SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim and Swyg bashing this web site

D1sioux

I appreciate having Tim & Swyg to listen to. They are the only guys who ever regularily talk Sioux Athletics on the radio in this region, even though it is usually only for about 10 minutes every week. Unless Swyg mows his lawn that week. Then the Sioux talk is cut down to five minutes that week. When UND hired their first new men's basketball coach in nearly two decades, they did take the time to interview him.........10 days or so after he was hired. When UND announced they were going DI, they broke the story by interviewing Tom Buning.......4 or 5 days later.

I understand that when they work in a small market like GF and real job is the play-by-play gig that they shy away from posing challenging questions or criticism of coaches when they work so closely with Hakstol, Roebuk, Glas (now Jones), even Lennon. But it would be nice if they would do a half-hours work of homework the day before their show in order to at least have an intelligent discussion during their show about Sioux athletics rather than an hour and half devoted to reading the GF Herald on the air, and another hour and half devoted to Swygman's latest yard project. For those that don't know, Swyg bags his grass, while Tim does not. With Forum Communications now owning the Herald, I wonder if Clear Channel will ban them from referencing the Herald in the future. This could mean more time devoted to Tim's lawn-care strategies.

I will continue to faithfully tune in every morning. I think tomorrow is the day for UND's 10 minute alottment.

I appreciate having Tim & Swyg to listen to. They are the only guys who ever regularily talk Sioux Athletics on the radio in this region, even though it is usually only for about 10 minutes every week. Unless Swyg mows his lawn that week. Then the Sioux talk is cut down to five minutes that week. When UND hired their first new men's basketball coach in nearly two decades, they did take the time to interview him.........10 days or so after he was hired. When UND announced they were going DI, they broke the story by interviewing Tom Buning.......4 or 5 days later.

I understand that when they work in a small market like GF and real job is the play-by-play gig that they shy away from posing challenging questions or criticism of coaches when they work so closely with Hakstol, Roebuk, Glas (now Jones), even Lennon. But it would be nice if they would do a half-hours work of homework the day before their show in order to at least have an intelligent discussion during their show about Sioux athletics rather than an hour and half devoted to reading the GF Herald on the air, and another hour and half devoted to Swygman's latest yard project. For those that don't know, Swyg bags his grass, while Tim does not. With Forum Communications now owning the Herald, I wonder if Clear Channel will ban them from referencing the Herald in the future. This could mean more time devoted to Tim's lawn-care strategies.

I will continue to faithfully tune in every morning. I think tomorrow is the day for UND's 10 minute alottment.

You forgot golf with Joel A., I believe that is on Wednesday, with tales of drinking 2 beers at the parrots cay.

I think what part of their "Beef" is that the anonymity (sp?) of the posters. I have to agree that it is very hard sometimes to read opinions and bashings of various topics and not know of the credibility behind the remarks.

At least Tim and Swygg are not hiding behind some screen name, you know where their opinions come from.

I have posted of this site under two Names "Coachdags" and Now "The Walrus" because I recently sold my Bar....I believe most people know who I am and I am resposnible for what I say...

No Drive By Posting Here...and Jim by your screen name you must somewhat agree?

Mike Delohery

We would not get some of the great info we get on this message board if people let others know their identity. Tim and Swygg are not in the same situation as posters on this board who are so called "hiding behind some screen name", because they don't get paid to comment on Sioux athletics, like Tim and Swygg do.

Agreed Jim!

I am annoyed by the personal attacks, such that has leveled upon coaches, student athletes, and others while possibly the same person would act differently face to face, or when not able to hide behind a screen name?

Tips and inside info are great reading!

So posting on a web site that is based on opinions and having a screen name with a name is how different than lets say....someone talking behind someones back....hoping the person your talking about wont find out??? It is any different than that??

We would not get some of the great info we get on this message board if people let others know their identity. Tim and Swygg are not in the same situation as posters on this board who are so called "hiding behind some screen name", because they don't get paid to comment on Sioux athletics, like Tim and Swygg do.

How do you know Tim and Swyg do not post on here....and if other people do not have a life for reading or posting on this web site....why are they reading it?? and on the air no less???

Reminds me of Jack in a few good men....do not question how i defend your country....i would rather you pick up a weapon and stand post...either way...i dont give a damn what you think you are entitled to....

Are there any other topics forgotten??

God Bless and RIP Bruce Tellman!! He could have sorted this *hit out right away!!*

(* I MISS BRUCE'S WORLD!!)

I remember good old Bruce what he didn't know for sure he would make up. I remember back in 88 or 89 when UND's qb wasn't getting the job done in Bruces opinion and he mentioned on his radio show that rt should maybe try their # 2 qb to see what he can do. Well Bruce wasn't allowed at practice for the rest of the season. It about broke his heart.

I think the only bigger idiots on KFAN than Tim and Swyg are the people that call their show. Three hours of Tim and Swyg talking about how they have a crack in their sidewalk that needs fixing is not very entertaining. They probably should put K-Dog on the payroll. He is the most interesting part of the show (and I will stop to listen) because you never know when he will get frustrated and start swearing.

I got a good laugh that morning when K-DOG snapped on sywg and swore at him. Didn't the dog get banned from there show for like two weeks. Well, it just meant those other radio stations were busy taking calls from the dog.

:love::lol::D:);)

ROFLMAO....you're kidding right?? K Dawg actually did this??

That man is FREE COMEDY....good ole' K Dawg!

I think you said that very well.