whoever got tickets already for the tournament:

How did you acquire them? I looked on Ticketmaster and didn't find any.

Also, What is the most feasible way to get to NH? Is it cheaper to fly to Boston and then take a car/train? or just fly directly to NH?

Anybody that has any useful information, I'm open for suggestions and/or advice. This sounds like a good road trip for my dad and I. Thanks.

I called the Dartmouth arena ticket office yesterday - (603) 646-2466. It sounds like there are plenty of seats available. The UND section is in section 20. The lady told me you can order tickets from her or contact UND to get tickets in the same section.

Boston to Hanover would be about 2-2.5 hours. Fly into Manchester, NH instead. The airfare on Northwest is about the same right now, but you are an hour closer, and it's a much easier airport to navigate. Rental cars are usually cheaper and there are fewer taxes and airport surcharges. Also, when you drop off the rental car, it is right at the airport lot, so you don't need to take shuttle like at Logan. And there is no big dig to worry about.

• 1 month later...

I've been checking flights. Geeze Louise, there's only crap going east from Phoenix. If I go one way, I have to leave a day early,because the flights don't get in until 7PM which is game time. If I go another way, I have to take the red eye. BUT, after hours, literally, of searching, I can fly into Hartford, NH, around 30 miles from Hanover and get to the game on time. Comin' back (to the rez), now that's another adventure!

I wasn't going to go to this game because of the stupid Dartmouth AD and President. I thought about it and came to the conclusion this is not the Dartmouth athletes' fault or problem. This is a hockey tournament to show case our athletes, not a march on Washington. As much as our boys are struggling, I want to go and support them with my loud jersey, loud voice, big enthusiasm and wear my colors proudly all over that campus!!

So now I just have to get Friday off and talk Siouxmama into going with me! Oh and where is everyone staying? I haven't had time to check that out yet.

• 2 weeks later...