SiouxSports.com Forum

Question for Minnesota Vikings fans

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Rex Grossman is slightly better than Brad Johnson, but Brian Griese is vastly superior to Rex Grossman. I see the Bears easily winning the division with either Grossman or Griese at QB, but Griese gives them a much better chance to actually go somewhere in the playoffs. The Vikings are about a 7-9 team.

We'll see. I hope the Bears do well.

Vikings are an 8-8 team. Mediocrity, thy name is Minnesota pro sports.

Seriously? That is one big conspiracy theory you have going for you. who cares anyways, the Vikes won the game.

Tom Cruise was at the game, maybe he used his alien powers to mess with the headsets. :lol:

Bret Farve WAS a great quarterback. He does play in front of a horrible team and should have retired. Farve is not underated. He gets more props by anybody else in this leage with the exception of Manning.

Tom Cruise was at the game, maybe he used his alien powers to mess with the headsets. :lol:

Bret Farve WAS a great quarterback. He does play in front of a horrible team and should have retired. Farve is not underated. He gets more props by anybody else in this leage with the exception of Manning.

Somehow, the collective IQ of that stadium that day dropped drastically and entered the realm of mindless psychosis thanks to Cruise.

And it is obvious that you listen to Madden too much. Madden has had a "man crush" on Favre for as long as I can remember. I like Brett Favre, but Madden's kinship with Favre is almost psychotic.

Somehow, the collective IQ of that stadium that day dropped drastically and entered the realm of mindless psychosis thanks to Cruise.

And it is obvious that you listen to Madden too much. Madden has had a "man crush" on Favre for as long as I can remember. I like Brett Favre, but Madden's kinship with Favre is almost psychotic.

I can't stand Madden. I think he is an insult to our intelligence. I will agree that he has a man crush on Favre. A lot of other people, including but not limited too espn, do as well.

Why didn't anybody complain when Madden had a "man crush" on Aikman or Montana?

Madden never gushed about Montana or Aikman like he did about *Farve. Even if he had, Montana has five rings (edit: Four, Young got the other one) and Aikman has three, versus *Farve's one.

*spelling incorrect.

I can honestly say that I like Brett Favre as a player a lot more than I like the Green Bay Packers as a team. I cheer for the Packers, but mainly just because Favre plays for them.

Now I can't even bring myself to watch a Raider game anymore. I'll never cheer for any team that Moss plays for.

I know that breaking records is important but I gotta think that going out with some dignity, maybe that's the wrong word, going out while you're still thought of as one of the best is more important.

I totally agree with you there. Moss is an embarassment to all athletes. I don't care how good he is, he's a terrible human being, IMHO.

HEY! Back off the Packers! They were actually winning for a little bit! Apparently Coach Whocareswhathisnameis is taking it one step at a time.

Lucky win for the Queens today. It's too bad Gamble and Delhomme did their team in. Gamble's move was simply the dumbest special teams play I've seen in quite some time. Delhomme made Aaron Brooks look good in the fourth quarter.

Oh, and just so I'm not too negative on the Panthers:

Peppers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Entire Vikings defensive line. That dude flat out kicked the Vikings' butts. Too bad the rest of his team was either banged up or didn't come to play.

Favre now needs only 18 TD passes to tie Marino's all-time record, 19 to break it. With 13 games to play, I wouldn't be surprised if he does it this year. I still have a hard time understanding how anybody could honestly believe he doesn't have it anymore.

Cmon, DaveK, the Pack played the LIONS yesterday for crying out loud. Dan Pastorini could have suited up for Green Bay and thrown a TD pass against those clowns.

Bears 19 Vikings 16 :silly:

I was at the game and really not impressed by either team. On the other hand, Urlacher is frickin' awesome. It's like he comes out of no where. One minute he's yards from the guy with the ball and then his body is seen literally flying across the field and BOOM, the other guy goes down!! A thing of beauty, I tell ya, a thing of beauty!!!

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/697829.html

On the other hand, several players inexplicably took time from their postgame routine to complain about a full-page photo of Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher in Sunday morning's Star Tribune. Although the accompanying story chronicled the Vikings' progress on defense -- and, most important, had nothing to do with the outcome of the game -- some Vikings took offense that Urlacher was the visual emphasis.

Even Childress fell victim to the pettiness, spending only 2 minutes and 11 seconds in his postgame news conference.

If anyone has this picture, I would love to have it! PM please. ;)

Bears 19 Vikings 16 :silly:

I was at the game and really not impressed by either team. On the other hand, Urlacher is frickin' awesome. It's like he comes out of no where. One minute he's yards from the guy with the ball and then his body is seen literally flying across the field and BOOM, the other guy goes down!! A thing of beauty, I tell ya, a thing of beauty!!!

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/697829.html

If anyone has this picture, I would love to have it! PM please. ;)

Your Bears are a force in the NFC this year, there's no question about it. The Seahawk game next week should be very, very good.

Your Bears are a force in the NFC this year, there's no question about it. The Seahawk game next week should be very, very good.

I hope so. I was expecting a much better game yesterday against these two big rivals. I'm just glad the Bears made the necessary changes and were able to come up with the win!

The Bears are a force? If the NFC had a solid team the Bears would not be favored to get to the SB this year, but as of now the only team that might legitimately be able to challenge them is Seattle. The Bears last year skated playing a mediocre schedule so far his year they've played another mediocre schedule. If the Vikings had anything resembling an offense they win that game by 10.

Before anyone gets me wrong, I think the Vikings aren't as good as Chicago as of right now. The offensive line needs work and they don't have enough depth at WR. They Vikings D looks great but I want to see them perform like this for an entire season before I'd be willing to place them on that pedestal. The good news is Minnesota should be able to go 4-0 against GB and DET which gets them that much closer to a WC spot. The odd thing is I don't see a single dominant team in the NFL, even those with 3-0 records.

btw - I like listening to fans meltdown on KFAN about the Vikings loss, as if they expected this team to go to the SB. If someone had told me in July that against this schedule, the Vikings would score 1 offensive touchdown and still win 2 of 3 I'd have said, "I'll take it". They've got several new starters on O and a brand new offensive playbook. While I can't see this team doing much damage in the playoffs, Childress has them playing hard-nosed, competitive football and it's good to see.

As a life long Bears' fan, you can only imagine the abuse I'm subjected to throughout a football season. :D This year, I keep hearing about our 'soft' schedule and 'if only....' or 'they only...' had happened, the Bears would have lost, bla bla bla. :silly:

Ya know what?? I don't care why, I'm just damn glad we're winning right now! :0

DA BEARS A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH IN THE NFC. DEAL WITH IT!!! ;)

The Bears are a force? If the NFC had a solid team the Bears would not be favored to get to the SB this year, but as of now the only team that might legitimately be able to challenge them is Seattle. The Bears last year skated playing a mediocre schedule so far his year they've played another mediocre schedule. If the Vikings had anything resembling an offense they win that game by 10.

Before anyone gets me wrong, I think the Vikings aren't as good as Chicago as of right now. The offensive line needs work and they don't have enough depth at WR. They Vikings D looks great but I want to see them perform like this for an entire season before I'd be willing to place them on that pedestal. The good news is Minnesota should be able to go 4-0 against GB and DET which gets them that much closer to a WC spot. The odd thing is I don't see a single dominant team in the NFL, even those with 3-0 records.

btw - I like listening to fans meltdown on KFAN about the Vikings loss, as if they expected this team to go to the SB. If someone had told me in July that against this schedule, the Vikings would score 1 offensive touchdown and still win 2 of 3 I'd have said, "I'll take it". They've got several new starters on O and a brand new offensive playbook. While I can't see this team doing much damage in the playoffs, Childress has them playing hard-nosed, competitive football and it's good to see.

Ummm.... I agree inasmuch as that the Super Bowl is really up to whichever AFC team makes the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't discount the Bears. They are very good even though Rex Grossman isn't that great of a QB. I think the Vikings are a bit overrated, to be honest.

How long has it been since Johnson threw a TD pass? Does Chester Taylor even have a TD this season (recieving or rushing or whatever)? The Vikings, to me, remind me of a lesser talented Baltimore Raven squad. All Defense and NO offense.

The Bears didn't dominate the Vikings and I don't believe the Vikings will ever really be blown out this year. That being said, I highly doubt the Vikings are going to be scoring much either.

Take it with a grain of salt anyhow, as the Vikings should really be 1-2 right now but, thanks to Gamble, they are 2-1. So, is the glass half empty or half full?

For what it's worth, the Lions did hold the defending NFC champs (Seattle) to 9 points on opening day.

For what it's worth, after watching Seattle put up 35 on the Giants yesterday in the first half, I think one of the bigger questions three games into the season is "how did Detroit hold Seattle to 9 for the game?" three weeks ago?

As for Vikings fans gnashing their teeth over yesterday's loss? Let's be serious, folks. The Vikings had a game HANDED to them by the Panthers, then promptly lost a game they should have won. They're right where they should be at 2-1.

By the way, those uniforms are STILL hideous and I don't care what anyone says. It was awesome seeing the old-school Bears uniforms up against those XFL duds worn by the Vikings.

Ummm.... I agree inasmuch as that the Super Bowl is really up to whichever AFC team makes the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't discount the Bears. They are very good even though Rex Grossman isn't that great of a QB. I think the Vikings are a bit overrated, to be honest.

Take it with a grain of salt anyhow, as the Vikings should really be 1-2 right now but, thanks to Gamble, they are 2-1. So, is the glass half empty or half full?

I said I don't think the Vikings are as good as the Bears overall, nor do I think they're a great team. But, if they can get the offense clicking a bit more they have a chance to at least make the playoffs. Beyond that they're too weak at WR to compete deep into the playoffs.

As to whether or not Chester has a TD, who cares? You expect him to score from outside the 20?

As for your believing the Vikings are overrated - overrated how? I think most people expected them to be anywhere form 0-3 to at best 2-1 after 3 games - I think they're right on target. :silly:

And if you want to claim the Vikings should have lost the Carolina game if not for Gamble, on that same token the Vikings should have beat the Bears if not for the bogus Williamson penalty and the Taylor fumble. Nuts and bolts doncha know?

Either way the fact is they're 2-1 - at best a decent to good team but far from great/elite.

What does everyone think about Kleinsasser? I just don't see him in a Viking uniform after this season, perhaps not even an NFL uniform period. He looks extremely slow out there, and falls over like a bowling pin at the first sign of a tackler. He's been an outstanding blocker, no question. For the money he's making, I don't think the Vikes are getting a lot of bang for the buck. I think he just got too big, and has been injured too many times. It's taken it's toll. What do you guys think?

What does everyone think about Kleinsasser? I just don't see him in a Viking uniform after this season, perhaps not even an NFL uniform period. He looks extremely slow out there, and falls over like a bowling pin at the first sign of a tackler. He's been an outstanding blocker, no question. For the money he's making, I don't think the Vikes are getting a lot of bang for the buck. I think he just got too big, and has been injured too many times. It's taken it's toll. What do you guys think?

The one reason Kleinsasser was drafted in the 2nd round (44th overall) in 1999 is that he is a great blocker. It's like having another offensive lineman out there. He's just a big, Sherman tank that runs over anything in his way. He doesn't get a lot of highlight time because blocking tight ends aren't highlight material. But good blocking is just as important to an offense as catching and running. Why do you think the Vikings keep Jermaine Wiggins on the team? Because he can catch the ball and sometimes get some yards after the catch, something Kleinsasser has never been very good at. If I ever open up my Sporting News and read that Kleinsasser shouldn't be on the Vikings roster because he "isn't great after the catch" again, I think I'll throw up. That's not what he's on the team for. I think Jimmy might have a couple of seasons left in him, provided he stays healthy.