SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Coaches Show

PCM

Blais says that next season, Parise will probably be playing with Brady Murray and Bochenski. He thinks that could be one of the greatest lines in Sioux history.

This is VERY encouraging. Seems like we'll have him for one more year for sure. I don't think Blais would have said anything like that unless Parise has also said something.

This is VERY encouraging. Seems like we'll have him for one more year for sure. I don't think Blais would have said anything like that unless Parise has also said something.

I wouldn't read too much into Blais' statement. I suspect it's based on the assumption that both Parise and Bochenski will be back.

mksioux:

The NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) expires at theend of the 2003-2004 season. Not reaching a new CBA by the start of 2004-2005 is a very real possibility.

The owners are deep in red ink (Ottawa and Buffalo are in bankruptcy). They want salary (and bonus) caps and schedules like some other leagues have. Owners, if they think they can save some money later on a draft pick, may hold off on signing.

Who knows what affects that'll have on player decisions, by both players and teams, over the next couple of years.

Remember that the Mavs have given UND some real trouble late in the season (early WCHA rounds) the past few years. It will be a tough weekend, and I think really tell us what the near future of this team is - mentally if nothing else. After the past couple of weeks, they need to react positively now, or it's nearly impossible to recover to 3rd place.

It's quite possible that how the NHL CBA turns out could have a great influence on whether any Sioux players leave early. However, the one constant theme I've heard from the players is that much depends on how UND's season ends. I find it difficult to believe that players are making any concrete decisions at this point.

I agree that 1) the players probably haven't made up their minds yet, 2) the outcome of the CBA will play a big role, and 3) the drafting team (in Zach's case) will play a big role. So it's all speculation at this point...which is what I was simply doing.

I'm speculating that all 3 of the aforementioned players will suit up in Sioux uniforms next year and that 1 or 2 of the 3 might not in '04-'05. Of course, I'm basing that opinion in large part on the fact that the line will produce such great offensive numbers that the NCAA will pass a resolution eliminating their eligibility so the rest of the teams have a chance of competing. :(:)

I know that Parise is already making arrangements with another current sioux hockey player to move into his house for next year. I know it doesn't mean much, but all the signs right now point to he'll play again next season. Despite what Craig Dahl said about he'll be gone if he scores over 50 pts this year.