SiouxSports.com Forum

FIGHTING SIOUX vs SCSU HUSKIES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for Lammy or Grieco on this thread I can see. ;)

I'm not about to lose faith in either of them this early in the season. The team has played very well the last 3 games...if you take away the 2nd periods. It seems that's when they get in penalty trouble. I'm not about to blame either goalie for the fact that our PK units had a rough go of it for a game or two. Hak and Co will work on that with the boys and get it straightened out.

I have confidence in whichever goalie gets put on the ice. See which one looks best in practice during the week and then see what he can do in that weekend's games.

Hopefully Toews, Lammy, and Kaip get the green light to play this weekend....

Same here. I loved JPar as a goaltender but it's interesting to read all the comments about how suddenly JPar was a game stealing goaltender when, while he was here (even during his last year here) people were wishing they'd have a more game stealing goaltender... and calling for Phil to step in. The fact is, the only game stealing goaltender we've had in the last 10 years was Goehring. JPar was good, but he didn't control the game like Karl did.

That being said, I'm not going to give up on Phil either. I think he can be an effective goaltender even if he won't put up the same numbers as goaltenders past. Likewise, Grieco is new to the program, had his first two starts ON THE ROAD (which is never easy regardless of the opponent). I haven't seen Grieco live yet (haven't even listened to a game with him playing). But one thing I AM in favor of is a rotation in this case.

One of the only downfalls of a #1 goaltender system is the potential for complacency. Hak's (and BLais') rotation system made it such that one goaltender played one game and the other the next, unless one goaltender had a great game in which he'd be rewarded with the Saturday game (or Saturday to Friday). This means that the Saturday goaltender HAS to play well or he could lose a game or two to the Friday goaltender or vice versa if that goaltender plays well. It also gives experience to the "backup" and rest to the "starter."

I can understand why Hak went with Phil vs. Maine and UW. I can even understand if he goes with Phil again vs UW and vs UMN. But I think vs. teams like DU, CC, UMD, MSUM, MTU, UAA, and even SCSU, I think there should be a rotation. I could even make the argument to have the rotation in all non conference games and allow Grieco and Walski to be the sole go to guys for exhibition games (especially Walski).

Regardless of what ACTUALLY happens, I think I'm just going to put my trust in Hakstol's decisions and root for the team regardless.

from brad today

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

phil has not practiced, likely out as we expected. kaip doubtful for friday, toews practiced with no hitting and the oshie has a killer mullet!!! sweet..............

OK. Phil hasn't practiced...we have 2 more goalies to use.

Kaip doubtful for Friday...maybe we will see him on Saturday.

Toews in a "no hit" jersey...better safe than sorry.

Oshie has a killer mullet...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :whistling:

Toews in a "no hit" jersey...better safe than sorry.

To me if he is practicing that is a good sign, if we remember right he was practicing last week too.

So I am hoping we have him available for this weekend. Also, after this week the Sioux have a bye week before heading off to UAA. I would think a bunch of these guys would be healed up by then.

To me if he is practicing that is a good sign, if we remember right he was practicing last week too.

So I am hoping we have him available for this weekend. Also, after this week the Sioux have a bye week before heading off to UAA. I would think a bunch of these guys would be healed up by then.

it would be great to have him back of course but if he isn't ready then he will end up with 3 weeks of rest lie phil after the bye week so thats fine as well. i still think he will play!!

IN GRIECO WE TRUST.............lets go get 2 more WCHA wins and 4 more points!!

I want to see the Sioux Lite Up Bobby and their Rookie goalie.

Since SCSU went on a run last season the Huskies have had this chip on their shoulder.

I would like to See UND knock it off with a couple of resounding beating at the hands of our high power offense.

Hak said Kaip was probably a no-go for Friday, Phil a no-go for the weekend, and Jon may be back after all.

If Toews is back, that's GREAT news!

Question is: Where would you put him in the lines? Back on the first line with Oshie and DUncan? Or would you put him on the second line with Miller (has to be moved there) and Porter?

If Toews is back, here's what I'd expect:

Oshie-Toews-Duncan

Miller?-Watkins-Porter

Fabian-Zajac-Kozek

Bishop/Vandevelde-Martens-Forney

Ok, honestly speaking, I'm not sure what the order would be on the 2nd and 4th lines. I don't know if Porter, Miller, Bishop, Forney, or Vandevelde are left wings. I know that both Martens and Vandevelde have played center in the past, but I don't know if Zajac has. Maybe Zajac moves to LW on the 4th line and Vandevelde moves up to center the 3rd line?

Anyone who has attended a road game at SCSU knows about their limited number of protesters who yell at Sioux fans. How about some Sioux fans "protesting" outside the front of the arena posing as PETA members?:whistling: Anyone up for it? Huskies have feelings too! I think it would be hilarious!

Hak said Kaip was probably a no-go for Friday, Phil a no-go for the weekend, and Jon may be back after all.

If Toews is back, that's GREAT news!

Question is: Where would you put him in the lines? Back on the first line with Oshie and DUncan? Or would you put him on the second line with Miller (has to be moved there) and Porter?

If Toews is back, here's what I'd expect:

Oshie-Toews-Duncan

Miller?-Watkins-Porter

Fabian-Zajac-Kozek

Bishop/Vandevelde-Martens-Forney

Ok, honestly speaking, I'm not sure what the order would be on the 2nd and 4th lines. I don't know if Porter, Miller, Bishop, Forney, or Vandevelde are left wings. I know that both Martens and Vandevelde have played center in the past, but I don't know if Zajac has. Maybe Zajac moves to LW on the 4th line and Vandevelde moves up to center the 3rd line?

Read Brad Schlossman's blog. He quotes Eades as saying that Toews and Oshie will be on different lines.

Read Brad Schlossman's blog. He quotes Eades as saying that Toews and Oshie will be on different lines.

Looks like Toews is back as he practiced normally without the nohit jersey.

I like the two centering different lines. Oshie seemed out of place at wing.

Lets go with Brad I think Pat still has the no hit jersey on in practice this week ;)

I would still like to see a line of Bishop-Forney-Martens though

Not only that, but is he up to snuff on the "unwritten law's" of the game. They may have changed since the last time PCM laced up his skate's. :lol: