SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim and Swyg bashing this web site

D1sioux

This morning the two anouncers were bashing the people who post on this site as being know it alls...or something to that effect...interesting....I wonder why someone would pay these two to sit and read the GF Herald for 3 hours every morning???

I'm always kind of amused when professional sports discussers mock fans for daring to have sports discussions not sanctioned by them. Anyone can post a thought here, and anyone who disagrees can engage the original poster and any other interested parties in an ongoing discussion. Reading a post here and then criticizing it on a moderated radio show, to which the poster can't reply, is rather timid.

Bear in mind an individual's personal stake in discussion mediums whenever they deride one (e.g. paid talent on radio chat show warns listeners against chatting on internet, or proprietor of a web discussion board makes fun of radio show :blush: ).

Also keep in mind, despite what they may say, they're reading too...

Aren't Tim and Swyg glorified fans anyway? They have more contact with the programs directly, but they aren't on the field/ice/court playing the games, so are they really different from us "lowlife" fans with our wrong opinions???

For the record, I have enjoyed Tim as an announcer since the 80s and respect him as a play by play guy, one of the best in the business.

they are two local announcers who do a 3 hour morning show....as far as the 3 hours of reading the GF Herald....they just keep repeating things...over and over all morning long...it is quite amusing...lol...i am being sarcastic of course....if this web site is so bad....why have they referenced it before...as well as Mr Fee and the Forum guru read this web site as well....possibly 4 of their 6 listeners responded to this thread...from the people I know more listen to 1310 than 1440....oh well...they should just put the KFAN guys on from 6 til 9 til PA and Dubay come on...their funnier anyway....when Swyg and Tim were gone on vacatoin...it was refreshing to listen to a better show....and BTW....Swyg you wont ask the tough questions....which is why he got bent this morning anyway....and all 5 of your callers for the coaches shows...ask tougher questions....lol...laughable....guess someone hit a sore spot....band aid needed!!!

Tim is a great announcer for Fighting Sioux Hockey, I've always enjoyed listening to him call a game, but his morning show with Swyg is nothing but a "duckies and bunnies" type of fluff show for Sioux athletics.

These guys still don't understand why fans wanted Rich Glas gone. They actually talked about Glas and how still should be at UND just a couple weeks ago. Get over it....its done with...move on....

Tim is a great announcer for Fighting Sioux Hockey, I've always enjoyed listening to him call a game, but his morning show with Swyg is nothing but a "duckies and bunnies" type of fluff show for Sioux athletics.

These guys still don't understand why fans wanted Rich Glas gone. They actually talked about Glas and how still should be at UND just a couple weeks ago. Get over it....its done with...move on....

I agree. And as much as I appreciate having the Wednesday night coaches' shows, they are filled with too much inane chitchat and too little actual discussion of the sports, especially during the football and basketball segments. It's frustrating to listen to much of the time. As for Richie, we all can agree that he was and is a good guy, but the ONLY possible way he should still be at UND would have been in some sort of administrative capacity, which he apparently wasn't interested in. For Swyg and/or Tim to suggest that the fans' dissatisfaction with the men's basketball program was unwarranted, or that Rich SHOULD still be UND's coach, is beyond ludicrous.

I think they don't like this site because of the thread about getting rid of Rich Glas. I remember hearing them bash it around the time that thread was hot. This site is so important to alumni who no longer live in the area, and for inside scoops. I hear news on here 1-2 days before it makes the Herald sometimes.

I agree. As much as I appreciate having the Wednesday night coaches' shows, they are filled with too much inane chitchat and too little actual discussion of the sports, especially during the football and basketball segments. It's frustrating to listen to much of the time. As for Richie, we all can agree that he was a good guy, but the ONLY possible way he should still be at UND would have been in some sort of administrative capacity, which he apparently wasn't interested in. For Swyg and/or Tim to suggest that the fans' dissatisfaction with the men's basketball program was unwarranted is beyond ludicrous.

not to mention the six people who listen to the show...one being K dog...who wont respond to this thread cuz he doesnt own a computer....roflmao

I'm always kind of amused when professional sports discussers mock fans for daring to have sports discussions not sanctioned by them. Anyone can post a thought here, and anyone who disagrees can engage the original poster and any other interested parties in an ongoing discussion. Reading a post here and then criticizing it on a moderated radio show, to which the poster can't reply, is rather timid.

Bear in mind an individual's personal stake in discussion mediums whenever they deride one (e.g. paid talent on radio chat show warns listeners against chatting on internet, or proprietor of a web discussion board makes fun of radio show :blush: ).

Also keep in mind, despite what they may say, they're reading too...

I think what part of their "Beef" is that the anonymity (sp?) of the posters. I have to agree that it is very hard sometimes to read opinions and bashings of various topics and not know of the credibility behind the remarks.

At least Tim and Swygg are not hiding behind some screen name, you know where their opinions come from.

I have posted of this site under two Names "Coachdags" and Now "The Walrus" because I recently sold my Bar....I believe most people know who I am and I am resposnible for what I say...

No Drive By Posting Here...and Jim by your screen name you must somewhat agree?

Mike Delohery

I think what part of their "Beef" is that the annonimity (sp?) of the posters. I have to agree that it is very hard sometimes to read opinions and bashings of various topics and not know of the credibility behind the remarks.

At least Tim and Swygg are not hiding behind some screen name, you know where their opinions come from.

No doubt anonymity emboldens people to say things they wouldn't in person, but what they say is still often worth considering.

Radio hosts' personal accountability, while noble, discourages them from risking harming their relationships with other stakeholders. However, most sports radio shows do rely heavily on the same emboldened anonymity, encouraging "know-it-alls" to call in and spout off without definitive identity verification (I'm unfamiliar with "Tim & Swygg", so am not commenting specifically on their show).

On this medium, anonymity actually increases the expertise in the discussion. Players, coaches, staff, media, and their friends and families come to participate in the Sioux fan community and share news and opinions without being hassled or having to reveal precisely who they or their contacts are.

It's the same "anonymous source" concept traditional media always relied on to get inside information, but with the additional ability to instantly publish information while being truly anonymous (not even known to an editor or reporter). That freedom certainly does dramatically reduce reliability compared to edited media, but astute readers can easily compensate for that.

I personally do put my name on what I write and you all know where to find me. However, I understand that others have reasons they can't always do that, and appreciate the contributions from those who wouldn't be able to contribute if they had to attach their identity.

My mornings are comitted to O&A and I'm glad! Hey its W.O.W!

After getting XM I will never again listen to Tim and Swyg again. It is frustrating to have a local morning show where the two of them are best buddies with every person they interview and anyone that sponsors them. Both of them are very nice guys, but that's where the compliments end. O&A could be some of the most screwed up talk radio ever but at least it is interesting!

Agreed Jim!

I am annoyed by the personal attacks, such that has leveled upon coaches, student athletes, and others while possibly the same person would act differently face to face, or when not able to hide behind a screen name?

Tips and inside info are great reading!

After getting XM I will never again listen to Tim and Swyg again. It is frustrating to have a local morning show where the two of them are best buddies with every person they interview and anyone that sponsors them. Both of them are very nice guys, but that's where the compliments end. O&A could be some of the most screwed up talk radio ever but at least it is interesting!

O&A?