SiouxSports.com Forum

Did anyone hear Hakstol's post-game comments?

BostonSiouxFan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just caught the tail end of Hakstol's comments, and he was saying he didn't respect one of Maine's players, and the way he played the game. Anyone hear who he was talking about, and what specifically he was referring to?

TH was trying to give Leveille props, and Hak said he didn't respect him at all, because of the way he plays the game. Was he maybe the cheap shot that knocked out Toews last night with the spear?

Basically from what I gathered was that Hakstol thought the kid was a hack.

That is what I thought after this weekend. If you spear or hack a player classless act.

I think that is what we can take from his comments this weekend. Anyone know how long Jonathon is out, we aren't very good without him.

Basically from what I gathered was that Hakstol thought the kid was a hack.

That is what I thought after this weekend. If you spear or hack a player classless act.

I think that is what we can take from his comments this weekend. Anyone know how long Jonathon is out, we aren't very good without him.

I read his comments to mean the if you want to crown their ass, "(t)hen CROWN THEIR ASS!" ***bang***

Maine was a much better team. Need to give them credit and go back and practice hard and try to beat MSU-Mankato on the road.

maine is solid. they were better this weekend. we will get another crack at them in st louis in april!!

what does that mean?

It means that Basil likens Hakstol to Dennis Green.

A sad comparison. I mean, Hakstol has already been to the big show twice and the Super Bowl of DI hockey once (yeah he lost). Sorry Dennis, Hakstol has already beaten your coaching record.

In any case, what Dennis Green was saying was that the media was all blowing sunshine up of the Bear's slacks and was doing so so much that the game wasn't a contest. I don't think this series was NEARLY that way. Maine has been relatively untested (Minnesota was their only "real" test). UND supposedly has been tested. They didn't come to play this weekend and that's that.

I wonder what Dennis Green's comments were today. The Cards lost to perhaps the ONLY team capable of running the table without a win: The Oakland Raiders.

Does anyone have Dennis Green's mailing address? I think we should all get together and send him a care package of items like:

1. As many Sunday edition Job Classified sections from different cities as we can assemble

2. If possible, the handbook Northwest Airlines sent to all their mechanics that were getting laid off (or whomever it was. The one that 'oks' dumpster diving)

3. An "I got everything I wanted including a new stadium but I still can't coach worth a SH*T" T-Shirt Size XXXXXL

4. A pair of fat pants with the text "Crown This!" written across the backside ???

5. Coffee Cup with "Home of the Calcutta Clipper" written on it.

Any others?

Or maybe the cheap shot VanDeVelde delivered near the end of a 6-2 beatdown? Just finish the game, lick your wounds, and get set for tomorrow night.

Can someone please explain this VanDeVelde hit from behind? I missed the hit at the game to get back to work. Some people say it was clean, others say dirty....What the concensus on the hit?

Or maybe the cheap shot VanDeVelde delivered near the end of a 6-2 beatdown? Just finish the game, lick your wounds, and get set for tomorrow night.

Looked like a kid playing hard who tried to make a good hard hit but definately checked from behind. I think it was one of the rare times in game 1 that the refs made the proper call. I was glad there was no game disqualification.

The Sioux give up 5 second period goals in one of the ugliest 20:00 of hockey I've ever seen...and the refs were at fault? ???

I'm on record to say that the refs had a bad game but they sure didn't make the team quit skating and otherwise stop playing their game.

With all their faults IMO the refs didn't lose either game for us. And believe me, I'd tell you if I thought they did.

My opinion on the officiating is this, almost every call they made was a penalty. Somethings u need to let go though. Vandevelde got the correct call, but i was angry cause that was two weeks in a row (last week he got very lucky on not getting called for it)