SiouxSports.com Forum

ND high school football

extremerouge

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well South beat Minot pretty handly (41-0 or something like that). Minot controlled and won the game against Mandan. I am looking forward to the Bismarck game.

By the way, I am glad to see someone started a High School football thread.

i think bismarck gave south a good game...it was tied at half...

South has scored at least 40 points in every game, and their closest game was 42-21, on the road against probably the second-best team in the state (Bismarck High). I don't think they'll be seriously challenged the rest of the year, or in the playoffs.

If there was a team to beat fargo south, which team would do it?

If there was a team to beat fargo south, which team would do it?

Honestly, I don't think any team in ND this year has a realistic chance to beat them, barring a slew of injuries to key FS players. I believe Bismarck High is clearly the second-best team in the state, but if they couldn't come within 21 points on their home field, it's difficult to believe they'll fare much better at the Alerus, should they reach the championship.

Honestly, I don't think any team in ND this year has a realistic chance to beat them, barring a slew of injuries to key FS players. I believe Bismarck High is clearly the second-best team in the state, but if they couldn't come within 21 points on their home field, it's difficult to believe they'll fare much better at the Alerus, should they reach the championship.

Actually that game was at Fargo South, but it still probably wouldn't have mattered. A team with the speed of south on the turf at the Alerus though...... :silly:

Just give Fargo South the state championship. Minot has a good team though.... ;)

Actually that game was at Fargo South, but it still probably wouldn't have mattered. A team with the speed of south on the turf at the Alerus though...... :silly:

Just give Fargo South the state championship. Minot has a good team though.... ;)

I love South's chances this year, but I don't think I'm calling the championship theirs after I made that mistake last year. I honestly thought last year's team was stellar (not as good as this year's but I thought they could have won it all easy) and I was DEAD WRONG.

I just hope their season thus far won't delude them so much that when they get to the tourneys they choke on their own arrogance.

Go Bruins!

Unfortunatly I don't see any teams keeping it close with south. I'd like to see some close games and keep it interesting but i just don't see it happening.

I'd like to quote the NFL sayings whatever and say... "On any given Sunday...."

Never say never. Some times even the "Unbeatable" teams get beat. I think South will lose a few times this year. I just hope it isn't in the tourny.

I disagree redwing. I've seen a few south games this year and there is nobody in the state that can stop their running attack. South's line averages close to 300# and if they choose to they can just pound it down other teams throat.

Most of the starters on this team went though the disapointment of last season and from what I've hear this team is very focus on taking it one game at a time.

This is probably the best south team since 1990 which ranked in the top 25 nationally. I'd love to see this team play Eden Prairie and Creiten (sp?). They might not have the top end talent, but I don't think many HS teams could stop the Bruins running game.

I disagree redwing. I've seen a few south games this year and there is nobody in the state that can stop their running attack. South's line averages close to 300# and if they choose to they can just pound it down other teams throat.

Most of the starters on this team went though the disapointment of last season and from what I've hear this team is very focus on taking it one game at a time.

This is probably the best south team since 1990 which ranked in the top 25 nationally. I'd love to see this team play Eden Prairie and Creiten (sp?). They might not have the top end talent, but I don't think many HS teams could stop the Bruins running game.

Maybe. But I'm just protecting myself in case they should falter. I don't want to get all "WOO HOO we're going to win it all!" And then fall flat on my face like I did last year. I'm going to take my optimism one game at a time :silly:

Besides Richard and Solum, do you know what other South players are being recruited by dII or above schools? Does UND have any chance of getting Solum?

In reference to South and the 1990 team ranked in the top 25, just last week South was rated at number 9 on maxpreps.com. They've fallen off the national rankings recently, but I'd assume that's becuase of game scheduling.

maxpreps rankings have about as much credibility as the BCS system and that is very little.

I would love to see this Fargo South team play the West Fargo team from a couple of years ago that had Roehl (believe he plays for the Bison now), that absolutely destroyed Minot in the championship and every other team they played that season. :blush:

Redwing, I don't see a team getting within ten points of South..... :lol:

I would love to see this Fargo South team play the West Fargo team from a couple of years ago that had Roehl (believe he plays for the Bison now), that absolutely destroyed Minot in the championship and every other team they played that season. :blush:

I remember going to that game. If my memory treats me right we scored first but after that we got pummeled by them. I believe Steve Brennan was playing as there running back? Cause I remember our defense could not stop the RB.