SiouxSports.com Forum

Will this happen at UND?

Nodaker

I hope this doesn't happen, but nothing would surprise me.

Doesn't it seem kind of creepy that these professors were hunting down high school kids' addresses to continue spewing their message? It like tobacco companies needing to advertise to young people.

In spite of what you may have recently read or heard in the media, after 16 years of debating this issue, the UI Board of Trustees still refuses to take the necessary action and no end appears in sight. Thus, you may want to think twice about whether the University of Illinois is a good environment for you to further your education and athletic career. Do you want to play at a school that refuses to commit to equality for all races and that places more value on an outdated and divisive mascot than on a winning athletic program?"

The writer of the letter "might want to think twice" about whether they want to work for a university that "refuses to commit to equality for all races". My suggestion to them is that they send in their resignation in protest. Then I might have some respect for them.

They are suggesting to recruits that they should not come to a university where they happen to work ? Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Do as I say not as I do.

I would think it might be effective. You wouldn't want to take a class from any of these twits and the letter might make you think that all the faculty are representative of these bozos. Therefore you may question attending that school if you think all the professors are like these ones.

That is the one thing I don't understand about those professors and faculty memebers. "I'm so disgusted by the way this University [insert whatever] that I'm willing to take their money." Ummmm, ok. :lol: Way to stand by your principles. :blush:

I would think it might be effective. You wouldn't want to take a class from any of these twits and the letter might make you think that all the faculty are representative of these bozos. Therefore you may question attending that school if you think all the professors are like these ones.

Good point.

The writer of the letter "might want to think twice" about whether they want to work for a university that "refuses to commit to equality for all races". My suggestion to them is that they send in their resignation in protest. Then I might have some respect for them.

They are suggesting to recruits that they should not come to a university where they happen to work ? Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Do as I say not as I do.

This just goes to show that this issue is more about people being able to stand on their soapbox and complain then it is about actually feeling like the have a legitamate point. They are nothing more then snakes in the grass trying to cause problems were there is no issue. How low do you have to go down to. My last point is that if the professor is ID'd the should be fired asap.

This is just me speaking, but if I was the president of a school and I heard about a faculty member publicly bashing the school that gives that person a pay check, I would personally see that their contracts are not renewed after the year. After all, if they turn away potential students with their shananigans and/or antics, that will mean less teachers needed at the school. Seems like a reasonable/logical step in the process.

I'm all about free speech, but where do you draw the line if you are an employer? I'd cut my losses with the current employees right now if I were that person.

This is just me speaking, but if I was the president of a school and I heard about a faculty member publicly bashing the school that gives that person a pay check, I would personally see that their contracts are not renewed after the year. After all, if they turn away potential students with their shananigans and/or antics, that will mean less teachers needed at the school. Seems like a reasonable/logical step in the process.

I'm all about free speech, but where do you draw the line if you are an employer? I'd cut my losses with the current employees right now if I were that person.

I'm sure these faculty members have tenure. Too bad!

It would be nice if the students wouldn't sign up for his courses...If I remember correctly, if a professor did not have at least 10 students finish the semester then they would not be paid for full class duties. In addition, the class would be subjected to additional review by the university.

Sounds crazy, but I remember many teachers at higher level classes who had to beg students to stay to keep the minimum level for full payment (e.g. Differential Equations II). Wouldn't be too hard to stage protests in the form of not signing up for their class and asking for a different teacher, especially if you are paying tuition, and then allowing the university to state that as the reason for dismissal.

Just a thought...

BOBIWABUCHIFAN