SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Berry

crosby_87

Just to let some of you know, I have received word that Brad Berry will be coaching the Manitoba Moose this season. Sorry no link, but I think it will be announced possibly tomorrow. If this is true(I trust my source), then it is a very tough loss for UND.

so does eades move up and then obviously there would be a position to fill. i guess the departures keep coming..dammmmmmmmmmmm, berry is a hell of a coach

and for those of you who ask CROSBY87, the source will not be revealed so save your breath on that one, to bad if true but best of luck as well to berry

and for those of you who ask CROSBY87, the source will not be revealed so save your breath on that one, to bad if true but best of luck as well to berry

It doesn't take breath, only keystrokes so.....who's the source?!?!?!??!?!? ;)

Who would likely replacements be? Besides me that is.

It doesn't take breath, only keystrokes so.....who's the source?!?!?!??!?!? ;)

Link, link, ;)

The only bad part of having the best college hockey program in the country, is that everyone wants what we have and will do and will give anything to get 'em. :lol:

I have heard from many people what a genuinely nice guy Berry is, and how evident that becomes to recruits and their families. Berry has been a huge part of UND's success as the program transitioned from Blais to Hakstol. If true, and I imagine it is, this is indeed a tough one for UND. It's also exciting, for Berry as he moves on, and for the program, as it searches for and adds a new presence.

In everything I've read and heard it seems Berry is an awfully important part of the UND coaching staff. I think this is a very big loss. But you have to be happy for a great coach and a seemingly great guy from everything I've gathered. He will leave big shoes to fill. Ouch.

its true and it is the Moose, seems to have happened fast, from the start of the process to it coming out already, I believe they werent the only ones interested in him,

it takes great coaches to get great players and we shouldnt be surprised that they have options also, it will be a huge loss for the program, he played a large part in the recruitment and development of all the players,from the top talent to the everyday role players,

UND needs to make sure Hakstol is taken care of or he may look at his options also, if you saw the contract that Eaves and Sandlin recently signed, their level of compensation is way beyond Hakstol's, Eaves and his assistants recently all got big raises,yes they won a national title, but Hasktol and his staff have 2 final fours in thier first 2 years,

if our athletic director cut back on adding his "assistants to this and that", UND maybe could compensate the coaches at the level they deserve and the level of other top tier programs, not sure if that is why he left, but it all plays a part in the decision process,as it would for any of us in our professions

I for one wouldnt be surprised to see Hakstol move on if things dont change

when Sioux-cia commented about the bad part of having the best college hockey program and others wanting what we have and doing what it takes to get them, its true and when it comes to the players there is only so much you can do to keep them, but when it comes to the coaches,there is a lot more you can do and UND needs to make sure they step up and do everything they can to keep them, with our athletic director and things as they are now, I am not sure that was the case with Brad Berry

Just to let some of you know, I have received word that Brad Berry will be coaching the Manitoba Moose this season. Sorry no link, but I think it will be announced possibly tomorrow. If this is true(I trust my source), then it is a very tough loss for UND.

Yeah since he is the heart and sole of the UND defense. I hope we can find a quality coach that is just as good as Brad when it comes to mentoring defensemen.