SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews and Duncan

siouxguyinstpaul

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the "Young Guns." It just sounds catchy.

I say you pick the top 5 names and make a poll and have people vote on their favorite one.

How about:

"The future members of a class action sexual harassment lawsuit against some ananomous jersey chaser."

:D:D;)

Ok, if you have a line combination that hasn't been discussed yet I think we would be open to hear what it is but, seriously, why break the ___*____line up? Porter, Watkins and Kozek has show potential too.

I have more hope in Kozek and Watkins than Porter. He should be relegated to the grind line but with the "C" on his jersey, that will probably not happen.

I have more hope in Kozek and Watkins than Porter. He should be relegated to the grind line but with the "C" on his jersey, that will probably not happen.

I tend to disagree. I think Porter is poised to have a great senior year. I say leave him on that 2nd line with Kozek and Watkins, and they will produce some points this year.

I would think MafiaMan would have chimed with with the "Lamplighter" Line as his favorite name by now....Anyone familiar with a certain St. Paul area establishment would get that one.

I haven't the slightest idea what you're talkin' about, dagies. :D

Interesting thread topic trying to pick a name for the afore-mentioned line, but I'm not impressed with anything I've seen thus far (no offense, everyone). I always liked the Red Wings and "The Production Line" for its obvious reference to the Detroit auto industry and the 1970's Flyers and their "Broad Street Bullies", but the last nickname I thought was pretty catchy was (again) Philadelphia's "Legion of Doom." Ottawa's "Pizza Line" just didn't cut it. If someone comes up with something that sticks, I'll be most impressed.

Hope I'm wrong but right now I just don't see it.

Sioux-per Villan:

If you don't think Porter should be on the 2nd line with Kozek and Watkins, who should? The way I see it, those 3 players all compliment each other. They all play physical, and with Kozek being the sniper, Watkins being the Set-Up man, and Porter filling in the leadership role on the line, that line is complete. It's the type of line every team wants I think: A line that can play physical against the one of the other team's top lines and still contribute on the score board at any given moment.

Since they're such good luck, how about "The Blarney Stones"? That way, it's doubly hilarious when they play our beloved nemesis, Minnesota. :D

Better yet, to really get under the Gopher's skin name the line "The Crusaders". They have only one goal, hoisting college hockeys Holy Grail.

Sioux-per Villan:

If you don't think Porter should be on the 2nd line with Kozek and Watkins, who should? The way I see it, those 3 players all compliment each other. They all play physical, and with Kozek being the sniper, Watkins being the Set-Up man, and Porter filling in the leadership role on the line, that line is complete. It's the type of line every team wants I think: A line that can play physical against the one of the other team's top lines and still contribute on the score board at any given moment.

All I'm saying is that I don't necessarily agree that Porter is poised to have a great year. I thought he was as a Sophmore and a Junior though. I really don't see that he has improved much since his freshman year. Stick him on a line with Fabian and Kaip and have Forney/Bishop skate with Kozek and Watkins. His manerisms on the ice tell me that when the bounces don't come his way, he seems to let it bother him more than the other players. Just an observation. I hope his play this weekend will force me to dine on a roasted crow.

The Goal Line. And when the Ralph crowd gets fired up and stands for one of their shifts, they call it a "Goal Line Stand."

Hak might well decide to split them up for balance, but I hope he gives them three or four more series.

if we keep winning and that line becomes unstopable then they wont split them up at all. like i stated earlier. let the other team worry about them, not us. cant wait for sconnie...............

Earth Wind and Fire? How about the Alan Parsons Project....:D

Did someone say Production Line?

How about the Fishing Line...as in the the goalie will be fishing the puck out of the net...

Here's some more...sorry if they were already mentioned...

Power Line - duh

Kraut Line - oops, the Bruins used that one already

Gas Line - Explosive? Or just gassy?

Soo Line - And the train kept a rollin'

that's all for now...