SiouxSports.com Forum

How about the NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SAINTS

AlerusDagwoods

Try again. I vote no.

Now if you said Highlanders or Fighting Scots.....

I might be able to have an open mind. ;)

I still vote for the UND Calvery, then at the beginning of a game they can show a video of the Calvery kicking the crap out of the indians and a Calverymember scalping someone. That should finally give them something to complain about, but according to the NCAA that would not be "Hostile or abusive".

I still vote for the UND Calvery, then at the beginning of a game they can show a video of the Calvery kicking the crap out of the indians and a Calverymember scalping someone. That should finally give them something to complain about, but according to the NCAA that would not be "Hostile or abusive".

Cavalry ;)

This will be a good choice.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point......were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I assume the suggestion was posed with the idea, "If UND had no choice and had to change...."? Even in that were the case, I don't know that 'Saints' fits the the state of ND in any way, although someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course even as a Gophers fan I don't think any name change should even be contemplated. It would only imply the NCAA has a legitimate case or lend credence to their demands on UND when the school should simply be left to decide themselves if a change is necessary.

I assume the suggestion was posed with the idea, "If UND had no choice and had to change...."? Even in that were the case, I don't know that 'Saints' fits the the state of ND in any way, although someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course even as a Gophers fan I don't think any name change should even be contemplated. It would only imply the NCAA has a legitimate case or lend credence to their demands on UND when the school should simply be left to decide themselves if a change is necessary.

First, we're far from there at this point.

Second, I thought your vote was already in --> the "Fighting Halos". :crazy::p

You're right. There IS a connection. :hypocrite:

• 3 weeks later...

That would definately be a thumb in the eye to the PC pro name change people.

COuld you imagine if we could arrange exhibition games vs. FSU and Illinois?

Our Custer clone riding down the sidelines towards Chief Osceola or Chief Illiwinek? I think Saigo would have a stroke! ???

The stripe on the pant leg needs to be modified so it looks like a scabbard along the leg.

Being a traditionalist, I'd prefer to see the athletic uniforms mirror the original cavalry uniforms as closely as possible. The scabbard design is too cutesy for my taste.

Here is the logo of the WHA Minnesota Fighting Saints. I remember the team we had here for a year,the New Jersey Knights who became the San Diego Mariners,My Webpage used to play in an arena that had chicken wire on top of the boards instead of glass. The Minnesota team used to play in the Saint Paul Civic Center and they had clear boards.