SiouxSports.com Forum

Dartmouth Tournament? Anybody Making the Trip To Hanover, NH

AussieSiouxFan

I'm a New Hampshire native so, yes, I will be at the games. Should be fun since two of my family members played hockey for Dartmouth and will be attending with me. (However, they played when Dartmouth was the Indians, and find this whole debate embarassing for Dartmouth. I almost think they are pulling for the Sioux...)

For those making the trek up here, have a safe trip and hopefully we will stay unseasonably warm like we have been having this break! It was a relief walking off the jet in Manchester to 50 degrees last week versus the 15 degree temperature I left Grand Forks in.

See you there.

if you see a friendly guy in a old-school Sioux Jersey handing out chocolate covered potato-chips - TAKE ONE!* that's JF&R!!

(* - you DO have some left, right??:-))

Assuming our 137 year long rebuilding project finally ends with a win against Kansas State in the Texas Bowl this Thursday on the NFL Network, I will open the Widmans Chippers during the fourth quarter. Very unlikely there will be any left for the trip up to New Hampshire. My old Sioux logo #18 Tim Skarperud jersey and new North Dakota jacket are ready for the seven hour trip up to Dartmouth. Hope it will be a lot of fun in section 20 and the "controversial situation" is ignored and fans of all teams in the tournament have a great time. By the way, SiouxMeNow, when you listen inside the salt water taffy bag you can hear the ocean :huh:

GO RUTGERS--BEAT KANSAS STATE!

GO NORTH DAKOTA--WIN THE DARTMOUTH TOURNAMENT!

Assuming our 137 year long rebuilding project finally ends with a win against Kansas State in the Texas Bowl this Thursday on the NFL Network, I will open the Widmans Chippers during the fourth quarter. Very unlikely there will be any left for the trip up to New Hampshire. My old Sioux logo #18 Tim Skarperud jersey and new North Dakota jacket are ready for the seven hour trip up to Dartmouth. Hope it will be a lot of fun in section 20 and the "controversial situation" is ignored and fans of all teams in the tournament have a great time. By the way, SiouxMeNow, when you listen inside the salt water taffy bag you can hear the ocean :huh:

Sounds like you got a fun week in store! Have a blast!!

I live in Providence, RI, so I will be making the trip up friday with the family to watch the first game. Unfortunately my sister has something the next day, so I will be missing the second game, but it will be fun just the same. Also, there werent any seats left, so we all got standing room only tickets. Their website says the arena only seats 3500.

won't be televised but 'DAZ is sending a crew out to cover the "controversey" and provide highlights for the sportscast...

Gee I wonder what their agenda is? I honestly don't care how the Dartmouth students and facualty feel about our sports team's name. I also don't care about their stupid athletic director, but we are going to get the scoop. Good old WDAZ.

Haha, I used to work at Widman's... Awesome candy/chocolate, but chippers are AMAZING!!!

Anyways, go Fighting Sioux!!! Don't let those racist idiots affect your playing!

Gee I wonder what their agenda is? I honestly don't care how the Dartmouth students and facualty feel about our sports team's name. I also don't care about their stupid athletic director, but we are going to get the scoop. Good old WDAZ.

Don't just blame them...I'm sure the Heraldo will be "ALL OVER IT" too :huh: Funny thing is...how many of the students and/or athletic administration will even be around over the holiday? I'm guessing Josie will be "on vacation and unavailable for comment" ???:) How CONVENIENT!!

Based on national rankings, the Sioux are the underdog.

Which probably hasn't been the case against Dartmouth since the '70's.

Darmouth is actually in the top 20 at 5-4-2 or something close to that. Of course that is against EZAC teams, but none the less I suppose they could get a quality win out of the deal...