SiouxSports.com Forum

D2 vs. D1aa revisited...

DUGrad

I just read the post in the other thread... How come the moderator closes this right away? No chance for NDSU fans to respond. What a load of crap. Over on the Bisonville board I notice that threads aren't shut down after NDSU fans start threads about UND. The moderators allow sioux fans to respond (and they do).

IMO it's gutless for the moderator to shut out NDSU fans from posting.... If this is going to happen the moderator should remove the whole post.

I just read the post in the other thread... How come the moderator closes this right away?
Because it was simply anti-NDSU smack that didn't have enough to do with UND, DI-AA, or division reclassifications to merit allowing responses that would have undoubtedly just degraded into pages full of juvenile sniping between a few UND and NDSU fans. I think those threads make the board less friendly and accessible to hundreds of less "hard-core" Sioux fans, who I'd frankly rather serve.

Over on the Bisonville board I notice that threads aren't shut down after NDSU fans start threads about UND.
This contains a false implication that deserves correcting -- the thread wasn't shut down because it was about NDSU, it was shut down because it was an anti-NDSU troll, designed solely to piss off NDSU fans. Had I thought it had been intended as or was likely to turn into the advertised "II vs. IAA" debate, it would have been allowed.

If this is going to happen the moderator should remove the whole post.
Delete vs. close is a tough choice that you have to make in an instant. When there's any question, I try to err on the side of close instead of delete. Admittedly, this is undoubtedly the least consistent part of our moderating.

Not having a smack talk forum is also a good call by Jim.

Agreed. I don't come here to read smack talk. Period. I want to read about what's happening with UND sports (and a few exceptions like Rutgers and GVSU every now and then).

Jim's a great moderator because he doesn't allow too much smack (sometimes I personally feel he's too lenient).

I think he should keep it that way.