SiouxSports.com Forum

My Worst Experience

willistonsioux

Complaining about attendence on Saturday and poor crowd noise this past weekend - where you watching the game??? Didn't see much to cheer about past the first period on Friday and Saturday, about the last ten minutes of the game....... I guess we could cheer everytime Maine scored in the second period Friday and then continued on into Saturday with Maine scoring the 3 goals in 50 minutes and us 0. Or maybe the fact that our team played like midgets on a sugar high.... Anyway enough ranting last years regional game was by far the loudest either the old ralph or the new ralph have ever been! Hands down!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they should do to help fill more seats is to handle the season tickets the way they handle the upperbowl student tickets. This way Season ticket holders would be able to pick up their tickets 10-14 days before the game, and then if they do not pick up their tickets by the Thurday before the game people could then buy those tickets Friday before the game. This way you can help out those people you cant afford the season tickets, but would like better seats then those in the upper corners. This way you can get recent graduates who are still living in the area that will actually cheer and be loud for their team. And this will also benefit the damn REA managers that only care about money (because they sure dont give a hoot about the team or the students) since they can make more of it.

We love have students there, We were students our selves. But where do you think the money comes from to have a great program like that? (The season ticket holders).

The student line back when I went to school was that "we should ________ because part of the money for the Winter sports/Englestad arena was a student fee charge."

All of the students were rockin at the Fargo Dome with Journey and Def Leppard two of the biggest bands in the country.... in 1985.

I hate to admit that I was at the above-mentioned concert Saturday. And from a cursory glance around the dome, there weren't too many students in attendance; neither current nor former students; of any institute of higher learning. :)

I really like the atmosphere at the Ralph & I was at the old Ralph along time too - I think we are as loud as any good fans, if there is something to be loud about - But we have such knowledgeable Fans, that are so into it all, that it is hard to fake it & just yell all the time (like wisco) I'm glad the students go to rock concerts - We don't have enough good ones up here. But having fun at a concert is alot different than a Hockey game - I'm glad we don't act like that all the time ---speaking of Rock concerts I sure would like to see the Who (Townsend & Daltrey ) or Bob Seger come to Fargo or GF :D Hopefully on a weekend with no Hockey games - But I might miss a Hockey game for one of those too :)

Def Leppard? As opposed to current music like Eminem, P Diddy, or any other gansta-fabulous greats?

Give me the 1980's any day over that crap!

Eminem et al just suck more efficiently. They don't have as many "musicians" in the band :)

That being said, I agree. I'll take '80s music over '90s and today R&B any time.

mikejm- I don't doubt you saw about 80% of the more well-to-do mullett wearers though :D

mikejm- I don't doubt you saw about 80% of the more well-to-do mullett wearers though :)

Strangely, mullets were not as prevalent as I'd expected. Lots and lots of black t-shirts and buzz cuts, though. And a surprising number of couples comprised of skinny men and obese women. :D

This thread is funny. After reading it, here are my thoughts:

Def Leppard is a great band. Motley Crue was better though.

Kid Rock has a few good tunes too.

Music today sucks (Hip-Hop).

Some people still have mulletts and I can't figure out why. They look like retards.

Pam Anderson is a skank. I'd hit that in a New York minute though if given the chance.

Whether it's offensive or not, the Ralph's "atmosphere" isn't nearly as good as it could be. Blame it on knowledgable fans, poor performance or whatever. If it upsets you, do something about it. Frankly, it doesn't bother me one bit. I can't stand UW even though I live here. That said, they blow the living hell out of Sioux sporting events. It's just how it is. Again, no offense to anybody....