SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Maine Saturday Game Thread

kfah1

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see the loss, especially since it means we got swept at home. But overall, the Sioux played much better tonight than last night; so it's nice to see that they can rebound from a game like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maine ranked #1 on the polls this week. But like everyone's been saying, I'd rather be #1 at the end of the year than in the middle of October.

Let's Go Sioux!

Well I think we saw the number 1 team in the country tonight. Of course wait til March when it counts

No doubt about it. That was a veteran team with a helluva goalie and they played like it.

I think it's good for the boys to play some really high quality teams early on in the season. Nothing like ticked off embarassment to fuel a young team to prove themselves.

Unfortunately, this is what's going to happen for a while when UND plays a good team. You just can't pick up where you left off when you lose five players early. Maybe they can develop into a good team, maybe they can't. All I know is this sweep is not going to look good in the PWR come the end of the year.

Ok, so who's gonna buy me a beer?

I will buy you plenty of beer if you can tell what is wrong with this team! I can honestly say I am not sure what they are doing wrong, but Bishop is a great goalie again, but that can not be the reason two weeks in a row!

I will buy you plenty of beer if you can tell what is wrong with this team! I can honestly say I am not sure what they are doing wrong, but Bishop is a great goalie again, but that can not be the reason two weeks in a row!

I don't know if I did, I'd fix it.

Speculating,

I know this is going to sound stupid but can it be that they just don't know how good they are? I don't care what anyone says, this team is FULL of talented, hard working young men. There isn't a prima dona or lazy gus among them.

Poor goaltending, untilmely mistakes, no offense. I think its time for Grecio to start and see what he can do. I think we have answered the Phil question, everyone said just give him a chance and how he has to play ever game, well he had his chance and let in some really bad goals this weekend. I am not impressed with his effort this weekend. You can't blame the lack of defense on all of those goals.

unless we were shoting for a 1-1 tie, we were not winning it anyways. when you miss a gift wrapped goal earlier with a empty net on that PP, i just knew things were gona be bad. regroup, get after it in practice and go get some wcha points next weekend. oh yeah, we NEED toews in the lineup SOON. maybe grieco gets a shot this weekend, and then again, maybe not

I think that he has earned a shot in the net.

who knows if he has earned a start but we have lost 3 in a row and it would be nice to see him get a chance. im not giving up at all with phil as we are only 6 games deep and that would be ridiculous if you ask me. these losses are team losses with goals being given up by bad goaltending at times and bad defensive breakdowns. lets get rolling this coming weekend

So being bored like I am, I decided to check out Mankato for next weekend. I was looking over their box scores from this weekend and noticed something weird...

Check out the officals:

UND Friday box score

Referee:Don Adam,Brad Albers

Mankato Saturday box score

Referee: Brad Albers

I wish I knew how to be in two places at once.... Are there seriously two Albers(s)... cuz that would suck!

Didn't see any of tonight's game, but last night there was NOT a single goal that was Lammy's fault.

Plus, I still think this Maine team is superb and it isn't just the Sioux team that's gonna take a licking against them.

maine is very good and will be there in the end once again along with the sioux. sioux / maine title game in st louis will be the rematch ???

oh yeah, we also need to score more than 1 goal to win some games!! 3 or 4 would help