SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers in Sconnie

AZSIOUX

Are you as sure about Turris as you were about Malone. ;) Vancouver Giants have his rights and will host the Memorial Cup 07 in the spring. They will continue to make lucrative offers all winter and not too many kids would pass up the chance to play for Cup. :D

I was being silly when I made the Malone comment way-back-when. Turris has said more than once that he is 100% for sure coming to UW in 2007. Famous last words? In reality, none of these Canadian kids are a sure thing to hold to their college verbals and not opt for MJ's. Who knows, if Malone has TOO good of a year with Sioux Falls he may end up in MJ's next year.

Ben Winnett may turn out to be the best of them all in 2007. I would be worried about him if I were Old-Man Red.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WISCO's luck that we did not play you? Correct me if I am wrong but we won or semi-final game and you lost yours. That makes us 'lucky'? I was looking forward to playing you guys again. JP displayed, arguably, the biggest tournament-choke in some time. Big-test for lammy this weekend. We have more scoring punch than people realize. Do not give me the 2nd-rate NMU bit either. NMU is a top 20 team playing in a tier-I division, unlike Quinnipiac. Beating them 4-2 is not exactly something to write home about.

We'll probably end up splitting. Ho-hum.

You heard me, I said lucky. Did I stutter. One game away from the match up, the planets were ligned up, big deal. So did Elliot choke during the Final Five, or did the Sioux just get lucky? This works both ways when your splitting hairs. And by the way some of us don't have a lot of hair to split. :silly:;):D

You sound like a Gopher fan. Your killing me, please stop with the NMU being a powerhouse, thats almos as funny as colgate being a title contender on the national scene. They are the furtherst from being a powerhouse team in the CCHA, they are a middle of the pack after Michigan, MSU, . So who is going to score for the Badgers this weekend? I am pretty sure we can match them.

And most of us will settle for a split, nothing wrong with that, because UW plays the Sioux tough at home.

Well, I do have MIDCO, and unless they've done a programming change without my knowledge, I don't have Fox College Sports Central. I hope we do, cause if we don't, I'll have to drive 22 miles to my daughter's farm to watch it on DirectTV.

You should be ok, they aren't forcasting snow yet? :D

You heard me, I said lucky. Did I stutter. One game away from the match up, the planets were ligned up, big deal. So did Elliot choke during the Final Five, or did the Sioux just get lucky? This works both ways when your splitting hairs. And by the way some of us don't have a lot of hair to split. :D;):D

You sound like a Gopher fan. Your killing me, please stop with the NMU being a powerhouse, thats almos as funny as colgate being a title contender on the national scene. They are the furtherst from being a powerhouse team in the CCHA, they are a middle of the pack after Michigan, MSU, . So who is going to score for the Badgers this weekend? I am pretty sure we can match them.

And most of us will settle for a split, nothing wrong with that, because UW plays the Sioux tough at home.

You act like NMU recruits all of their players out of the state of North Dakota and gets their skates and gear at the annual Knights Of Columbus equipment swap. Allbeit not a powerhouse, they were a formidable opponent for opening weekend, especially coming off of a NC hangover. It's flippin' October. Read your history books, NC's typically come out sluggish. I.E. DU and UM before there back-to-backers. Granted, the odds of us doin the same are slim but to think we do not have guys to replace what we've lost that can play the game is ridiculous.

JP played great at the EX but flat out choked in Milwaukee.

I was being silly when I made the Malone comment way-back-when. Turris has said more than once that he is 100% for sure coming to UW in 2007. Famous last words? In reality, none of these Canadian kids are a sure thing to hold to their college verbals and not opt for MJ's. Who knows, if Malone has TOO good of a year with Sioux Falls he may end up in MJ's next year.

Ben Winnett may turn out to be the best of them all in 2007. I would be worried about him if I were Old-Man Red.

We are used to trolls visiting this site and posting on a regular basis so the difference between silliness and provocation can at most times be rather nebulous.

As for your new points, Patrick Roy doesn't own the MJ team in Bathurst and they have Malones rights. By choosing to go to school at Cushing Academy, Malone has already demonstrated that, with respect to his hockey career, it was in his best interest to escape New Brunswick and there is nothing about Bathurst that would lure him back. Turris on the other hand has a chance to play on the big local MJ stage, in Vancouver for the Memorial Cup.

As another poster alluded, I feel better about catching Wisco now, than when they've had a few games under their belt. If we can tighten up defensively, and avoid dumb penalties, we should be okay. I think a split is within reach at this point in the season.

We are used to trolls visiting this site and posting on a regular basis so the difference between silliness and provocation can at most times be rather nebulous.

As for your new points, Patrick Roy doesn't own the MJ team in Bathurst and they have Malones rights. By choosing to go to school at Cushing Academy, Malone has already demonstrated that, with respect to his hockey career, it was in his best interest to escape New Brunswick and there is nothing about Bathurst that would lure him back. Turris on the other hand has a chance to play on the big local MJ stage, in Vancouver for the Memorial Cup.

Oh so sensitive, aren't we? I admitted to that post being a joke the same day I posted it. Lighten up, Frances.

A lot of you guys just cannot admit that anyone other than the Sioux is 'good' or had a 'great' year. I have a ton of Sioux-fan friends, we compliment and riddle each other all of the time.

To say we were 'lucky' to win the NC last year because you did not make it to the final is laughable. EVERY Sioux fan I talked to in MKE admitted to JP being somewhere-else that day. Being somewhere-else on that stage is unacceptable.

Petition the NCAA to put an (*) next to our NC in the recordbooks. That would give us two (*) in the recordbooks, a record within itself.

*Wisconsin 2006 NCAA Hockey National Champions

*Got lucky because they did not have to play UND again.

You act like NMU recruits all of their players out of the state of North Dakota and gets their skates and gear at the annual Knights Of Columbus equipment swap. Allbeit not a powerhouse, they were a formidable opponent for opening weekend, especially coming off of a NC hangover. It's flippin' October. Read your history books, NC's typically come out sluggish. I.E. DU and UM before there back-to-backers. Granted, the odds of us doin the same are slim but to think we do not have guys to replace what we've lost that can play the game is ridiculous.

JP played great at the EX but flat out choked in Milwaukee.

So your putting Panzer(X2) , Potulmy (X2) , Irman in a group you claim can't play.

Hum, Interesting. I don't think anyone said your team isn't talented but some of your fans are poo pooing what you lost. I think your recruits are good but your going to see the NZT in Madison again this season.

Making the games against the Badgers a snore.

So your putting Panzer(X2) , Potulmy (X2) , Irman in a group you claim can't play.

Hum, Interesting. I don't think anyone said your team isn't talented but some of your fans are poo pooing what you lost. I think your recruits are good but your going to see the NZT in Madison again this season.

Making the games against the Badgers a snore.

We all poo poo when we lose guys early. I'll bet there was a lot of poo pooing on this site when you lost the likes of Stafford, Zajac, and Parise. Eaves played VERY boring hockey when he first got there because of the talent, or lack thereof, that was left over from the Sauer-era. We now have a mix of skilled and role players. For the most part our skilled players are young while our D-men are experienced.

It's really too early to tell if some of our new guys can step it up on the O-end of things, just as you still have questions defensively and in net.

It'll be an interesting weekend. But it's still only October. I would not get too high on a sweep or too low on getting swept.

Hey Goon I agree with you on this one 100%. Also in all honesty (please forgive me for my lousy spelling) if "THE FIGHTING SIOUX" get a split I would be happy with that. So let's just hope for the best. GO SIOUX & GO GATORS SWAMP AUBURN.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

I think most of us would since our last few trips to Mad Town have not gone too well.

Gater and Tigers eh? Should be a great football game.

Yes, JP choked in Milwaukee and I also agree our biggest question mark is in our goal. We do not historically fair well in Madison so a split for us would be huge. Recent statistics show that we're lucky to split with the Badgers on the road or at home. We only have a decided edge when playing at a neutral site. I suspect both games will be close and entertaining for all spectators.

Yes, JP choked in Milwaukee and I also agree our biggest question mark is in our goal. We do not historically fair well in Madison so a split for us would be huge. Recent statistics show that we're lucky to split with the Badgers on the road or at home. We only have a decided edge when playing at a neutral site. I suspect both games will be close and entertaining for all spectators.

Choked is a bit harsh, but he did have some bad luck combined with on of his worst games of the year.

WISCO's luck that we did not play you? Correct me if I am wrong but we won or semi-final game and you lost yours. That makes us 'lucky'? I was looking forward to playing you guys again. JP displayed, arguably, the biggest tournament-choke in some time. Big-test for lammy this weekend. We have more scoring punch than people realize. Do not give me the 2nd-rate NMU bit either. NMU is a top 20 team playing in a tier-I division, unlike Quinnipiac. Beating them 4-2 is not exactly something to write home about.

We'll probably end up splitting. Ho-hum.

I'll agree, a split seems likely, and just because I said Wisco was lucky not playing UND after the Final 5 last year doesn't mean that UND would have won it all had they gotten to play Wisconsin again. JPar did choke it away last year, but for some reason, that's just how it was meant to be. Last year is done with, and this year is going to be fun to watch. Here's hoping for 2 great games this weekend, with no serious injuries to either team.

Yes, JP choked in Milwaukee and I also agree our biggest question mark is in our goal.

Considering one of the goals was a perfect deflection from a slap shot off a Sioux defenseman stick into the top corner of the net...hmnnn...hard to say Jordan Parise "choked." Cmon, that's a bit harsh.

Anyone going to Joe Senser's this weekend to watch the games?

From a team defense perspective, it was one of UND's worst games of the year.

I like that statement. Sounds much better than choked. Choked is too much like when your eating chicken and the bone almost kills you because it get caught in your airway. ;);):D:D

Considering one of the goals was a perfect deflection from a slap shot off a Sioux defenseman stick into the top corner of the net...hmnnn...hard to say Jordan Parise "choked." Cmon, that's a bit harsh.

Anyone going to Joe Senser's this weekend to watch the games?

Agree.

I'm a game time decision. It's pheasant opener.